• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could debate this but i have a champagne and appetizers party at the office now. :suds:

Bottom line Braun sucks and is holding our young defense back and is taking up valuable cap space preventing us from making any moves and cost us two solid picks we could used in a trade. :thumb:

Haha, enjoy :suds:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had grossly overrated Braun and thought he could be a way better option than Gudas would be on our team. So they pulled off the trade with Washington with Braun already in mind to fill Gudas spot. If that doesn't makes sense its because it doesn't our management screwed that one up big time.

I guess that's possible. But I just don't see how Fletcher could've made those moves with the primary goal being to add Justin Braun. That makes no sense at all to me. Justin Braun was never good enough to warrant clearing Gudas out of the way.

Alternatively, it makes perfect sense to me that Fletcher felt like he had to add a top 4, RH dman, with a lot of experience that has won Stanley Cups. Niskanen is that. And it makes sense to me that the Caps would want a RH dman on a cheaper contract to replace Niskanen. So that, is a match made in heaven to me. And that trade makes perfect sense and is universally appreciated by Flyers fans I think.

Then Braun is the "unfortunate side effect" of a good trade for Matt Niskanen. IMO, thinking about it any other way is trying to paint a bad picture of Fletcher so you can hate the move more.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Flyers felt more comfortable making the Niskanen/Gudas trade because they knew they could get Braun. That makes some sense, but their primary target was still Niskanen in that scenario.

Hell, they could've acquired Justin Braun without the Niskanen/Gudas trade. They could've had Gudas/Braun/Myers on the right side instead of Niskanen/Braun/Myers. Why would they feel the need to move Gudas if they wanted to add Braun? It would be less money against the cap and an even more aggressive take on their stated desire of becoming tougher to player against and reducing the goals against. So even if their main goal was to acquire Braun, there's no reason to trade Gudas. So even that part doesn't make sense.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games for farabee

bullshit.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we even have 12 forwards healthy to play tonight. I don't recall a team being hit this hard by injuries. TK - Patrick - Lindblom would form a good line of top 6 forwards. Laughton, Pitlick, Raffl could be a starting 4th line on most teams. 6 of the top 12 out and now Farabee suspended. They may have to ditch the orange jerseys for yellow ones the next few weeks. I am going to watch tonight just to see who is healthy enough to play.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we even have 12 forwards healthy to play tonight. I don't recall a team being hit this hard by injuries. TK - Patrick - Lindblom would form a good line of top 6 forwards. Laughton, Pitlick, Raffl could be a starting 4th line on most teams. 6 of the top 12 out and now Farabee suspended. They may have to ditch the orange jerseys for yellow ones the next few weeks. I am going to watch tonight just to see who is healthy enough to play.
We havent really had bad injuries in multiples for years so it was about to happen. We are supposed to be deep so we have to show it. Its now or never.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We havent really had bad injuries in multiples for years so it was about to happen. We are supposed to be deep so we have to show it. Its now or never.
No one is deep enough to lose 7 top 12 forwards.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is deep enough to lose 7 top 12 forwards.
You cant count Patrick because we never had him. Same goes for Laughton as he was injured for a long time while we were winning. Pitlick isnt that big of a deal. The big loss is TK and the Linblom thats really the production we are missing and im hoping Gee Jake and Couts pick up that slack starting tonight.