• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant count Patrick because we never had him. Same goes for Laughton as he was injured for a long time while we were winning. Pitlick isnt that big of a deal. The big loss is TK and the Linblom thats really the production we are missing and im hoping Gee Jake and Couts pick up that slack starting tonight.
I don't know how you don't count players because they have been hurt. Patrick is a top 9 forward. Lindblom and TK top 6. Raffl and Laughton can play 3rd line and Pitlick is a legitimate 4th line guy. Replace one or two at a time, not a problem, replace 7 at the same time is a problem. It's a real chance there are 6 rookies playing tonight.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% BULLSHIT@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: :mad2:

Between Farabee's hit, Boro's hit, and Ellis' hit last night. DOPS is having a pretty tough week.

Again..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you don't count players because they have been hurt. Patrick is a top 9 forward. Lindblom and TK top 6. Raffl and Laughton can play 3rd line and Pitlick is a legitimate 4th line guy. Replace one or two at a time, not a problem, replace 7 at the same time is a problem. It's a real chance there are 6 rookies playing tonight.
I dont count Patrick and Laughton because we had the 5th best record in the league with them playing very little so we were already really good without them. Raffl and pitlick are 4th liners we should be able to survive without them.You are correct though having them all out at the same time hurts but if we are as deep as we say on this board we should overcome that starting with a home win tonight.

Last edited:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont count Patrick and Laughton because we had the 5th best record in the league with them playing very little so we were already really good without them. Raffl and pitlick are 4th liners we should be able to survive without them.You are correct though having them all out at the same time hurts but if we are as deep as we say on this board we should overcome that starting with a home win tonight.

Two ways to look at this comment...... Yes, without Patrick and Laughton Flyers had the 5th best record, so they were doing fine.... But these two players were absolutely in the mix when this board considered the depth of the organization coming out of camp (or at least before we found out Patrick would not be playing).

IMO Raffl plays a big role on the team as a "plays every minute of every game with all that his skills will allow and then some". I felt that way with PEB - Bellemare. My ranking of players with heart and "plays above their skill level" out of sheer hustle are:
1) Konecny
2) Laughton
3) Raffl

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't dismiss Laughton's play this year. in the previous 13 games in lineup, Flyers were 9-3-1

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two ways to look at this comment...... Yes, without Patrick and Laughton Flyers had the 5th best record, so they were doing fine.... But these two players were absolutely in the mix when this board considered the depth of the organization coming out of camp (or at least before we found out Patrick would not be playing).

IMO Raffl plays a big role on the team as a "plays every minute of every game with all that his skills will allow and then some". I felt that way with PEB - Bellemare. My ranking of players with heart and "plays above their skill level" out of sheer hustle are:
1) Konecny
2) Laughton
3) Raffl
I will agree with this as far as heart and soul of the team rankings. However i believe there is a big leap when you go from 1 to 2nd 3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't dismiss Laughton's play this year. in the previous 13 games in lineup, Flyers were 9-3-1
Only reason why i discounted Laughton is because when we had the best record in the league in November he only played the last week of that month.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with this as far as heart and soul of the team rankings. However i believe there is a big leap when you go from 1 to 2nd 3

TK is my favorite on the entire squad. His talent, plus heart and hustle do put him well ahead of the other 2

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get one from Giroux

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Away from the big squad, York and Brink both looking good to make the US WJC team. In their practice/tryouts, York has been skating on the 3rd pair, but 1PP. Brink on the 2nd line and 1PP.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason why i discounted Laughton is because when we had the best record in the league in November he only played the last week of that month.
Yeah but its simply too many players any team would slump a bit. Should we have considered AHL call ups sure but to be honest when everyone is healthy they do have a lot in the AHL at forward especially. D is still a little questionable when it comes to major depth.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Konecny
2) Laughton
3) Raffl
And herein lies the problem, if you can only put 3 guys on your list and only one is a top tier guy, what does that say about your other top tier players? Also Raffl IMO is what he is. He plays his role perfect and solidly, wouldn't put it above his skill level though.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling the shake tonight! Great game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but its simply too many players any team would slump a bit. Should we have considered AHL call ups sure but to be honest when everyone is healthy they do have a lot in the AHL at forward especially. D is still a little questionable when it comes to major depth.
Slump broken all we needed was TK and some home ice.