• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a minute

are you seriously saying that you think that his business decisions had nothing to do with him coming to LA?

really?

really? lol

I have no doubt that at least part of it has to do with setting himself up after basketball. He's 33, about to start his 16th year and is a helluva lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. So of course life after basketball played a role.

I don't believe that his business interests had nothing to do with it as he tried to claim, if nothing else, being in LA makes things easier for him in that regard.

Are you having trouble with your reading and comprehension skills again?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not strange at all.

When he went to Miami, he went to a team that automatically became the favorite to win a title.

When he returned to Cleveland, he was going to a team that became, at the least, the prohibitive favorite to come out of the East.

With the Lakers, he's coming to a team that, as he said, has a lot of work to do. I would be more concerned if it wasn't more of a business like approach on his part.

Also, compared to Miami and Cleveland, the LA press is pretty jaded and less likely to be "impressed", so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.
i think it was strange that hte last two times he switched teams he seemed geniunely happy and excited and this time he seemed like he couldnt wait to get the hell outta there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was strange that hte last two times he switched teams he seemed geniunely happy and excited and this time he seemed like he couldnt wait to get the hell outta there.

The LA press can be absolute assholes and very tiring to deal with. He's used to Miami and Cleveland.

The LA press, at one time or another, has gotten under the skin of just about every superstar that has ever played for any LA team.

About the only superstar that I can't remember them getting under his skin is Magic. It probably has happened with him too, but I just don't remember it.

They used to piss off Kobe pretty regularly. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LA press can be absolute assholes and very tiring to deal with. He's used to Miami and Cleveland.

The LA press, at one time or another, has gotten under the skin of just about every superstar that has ever played for any LA team.

About the only superstar that I can't remember them getting under his skin is Magic. It probably has happened with him too, but I just don't remember it.

you think they were assholes in that press conference?

like Plaschke said- i think its a totally fair question to ask a guy about his business stuff and how it affected his decision when he has "10 projects" in the works, and at least a few that have been announced since he signed there, like Space Jam 2, etc.

I guess i fail to see how, what I thought, and what I think most people thought, were very fair questions, make them to be "assholes".

i think you could tell LeBron hated the questions and was sensitive to them- but that doesnt change the fact that they were very fair and totally obvious questions to ask.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about Waiters is he is still on schedule. The James Johnson thing came out of nowhere. Waiters was told he would be out 8-10 months and I believe October is the 10th month but his ass better play 65+ games this year.

He won't. But I agree.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

Kings trying to help facilitate a Butler deal.

Do you need a Sf or a Center more?

Is Bagley the starting 3?
It sucks thinking of using that cap space on wasted roster spots, but I'm not expecting the Kings to get any top FA's in 2019 no matter how much cap space they have so if they can use it to get a draft pick and/or young player it makes sense. They have Bagley, Giles, WCS, and Skal so center should be taken care of. At SF Justin Jackson could become decent and Bogi can play there, but it's the spot that needs an upgrade most imo. Having a 1st round draft pick in 2019 would be nice and one that could be good.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

Press in LA, NY, Boston and Chicago are all pretty bad.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's spin now:

"LeBron didn't want to go to the Lakers but his agent convinced him to for business purposes....that's why he looked so unhappy at the press conference."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think they were assholes in that press conference?

like Plaschke said- i think its a totally fair question to ask a guy about his business stuff and how it affected his decision when he has "10 projects" in the works, and at least a few that have been announced since he signed there, like Space Jam 2, etc.

I guess i fail to see how, what I thought, and what I think most people thought, were very fair questions, make them to be "assholes".

i think you could tell LeBron hated the questions and was sensitive to them- but that doesnt change the fact that they were very fair and totally obvious questions to ask.

You haven't watched the LA press do their thing for decades.

Also, just because the author of the article and you think it's a fair question, doesn't make it so.

What did you think Plaschke was going to say..."I tried to piss him off by asking an unfair question"?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list is so shitty lol

It's an absolutely terrible list.

No disrespect to the current Warriors championship teams, but they don't hold a candle to the 90s Bulls, 80's Lakers and Celtics or (in my own opinion) the early 2000s Lakers and Spurs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched the LA press do their thing for decades.

Also, just because the author of the article and you think it's a fair question, doesn't make it so.

