• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still holding out hope for a LTD though. Love Kirk, but my stance remains the same. Under no circumstances do I tag Kirk and keep him. LTD or tag and trade. This ordeal has run it's course imo.

If we do a tag and trade, I will go on record as saying I dont think we get a 1st rounder for him. No team is going to deal for him without a long term deal in place. No team is going to make him an offer if they think the Skins would be even tempted to match it.

Much like Champ Bailey, the Skins have passively made it known that they probably dont want to Keep Cousins, thus lowering his trade value. Elway is a very smart GM. If he targets Cousins, he will try and talk Bruce down to a 2nd and 3rd rounder or tell Bruce to enjoy paying Cousins $35M for a one year rental. Most of the team that WOULD pony up the money AND the trade capitol, are probably places Kirk wont entertain.

They have screwed this all the way around unless they come out and sign Cousins long term basically admitting they were wrong.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going over the roster, I just don't see how they can afford to tag Kirk again and keep any semblance of a team.

Actually if they REALLY want to keep Kirk, restructure the following players

Norman
Trent
Kerigan
MOrgan
Davis
Reed (?)

I put reed as a question because Im not sure I want to push money into 2019 on an injury prone player.

But the top five would add another $25M or so to the 2018 cap, lower the cap space in 2019 to around $40M after we have signed Cousins long term.

BUt with $50M in cap space in 2018 and $40M in 2019... what else are we going to spend big money on if we already have the QB on a long term deal??

See people saying there is no wa we can sign Kirk and field a team are basically trying to use the cap as an excuse to not keep Cousins. My point being if they want to keep him, they very much can.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring keeping Kirk on a Tag and fielding a competitive roster. I don't think you can do both. Now, if we somehow get Kirk on a LTD, all is right in the world and we are ready to roll. I never took into account restructuring. You are much better at the cap than me. Do you really do this dance for another year with Kirk? Kirk runs the risk of losing the locker room if he gets a fair offer and decides to come back on a 34m tag, while our own fa's are somewhat forced to look elsewhere for employment and we cannot be players in free agency.

Telling guys like Josh, Trent, and RK to restructure so Kirk can get his 34 and walk next year would be a tough sell imo and might not go over well in the clubhouse.

This has to be it. Are we getting married or not? Yes, Bruce needs to go to Jared's and not Zales, but this needs to end now. jmo

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do a tag and trade, I will go on record as saying I dont think we get a 1st rounder for him. No team is going to deal for him without a long term deal in place. No team is going to make him an offer if they think the Skins would be even tempted to match it.

Much like Champ Bailey, the Skins have passively made it known that they probably dont want to Keep Cousins, thus lowering his trade value. Elway is a very smart GM. If he targets Cousins, he will try and talk Bruce down to a 2nd and 3rd rounder or tell Bruce to enjoy paying Cousins $35M for a one year rental. Most of the team that WOULD pony up the money AND the trade capitol, are probably places Kirk wont entertain.

They have screwed this all the way around unless they come out and sign Cousins long term basically admitting they were wrong.

I agree. I think the only reason we might get a 1st is because you might have other teams bidding. Arizona, jets, Steelers, Jags.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two out of three ain't band. Tandler and JP don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

I will admit and shark has been saying this since The old Wye Oak was a sapling. Jackson is a Danny type move. I will not be behind (not that it matters) and will move to make believe Missouri with a sign that says "Show Me." That would also mean I most likely buy the NFL package next year so I can watch teams that don't suck as much as the Redskins.

meme of sinking titanic - Google Search:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring keeping Kirk on a Tag and fielding a competitive roster. I don't think you can do both. Now, if we somehow get Kirk on a LTD, all is right in the world and we are ready to roll. I never took into account restructuring. You are much better at the cap than me. Do you really do this dance for another year with Kirk? Kirk runs the risk of losing the locker room if he gets a fair offer and decides to come back on a 34m tag, while our own fa's are somewhat forced to look elsewhere for employment and we cannot be players in free agency.

Telling guys like Josh, Trent, and RK to restructure so Kirk can get his 34 and walk next year would be a tough sell imo and might not go over well in the clubhouse.

