• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was again asked about juggling responsibilities and he turned the question on the reporter.

“How long have you been following me?” James said.

“Apparently not long enough,” the reporter said.

“Apparently not long enough, there goes your answer right there,” James said.

Maybe it was that. Or maybe, just maybe, James was setting the tone for a season filled with purpose and devoid of nonsense.

Maybe this was his message to those crazy young Lakers that the days of Twitter wars and dis tracks are done. Much like when he endorsed the Lakers’ acquisitions of those tough, crazy veterans, maybe this was his way of telling the city that he is here not on an entertainment vacation, but a basketball mission.

This would not be the first time this has happened in the history of Los Angeles free agents. Remember when Kirk Gibson reset the Dodgers clubhouse culture when he threw his eye-black tantrum in the spring of 1988? Maybe this is that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plaschke pissed him off? LOL....

Not worried, I'm certain he'll still bring it 100% on the court and not mail it in.

Of course Plaschke pissed him off. It's what Plaschke does (used to do it to Kobe all the time). He took over TJ Simers role when TJ left the Times. lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Plaschke pissed him off. It's what Plaschke does (used toi do it to Kobe all the time). He took over TJ Simers role when TJ left the Times. lol

Man, nobody can fill TJ Simers role.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw the press conference. If the presser "turned to dour" when the questions began, it was because they were trying to goad him into making declarations and/or questioning his motivations.

As @DJ pointed out (and you conveniently left out) he was being asked about his motivation being business over basketball and whether or not it was "championship or bust" this season.
"conveniently" left out?

how would i know? lol--- i just read the plashke article

how can i "conveniently" leave something out i dont even know?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would not be the first time this has happened in the history of Los Angeles free agents. Remember when Kirk Gibson reset the Dodgers clubhouse culture when he threw his eye-black tantrum in the spring of 1988? Maybe this is that.

lol

I remember that. Gibson was pissed. I remember hearing that and thinking "What an asshole".

Then I read his explanation and thought, "Okay, I can agree with that".

Reactions: DJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I didn't understand he people knocking the signing when it happened. That was one of the better adds after James.
i knocked it because

A. rondo is a pyscho path

and

B. he cant shoot- and LeBron thrives with players that can spread the floor

and

C. Rondo needs the ball in his hands- and if he has the ball in his hands- taht means LeBron doesnt- and id prefer LeBron- one of the best playmakers in the history of the league, have the ball in his hands.

A player that is a bad outside shooter and needs the ball in his hands to be effective seems like a bad fit with LeBron to me---- but we shall see how it works out. Season is almost here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"conveniently" left out?

how would i know? lol--- i just read the plashke article

how can i "conveniently" leave something out i dont even know?

And quoted only the part that fit the agenda you've had since Lebron left.

So yes, conveniently left out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that- but i think at some point or another- every single person here has acknowledged that part of LeBron''s motivation to come to LA was based on his business.

For LeBron to actually deny that is hilarious/a load of shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“My decision was based solely on my family and the Lakers,”

just wondering if anyone in the audience at that press conference actually believed this? If I was a reporter I would have been incredulous as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just strange to me.

Going to Miami they had the insane celebration on stage with his best buds Wade and Bosh, smoke machines etc. - "Not one, not two, not three....etc."

Coming back to Cleveland it was a huge freaking event and an absolute circus- the event at UA- a stadium full of fans- it was a huge celebration.

Media day in LA he looks ornery, pissed off and combative with the reporters in a press conference that lasts 12 minutes where he says basically admits a championship at this point is not realistic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“My decision was based solely on my family and the Lakers,”

just wondering if anyone in the audience at that press conference actually believed this? If I was a reporter I would have been incredulous as well.

You're hilarious with your hypocrisy.

During all of the speculation about Lebron possibly coming to the Lakers, you posted ad nauseum about how he doesn't have to be in LA to take care of his businesses in LA.

Then, when he actually comes to LA, you say, it's all about his businesses and not basketball.

I have no doubt that at least part of it has to do with setting himself up after basketball. He's 33, about to start his 16th year and is a helluva lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. So of course life after basketball played a role.

I don't believe that his business interests had nothing to do with it as he tried to claim, if nothing else, being in LA makes things easier for him in that regard.

But I do believe that his families wishes and the Lakers were the main factors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're hilarious with your hypocrisy.

During all of the speculation about Lebron possibly coming to the Lakers, you posted ad nauseum about how he doesn't have to be in LA to take care of his businesses in LA.

Then, when he actually comes to LA, you say, it's all about his businesses and not basketball.

I have no doubt that at least part of it has to do with setting himself up after basketball. He's 33, about to start his 16th year and is a helluva lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. So of course life after basketball played a role.

I don't believe that his business interests had nothing to do with it as he tried to claim, if nothing else, being in LA makes things easier for him in that regard.

But I do believe that his families wishes and the Lakers were the main factors.
what a minute

are you seriously saying that you think that his business decisions had nothing to do with him coming to LA?

really?

really? lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just strange to me.

Going to Miami they had the insane celebration on stage with his best buds Wade and Bosh, smoke machines etc. - "Not one, not two, not three....etc."

Coming back to Cleveland it was a huge freaking event and an absolute circus- the event at UA- a stadium full of fans- it was a huge celebration.

Media day in LA he looks ornery, pissed off and combative with the reporters in a press conference that lasts 12 minutes where he says basically admits a championship at this point is not realistic.

Not strange at all.

When he went to Miami, he went to a team that automatically became the favorite to win a title.

When he returned to Cleveland, he was going to a team that became, at the least, the prohibitive favorite to come out of the East.

With the Lakers, he's coming to a team that, as he said, has a lot of work to do. I would be more concerned if it wasn't more of a business like approach on his part.

Also, compared to Miami and Cleveland, the LA press is pretty jaded and less likely to be "impressed", so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.