• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Early 53 Man Roster Projection

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a pretty good understanding of this roster up until now.

Adeniyi is heading to IR (6 week version apparently). Berhe was brought back, filling his slot giving them 6 S but only 3 OLB...why expose Adams via the PS? Was Marcus Allen THAT impressive? I guess they truly do feel Thomas can play some edge, or pull Huguenin up.

As of today, no Bell at practice...just cements my thinking of starting Connor this week.

Dobbs is QB2...apparently.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adeniyi is heading to IR (6 week version apparently). Berhe was brought back, filling his slot giving them 6 S but only 3 OLB...why expose Adams via the PS? Was Marcus Allen THAT impressive? I guess they truly do feel Thomas can play some edge, or pull Huguenin up.

As of today, no Bell at practice...just cements my thinking of starting Connor this week.

Wondering if the 6 S's & 3 OLBs is a tip of the cap to the long-rumored sub-packages that Butler has been toying with. We'll probably see more ILB's than OLB's in those situations.

I hope if Bell returns they bench his ass.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do we think hes dumb enough to hold out

:duck:

I don't think he could get much dumber.....but I could see him doing it.
He's already hurt his value about as much as he's gonna hurt it.....because he's such a team guy.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wondering if the 6 S's & 3 OLBs is a tip of the cap to the long-rumored sub-packages that Butler has been toying with. We'll probably see more ILB's than OLB's in those situations.

I hope if Bell returns they bench his ass.

WTF guys.....neither of you have put dirty Laundry Jones on your 53 man roster......

Wait, that's right Tomlin spit him out like Jones did Tomlin's last blow job........

:pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:duck:

I don't think he could get much dumber.....but I could see him doing it.
He's already hurt his value about as much as he's gonna hurt it.....because he's such a team guy.
I agree. I’m over it. If he wants to contribute then i’d welcome it, but the bus has left the station already and they are prepared for football without him. This team is built to go the distance with or without his presence.

He’s going to take a while to get back into the swing of things once he reports. I just hope they don’t give him the kid gloves treatment.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I’m over it. If he wants to contribute then i’d welcome it, but the bus has left the station already and they are prepared for football without him. This team is built to go the distance with or without his presence.

He’s going to take a while to get back into the swing of things once he reports. I just hope they don’t give him the kid gloves treatment.

It would really suck if they just let him walk on the field this weekend and assume his role like he's been there with the rest of the team.....

Not that I have much respect for Tomlin to begin with, but a dick move like that will put the respect damn near in the red!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would really suck if they just let him walk on the field this weekend and assume his role like he's been there with the rest of the team.....

Not that I have much respect for Tomlin to begin with, but a dick move like that will put the respect damn near in the red!!!!

That would suck, and I think he's lose some respect in that locker room too...everyone knows that Bell is the RB1, but the guys that were there all camp busting their asses in the heat with their teammates deserve to play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting to hear the OL quotes...Pouncey gave a rather weak statement imo...saying he'd be there on Wed and he'll be fine just like last year. Whereas Foster said we're getting ready for a game and paying attention to the guys that are here...can't worry about another player's money.

Paraphrasing both players, but interesting contrast...sounds like Foster has had enough of Bell's contract BS too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they were somewhere north of $4.5m in space. They just effectively doubled it. That isn't a necessity... That is a precursor to something they are trying to do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they were somewhere north of $4.5m in space. They just effectively doubled it. That isn't a necessity... That is a precursor to something they are trying to do.

I know...even with the versatility of Thomas, this regime wouldn't go into the season with just 3 healthy OLBs for the 1st six weeks...would they?

John Simon is a name I've heard...(hope I'm wrong, looks like purely a depth guy).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know...even with the versatility of Thomas, this regime wouldn't go into the season with just 3 healthy OLBs for the 1st six weeks...would they?

John Simon is a name I've heard...(hope I'm wrong, looks like purely a depth guy).
Heard his name a few times. And Nate Orchard

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard his name a few times. And Nate Orchard
1st I've head of Orchard, but I remember him from one of our drafts...not that I've heard his name, but also another kid from this year's draft I liked, went to DEN and he was an odd man out...Auburn kid, name escapes me right now....Holland maybe.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st I've head of Orchard, but I remember him from one of our drafts...not that I've heard his name, but also another kid from this year's draft I liked, went to DEN and he was an odd man out...Auburn kid, name escapes me right now....Holland maybe.
Good memory. Orchard was indeed a prospect we had interest in towards the 2nd & 3rd rounds that year. Failed to make his mark in Cleveland. That alone doesn't excite me about him lol. Garrett & Ogbah are solid duo though, so he may have just been the odd man out.

Holland... Yep that was the guy. Better stats than Lawson his senior year. Surprised he didn't stick with DEN, but then again they are loaded outside. Honestly surprised that DEN didn't try to trade Shane Ray or Shaq Barrett once they drafted Chubb.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward got restructured.

Steelers have 12 million in cap space right now.

Extension for someone, or going shopping?

Seems like an edge guy is a priority, but who knows?

I think we can say for certain that it has nothing to do with Bell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking in-house at possible contracts with the recent cap moves:

Extension candidates:

Roethlisberger
Hilton
Finney
Foster

Other notable 2019 FA's:
Bell
Shazier
James
Alualu
Chickillo
Walton
Feiler
Sensabaugh
Heyward-Bey
Berry
Hunter
Grimble
Ridley
Berhe
Rogers

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 million is a lot of space to make for someone you can pick up off the street for depth. Simon or Orchard? They won't eat that much of the 12 million in space.

There is either a significant trade in the works, or an extension for someone on the roster.

An extension for Ben would bring his cap hit down, if anything. His hit is nuts this year. More than 23 million. Don't need to make space to extend him.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to hear the OL quotes...Pouncey gave a rather weak statement imo...saying he'd be there on Wed and he'll be fine just like last year. Whereas Foster said we're getting ready for a game and paying attention to the guys that are here...can't worry about another player's money.

Paraphrasing both players, but interesting contrast...sounds like Foster has had enough of Bell's contract BS too.

Pouncey???? Come on ATL...

I'LL just leave this here to show Pouncey's character.......

th.jpeg