This has to be it. Are we getting married or not? Yes, Bruce needs to go to Jared's and not Zales, but this needs to end now. jmo

YOu cant make a player restructure. You can ask, and make it worth his while. And trust me these guys WANT to see Kirk get paid. Because as QB salaries rise, so do other positions. If Kirk sucked, I could see guys wanting him gone. If Kirk was a teachers pet, I could also see that.

From a locker room standpoint most of them are probably watching to see what Bruce does because he has shown a tendency to ditch players he didnt draft in favor of free agents. I doubt it goes unnoticed that Shanahan picks (Baker) didnt even get a legit offer, but Bruce picks ( Moses) got paid.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bruce lowballs Kirk again.........I wouldn't even k ow what to say. I honestly believe Kirk is a year or two away and a couple of more weapons away from being a top 4 or 5 Qb.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "Da'Ron Payne || "Relentless Lineman" || Sophomore Highlights || 2016" on YouTube

Campbell who has been the most accurate mock draft 3 years running has us currently taking Payne in the draft. After yeserday we will probably be picking 15th with a win over NY. Anyways, putting this guy next to Allen could change the defense.

i really like this guy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lets actually offer him a fair deal first . so far they havent come close . you wouldnt restructure guys unless a long term deal is the reason why

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne next to Allen again. I could live with that.
Allen
Payne
Ioannidis

Passing Downs
Kerrigan
Allen
Payne
Galette/Smith/Murphy

Some will say you don't invest a 1st in a nose, but as shown, Payne would not come off the field with the way we run our defense. Mocks will change but scouts say Allen, Williams, and R. Anderson got home at the rate they did because of Payne.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 12.25.17 mock with Kirk on a LTD

1. Da'Ron Payne NT Alabama
2. Darrius Guice RB LSU
3. Dante Pettis WR/PR Washington
4. Armani Watts FS/SS Texas A&M

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "The Most Motivated Player In College Football | Derrius Guice LSU Highlights ᴴᴰ" on YouTube

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "Dante Pettis | All 9 Career Punt Return Touchdowns (NCAA Record)" on YouTube

Watch "Dante Pettis Highlights |Washington Wide Receiver| "I promise to be great" ᴴ ᴰ" on YouTube

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "Armani Watts Ultimate Highlight Video ᴴᴰ" on YouTube

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to start thinking about rb rashad Penny with ore first pick also @Sharkinva i hear cap could go up 11 mill this year that would be huge for us

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to start thinking about rb rashad Penny with ore first pick also @Sharkinva i hear cap could go up 11 mill this year that would be huge for us

Coach, IM already figuring a cap of $178 when I factor in if we can afford to keep Kirk and under what situations (FT/TT/LTD)

Bottom line, if we sign him Long term, we can keep him, resign Brown and might be able to make a play for keeping Breeland.

If we have to FT him again... things get tight without a little creativity in other areas.

If we let him walk, we have $51M in cap space but no viable QB (McCoy is not an option) and if we are going to draft a QB, it means we are going to pass on young talent in other areas.

Cap wise we are not outstanding, but we are ok with or without Cousins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne next to Allen again. I could live with that.
Allen
Payne
Ioannidis

Passing Downs
Kerrigan
Allen
Payne
Galette/Smith/Murphy

Some will say you don't invest a 1st in a nose, but as shown, Payne would not come off the field with the way we run our defense. Mocks will change but scouts say Allen, Williams, and R. Anderson got home at the rate they did because of Payne.

Like it although I would still try to find opportunities to get Lanier into the mix at times.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it although I would still try to find opportunities to get Lanier into the mix at times.
i think in the 3-4 you need 6 good young d/lineman to rotate . now reality is you would be lucky to get 4 lanier is growing every game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Lanier II is the reason McGee gets cut. Cap hit, but we save 3 mil.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lanier II is the reason McGee gets cut. Cap hit, but we save 3 mil.

I dont know about that. Bruce has shown dogged loyalty to guys he either drafted or signed as free agents.

McGee gets another year unless he just flat out sucks.