• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder if LA highlights his play and then trades his butt off somewhere. we will see
I doubt it - LeBron will sell out the Staple Center every night even if they are losing - that's why the kept Kobe - Kobe made them money in the rebuilding process

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. But you have to remember that, since he wasn't even practicing with the team, his contract literally had zero value.

Now, as an expiring contract, it does. As Wiggy pointed out though, it will probably take a couple of assets to get it done.

Assuming that's true, it may come down to what assets they have to attach.
I think that the Lakers can buy out Deng's contact later in the season - and everything paid in the buy will count towards the salary for this season. Once the buyout is completed, then they won't have to lose anything.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense of humor about your team huh? And no dumb-dumb, those are Luke Walton's balls.
Hey lighten up - I was just kidding - I thought perhaps they are playing each other's balls or yours:pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Lakers can buy out Deng's contact later in the season - and everything paid in the buy will count towards the salary for this season. Once the buyout is completed, then they won't have to lose anything.
Wrong.

Buyout of a player has to be with 1 season or less left on the contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people can say what they want to about LeBron.

At times he can be a passive aggressive prick. At times he can piss and moan. At times he can be a real pain in the ass.

But the truth of the matter is that he is by far the most valuable player in the league. He is a great leader. He has never gotten into trouble. He has never embarrassed himself or his family (well besides The Decision- and Quitting in Game 5, lol).

He has been amazing for the community. He is generous and actually does want to make a difference rather than just doing stuff for the attention.

Its hard to imagine that we will ever see a guy with the combination of talent, work ethic, business acumen, and generosity of spirit, that King James exhibits.

having said that- fuck him i hope he loses every game this year ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Wiggy comment.

:lol:
I saw Kobe asking why the fuck they drafted Ball over Tatum.....lol.

Now THAT would be a scary guy to have developing along side the King.....instead you have a poor-mans Ricky Rubio and a poor man's DeMar DeRozan and a poor man's Thad Young (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma respectively). I might be a dick, but tell me I am wrong @Mecca

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now THAT would be a scary guy to have developing along side the King.....instead you have a poor-mans Ricky Rubio and a poor man's DeMar DeRozan and a poor man's Thad Young (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma respectively). I might be a dick, but tell me I am wrong @Mecca
So Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball CAN'T DEVELOP playing with 1 of the best players ever?

:pound:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You aren't necessarily.

Your comparisons could actually be spot on.

I think that's the median for those guys.

Here is how I see their ceilings and floors:

Ball- Kidd/MCW

Kuzma - Horry/Ceballos

* would have said Beasley. But, everyone knows he can't hold Da Beas Jock *

Ingram- KD But, I think he will be closer to Batum/ Ingles.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spotrac is much more accurate than HoopsHype

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-19 Salary Cap

Lakers are at approx $106.5M for '18/'19

Without taking into account cap holds, Lakers are on the hook for ~ 79.6M next year, leaving about 29.4m. They can free up another 12.5M by stretching Deng next summer. All of this assumes they pick up options on Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Svi and doesn't retain KCP, Rondo, Lance, Beasley, McGee, or Zubac.
I thought Hoops was off, but the one thing about Deng is that the Lakers Might be able to move him next summer with a trade exception and some draft picks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

You should really check out LeBron's interview with Rachel Nichols if you haven't already.

Pretty awesome stuff.

Reactions: DJ