• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe....

I mean, he's about as good as Harrison Barnes who got 4/94.

He put up 19 and 6.

Gordon has a higher ceiling. But, he's less likely to ever reach it.

He's only 22 though.....
and thats the biggest problem in the NBA right now. Players can max out at to young an age.

Teams are handcuffed to early and more than 50% of these deals end up being bad deals

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a certain top % should be capable of these deals and after at least 7 -8 years in the NBA

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree they don't HAVE to.

But, small market teams have gotten themselves in trouble using that tactic before.

* see Kevin Love in Minny

Orlando is a team that has to develop their own talent or overpay for 2nd tier guys.

Kevin Love came into the league already with real NBA skills (3pt, rebounding). What is Gordon, other than an athlete? I admit I have seen very little Magic basketball, so has he really developed? Sure, he's fun in a dunk contest, but has he become much more than that?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love came into the league already with real NBA skills (3pt, rebounding). What is Gordon, other than an athlete? I admit I have seen very little Magic basketball, so has he really developed? Sure, he's fun in a dunk contest, but has he become much more than that?
Not even a little bit...lol

Seriously, he's gotten a tad better. But, not as much as he should've....imo

He hasn't been particularly healthy so far either.

But, this is not the Lakers.

Orlando can't just say " let's let this guy walk and sign his replacement ".

Disneyworld is much less of a free agent destination attraction than the surrounding cities of Disneyland.

I'm being Orlando Magic specific here.

He's a max guy for THEM.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the games I've seen him play this year, he's done really well with his mid-range and his 3 point shot. He's been improving every year on that. I don't think he's worthy of a max, but he could still be a really good player. Personally I'd rather have Juilus Randle over Gordon because I think Randle's skillset can be better used. Gordon's a bit all over the place.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a little bit...lol

Seriously, he's gotten a tad better. But, not as much as he should've....imo

He hasn't been particularly healthy so far either.

But, this is not the Lakers.

Orlando can't just say " let's let this guy walk and sign his replacement ".

Disneyworld is much less of a free agent destination attraction than the surrounding cities of Disneyland.

I'm being Orlando Magic specific here.

He's a max guy for THEM.

That's a pretty sad state of affairs. With the tax benefits of Florida, they should be able to draw better. Time to flush the front office...or did they do that recently? Orlando is so off the NBA map these days, I miss any news about them...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty sad state of affairs. With the tax benefits of Florida, they should be able to draw better. Time to flush the front office...or did they do that recently? Orlando is so off the NBA map these days, I miss any news about them...
Yeah, they fired the GM.

He Fucked them sidewayz with that Biyombo signing.

He drafted Gordon #4.

Gave up Saric a #1 and 2 pick for Payton.

Traded Oladipo for a few months of Serge Ibaka.

....and gave Biyombo 4/72.

:dhd:

Last edited:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. If you ever talked shit about the players being friends these days or loved how 90's ball had shit talkers and instigators, he's a throwback to that. Draymond goes at everyone.
His comments about TT trying to shake his hand after the series & what he said to him was epic. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith and his wife just had their 3rd girl and named her Denver. The team he played his best basketball of his career for.

#Staywoke
WHAT? Wasn't his wife just pregnant with their daughter that was born too early like less than a year ago?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to the players themselves there isn't. As for "get in the gym". It's the off-season, there's down time. They're not going to be in the gym 24/7.
If they want to be "great" they will stay in the gym.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you, but I'm not even that old and now a days when I see a group of teenagers or college kids acting like idiots it irritates the hell out of me. Yes I know I was one of those assholes myself, but now I can't stand them. I used to have subs in my car and blasted that shit at 1 am through the residential streets, and now when I see guys doing that I'm thinking "fuck those guys".

Well that's how I envision a mental imagery of Lebron seeing this young Lakers squad. He can probably get over this particular incident because really it's not that big of a deal, but its' also a reminder for him what kind of dumb shit he's going to have to deal with from guys who may not be emotionally mature. That's not to say they're not talented, but having to deal with that for 9 months out of the year might not be something he wants to deal with.
To your point, it could eventually spill over & impact their game - hence the JR situation. It doesn't take much to lose focus & with social media these days there are plenty of options.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Lakers get Leonard and James, how many Warriors fans will remember they are actually a Lakers fan?
If LBJ goes to the Lakers I will turn in my LAL fan card.