What did you think Plaschke was going to say..."I tried to piss him off by asking an unfair question"?
do you think it was unfair to ask him about his business opportunities that he has engaged with since signing with LA?

I cant possibly think you do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks- sounds like Nick Bosa is going to miss a good amount of the season for the Buckeyes- probably/maybe even the Michigan game.
OSU's Bosa out several games, including Penn St.

@trojanfan12 how the hell did the Trojans get their ass whooped by Texas? That surprised me.

At least they arent as bad as Florida State. YIKES.

At least Stanford making their comeback kept the Pac 12's hopes alive for their first CFP team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's spin now:

"LeBron didn't want to go to the Lakers but his agent convinced him to for business purposes....that's why he looked so unhappy at the press conference."
when did i say that?

i said he looked pissed off and didnt want to be there at his press conference which is what plenty of other people have said as well- especially when you contrast it with the press conferences in Cleveland and Miami where he looked positively exuberant.

you could tell he did not like being asked about his business opportunities and the myriad of things that have his attention off the court. I think he can already tell they will be used against him if he does not meet certain peoples expectations- whether fairly or unfairly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks thinking of using that cap space on wasted roster spots, but I'm not expecting the Kings to get any top FA's in 2019 no matter how much cap space they have so if they can use it to get a draft pick and/or young player it makes sense. They have Bagley, Giles, WCS, and Skal so center should be taken care of. At SF Justin Jackson could become decent and Bogi can play there, but it's the spot that needs an upgrade most imo. Having a 1st round draft pick in 2019 would be nice and one that could be good.
the ridiculous thing is they dont have hteir pick this year because they wanted to create cap room

now they are doing an about face and trying to give away cap room for draft picks

wtf.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it a fair criticism of LeBron to call him out for all the things he is doing off the court if he does not perform on it?

I absolutely think so---- now- there is nothing that makes me think from LeBrons past that his business opportunities will effect his on the court play- they never have in the past- but he has never had this level of stuff going on outside of basketball in his career- and its at a time where the vast majority of players start to decline.

Unfortunately for LeBron- if he struggles- plenty of media outlets will say that his focus is not where it should be- which is no the court--- whether that is unfair or fair- we shall see.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think it was unfair to ask him about his business opportunities that he has engaged with since signing with LA?

I cant possibly think you do.

His business opportunities have already been covered and he was there to talk about the upcoming season. It was kind of the point of media day.

So yes, in that setting, it was a question that shouldn't have been asked because it didn't need to be. Plaschke, or anyone else, could have looked to get a 1 on 1 interview with him for other questions.

He's had businesses in LA for years and even the movie project discussion was started 4 years ago. Now he's suddenly moving to LA just for business purposes.

Just because the questions feed your agenda, doesn't mean they were appropriate for a media day.

Not surprising that you can't see that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how, after many years of ass-kissing, Wiggy is now trying to bring lebron down.

He hasn't even played a single game yet and now all of a sudden he's like "Lebron is unhappy with the Lakers"

:pound:You can't make this shit up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 how the hell did the Trojans get their ass whooped by Texas? That surprised me.

Our o-line isn't very good. The game was pretty much played in our offenses backfield. We have a true freshman QB and without a solid o-line, he sometimes looks like a true freshman. Also, our OC is trying to force balance in his play calling rather than letting it occur naturally. End result is...we have trouble getting into a rhythm on offense.

The defense was playing pretty well for much of the game, but the constant 3 and outs from the offense wore them down.

I think Helton is a good coach who has done a nice job of stabilizing the program after The Petulant Child (Kiffin) and The Drunk Fratboy (Sark).

My concern with him is that I think he may be "too nice" and "too loyal" to his assistants. USC has been known for dominant o-lines for decades and we haven't seen that for about 5 years.

I think that after the season, the o-line coach needs to be replaced and it's looking like the OC job may be too big for Tee Martin. My concern is that Helton won't be able to bring himself to pull the trigger and cut one of both of them loose.

In that regard, he could use a little Kiffin in him. After all, Kiffin fired his own Dad. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks- sounds like Nick Bosa is going to miss a good amount of the season for the Buckeyes- probably/maybe even the Michigan game.
OSU's Bosa out several games, including Penn St.

At least they arent as bad as Florida State. YIKES.

At least Stanford making their comeback kept the Pac 12's hopes alive for their first CFP team.

You get banned from the college football forums or something or are you just lost?