• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, JVR and Jake these days are our secondary scoring and we need them to come up big while our top scorers are out and become the primary scorers. i hope they can do it but im not sure they can.
In November a lot of posters on this board were saying how deep of a team we have. now is the time to prove it. Next couple of game will tell a lot.
Lack of any secondary scoring has been a huge issue here forever. Example, the Pens lost Malkin for a good clip and now Sid, why do they keep winning? Who else is a huge star on that team? Yet they keep winning because they have great blue collar guys and secondary scoring. We don't have that on any level. I would have loved three solid hard nosed players on short contracts versus Hayes and his contract. If he was so good why wouldn't he have signed for cheaper or less years with the Jets who are in a way better situation than the Flyers. It's because he was asking to much.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In November a lot of posters on this board were saying how deep of a team we have. now is the time to prove it. Next couple of game will tell a lot.

Agree with this. And just 10 days ago we were commenting on the depth and distribution of the scoring for which there was a love fest on this board -- without exception.

Flyers have a very friendly schedule between now and Dec 31st - relatively speaking. The character of the team will nr on full display. They are back to one scoring line, and they have to put up...... or go quietly into the night. Gut check time for "the core".... And AV plus Thierrien and Yeo will have to earn their pay... Flyers have been punched in the mouth, let's see the reaction and counter punch.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. And just 10 days ago we were commenting on the depth and distribution of the scoring for which there was a love fest on this board -- without exception.

Flyers have a very friendly schedule between now and Dec 31st - relatively speaking. The character of the team will nr on full display. They are back to one scoring line, and they have to put up...... or go quietly into the night. Gut check time for "the core".... And AV plus Thierrien and Yeo will have to earn their pay... Flyers have been punched in the mouth, let's see the reaction and counter punch.
Just out of curiosity, you say we are down to one scoring line, we have Coots, voracek, roo, Hayes, JVR, Frost, Farabee and that is only one scoring line? If that's the case then which 3 is it and what do you consider the others on my list?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, you say we are down to one scoring line, we have Coots, voracek, roo, Hayes, JVR, Frost, Farabee and that is only one scoring line? If that's the case then which 3 is it and what do you consider the others on my list?

One scoring line - what line can force play and create high quality chances. It is Coots centering Giroux and Farabee.

Sadly Voracek and JVR are just too damn slow. JVR, outside of the somewhat lucky (soft Goal Tending) goal vs. the Wild, cannot create his own chances... that's why his "chances" plummeted on the 4th line - IMO. Voracek's circling the net with one arm holding off defensemen has seen it's better day. So how does a Hayes centered line drive play ? It ain't with Voracek and JVR.. so maybe its Hayes, Voracek, Frost(?) Doesn't exactly send chills down the spine of the competition.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure wish we had a 2nd and third round pick to maybe steal a half decent forward from someone. Oh that's right we cant do that because were in cap hell because almost 4 million is being taken up that clown Braun.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One scoring line - what line can force play and create high quality chances. It is Coots centering Giroux and Farabee.

Sadly Voracek and JVR are just too damn slow. JVR, outside of the somewhat lucky (soft Goal Tending) goal vs. the Wild, cannot create his own chances... that's why his "chances" plummeted on the 4th line - IMO. Voracek's circling the net with one arm holding off defensemen has seen it's better day. So how does a Hayes centered line drive play ? It ain't with Voracek and JVR.. so maybe its Hayes, Voracek, Frost(?) Doesn't exactly send chills down the spine of the competition.
I appreciate your honesty, so basically beyond TK and Lindblom, we have a team of sometimes over achieving secondary line players. Hard to get excited for that. At least Hart and Frost seem to be a good start to a better future, time to drop all of the dead weight.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wish we had a 2nd and third round pick to maybe steal a half decent forward from someone. Oh that's right we cant do that because were in cap hell because almost 4 million is being taken up that clown Braun.
See and I'm probably the only one who agrees with you that keeping Gudas at that same price would have saved us picks. Gudas isn't a huge upgrade but he is def better than Braun! It's this stupid shit that keeps this team from seriously moving forward.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
163 pounds of him has more balls than 85% of the team. i wish Big Puss had his balls.
I agree again, but getting beat like a Pinata at a Cinco De Mayo celebration isn't good for his over all health lol. Also where was Stewart during that game?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree again, but getting beat like a Pinata at a Cinco De Mayo celebration isn't good for his over all health lol. Also where was Stewart during that game?
He just picked the wrong player to drop the gloves with. Foligno is a tough cookie.

Foligno 6'3" 224
Farabee 6' 163

Cant jump from feather weight to heavy weight yet. he will learn

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just picked the wrong player to drop the gloves with. Foligno is a tough cookie.

Foligno 6'3" 224
Farabee 6' 163

Cant jump from feather weight to heavy weight yet. he will learn
Yeah he could have excersized a little more sense there.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your honesty, so basically beyond TK and Lindblom, we have a team of sometimes over achieving secondary line players. Hard to get excited for that. At least Hart and Frost seem to be a good start to a better future, time to drop all of the dead weight.

You nailed my sentiment perfectly !

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you keep thinking this is an Av's vs Flyers thing is your lack of reading skills! But since you brought it up, the Av's lost both Landeskog and Rantinen for awhile, still won. Know why? It's called secondary scoring? You'll figure it out or you won't I guess.

Lol. My reading skills? Look at this post.

Part 1: This isn't an Avs thing.
Part 2: The Avs can win with injured players and the Flyers can't.
Part 3: It's not an Avs thing.

Come on man.