• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Early 53 Man Roster Projection

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really rooting for Bucky Hodges to make this team. Grimble's hand is probably not going to be ready week 1, and if I'm being honest with myself he's easily replaceable.

Hodges has shown plenty in limited action. He has great hands, solid speed, and he's a good blocker.
Found a college highlight reel for those that want some media material:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up Mark.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found a college highlight reel for those that want some media material:

There is a lot of chatter about him making it as the "54th" player until Bell's situation get sorted out. IDK how long they have with the 54th roster spot.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally there is a god.

Landry Jones and Fitz Toussaint are gone!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up Mark.

Quick, get Mark madden in the house!!!!!!
I'll personally shove a cactus up his ass for being the world's longest dick!!!!!
Yesterday he was on Twitter telling people how what happened to dirty Laundry wasnt fair.....
I mean is his fat ass for real????

Last edited:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick, get Mark madden in the house!!!!!!
I'll personally shove a cactus up his ass for being the world's longest dick!!!!!
Yesterday he was on Twitter telling people how what happened to dirty Laundry wasnt fair.....
I mean is his fat ass for real????
Give me a break, not fair??? Madden is also the world’s largest horse’s ass!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break, not fair??? Madden is also the world’s largest horse’s ass!!!

He seems to be the foremost expert on fair.....

I mean some talentless fat fuck like him it's given money for his worthless opinion, while you and I struggle in the rat race of life..... so yea, his self entitled fat ass knows what fair is......:L

I think I'm gonna troll the fuck out of him again today.....:dhd:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe it actually happened. I guarantee you Dobbs played his way onto the roster the other night. woo! The Front Office might actually know what they are doing for the future of this team!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on final 53.

QB...3, Landry Jones finally gone...bold move, but apparently they like the potential better than the experience. Didn't expect this, but I have to admit, I like it.

OL...9...Banner made it...Coach Munch gets another pupil to groom...they had to like him to go with 9.

RB...3, Ridley I think is keeping the RB3 slot warm for a few days...that job is destined for Samuels I think, but it could go the other way.

WR...6, no real surprises. Patterson gets released injured...Tevin Jones and Trey Griffey make the PS.

DL...6, McCullers earns another ride, Frazier comes up goose eggs.

OLB...4, I was surprised at the headcount, thought they would go with 5 or even 6. It does probably mean that Adeniyi's injury is not that serious. Adams goes to PS...I thought he would make it.

ILB...5, Fort made it.

CB...5, including Sensabaugh. I thought this might be a 6 man headcount with Brian Allen, who ends up on the PS.

S...5, Marcus Allen had to come on strong to stick...Berhe reportedly is coming back so we'll have to see how that shakes out.

A lot of people like Hooks...he's on the PS. Smart more to continue to develop OL...love the young UDFAs Adeniyi and Thomas...both diamonds in the rough I hope. I think we can expect the 53 to be a little different still when they take the field in CLE next week, but for now they are set.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on final 53.

QB...3, Landry Jones finally gone...bold move, but apparently they like the potential better than the experience. Didn't expect this, but I have to admit, I like it.

OL...9...Banner made it...Coach Munch gets another pupil to groom...they had to like him to go with 9.

RB...3, Ridley I think is keeping the RB3 slot warm for a few days...that job is destined for Samuels I think, but it could go the other way.

WR...6, no real surprises. Patterson gets released injured...Tevin Jones and Trey Griffey make the PS.

DL...6, McCullers earns another ride, Frazier comes up goose eggs.

OLB...4, I was surprised at the headcount, thought they would go with 5 or even 6. It does probably mean that Adeniyi's injury is not that serious. Adams goes to PS...I thought he would make it.

ILB...5, Fort made it.

CB...5, including Sensabaugh. I thought this might be a 6 man headcount with Brian Allen, who ends up on the PS.

S...5, Marcus Allen had to come on strong to stick...Berhe reportedly is coming back so we'll have to see how that shakes out.

A lot of people like Hooks...he's on the PS. Smart more to continue to develop OL...love the young UDFAs Adeniyi and Thomas...both diamonds in the rough I hope. I think we can expect the 53 to be a little different still when they take the field in CLE next week, but for now they are set.
All good points sir!

You’ll have to forgive me if I’m off base with anything since I’m up camping right now and not doing much research.

QBs... almost feels too good to be true? Somebody pinch me! I sure hope this is real. Experience be damned. The talent they have with both Dobbs & Rudolph is just absurdly good to pass up on. I’ll admit I’m apprehensive about gameplanning if Ben get injured, but we’ll have to wait & see what kind of OC Fichtner is. Will he adapt his plans around the talent like any good coordinator would do, or will he pull a Todd Haley and force the same game plan down a backup’s throat?

RB... No point in keeping Ridley. He’s as good as gone when Bell signs the tag. Samuels is a stud.

WR... Sad to see Patterson go but the cupboard is still ridiculously stocked. What happened to Rogers? Didn’t see his name on the cut list? Going to be fun to watch this group rise up to the challenge. Half the group has very little experience to their names. Jones & Griffey on the PS made sense. Was hoping Tucker would stick over Jones but his injury had very bad timing.

TE... still holding out hope that they hang up Grimble on IR and call Hodges up. Sure hope McDonald can stay healthy. If he rides the inactive list for more than a few games this year then i’d cut ties. The team isn’t benefitting from his presence if he’s never available.

O-line... surprise surprise Mr Banner. I liked what I saw in limited time during the preseason. Big man has the ability to move but I’m not sure he’s athletic enough to hold up against better competition. With enough time under Munch I will have faith. Feiler once again is the man of mystery. He’s the future reserve guy once Finney finds his starting position. Hopeful that is here.

D-Line... no surprises here. Mccullers proved himself worthy. Great to see a fire under his ass. Frazier didn’t even get the call to the PS. Waste of pick? Hooks is still a stud. Surprised he wasnt poached last year.

LB... Both Adams & Huguenin landing on the PS surprised me. I thought they would keep at least 5 OLBs. Glad they worked Williams & Thomas at OLB to see they have some flexibility if the emergencies happen. Great to see Adeniyi & Thomas onboard. Couldn’t hide their talent on PS. Great finds by the scouting staff.

DBs... not really surprised other than losing Berhe & keeping Dangerfield. Brian Allen looked pretty bad this offseason, but he still flashed his size & speed that many nfl teams like. Wouldn’t be surprised if he got poached. Supposedly Berhe is going to get the call once the IR-return guy gets designated. Sensabaugh lives to fight another day.

ST... disappointed we haven’t seen Berry released yet. They need to find a better punter. Shouldn’t be difficult.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points sir!

You’ll have to forgive me if I’m off base with anything since I’m up camping right now and not doing much research.

QBs... almost feels too good to be true? Somebody pinch me! I sure hope this is real. Experience be damned. The talent they have with both Dobbs & Rudolph is just absurdly good to pass up on. I’ll admit I’m apprehensive about gameplanning if Ben get injured, but we’ll have to wait & see what kind of OC Fichtner is. Will he adapt his plans around the talent like any good coordinator would do, or will he pull a Todd Haley and force the same game plan down a backup’s throat?

RB... No point in keeping Ridley. He’s as good as gone when Bell signs the tag. Samuels is a stud.

WR... Sad to see Patterson go but the cupboard is still ridiculously stocked. What happened to Rogers? Didn’t see his name on the cut list? Going to be fun to watch this group rise up to the challenge. Half the group has very little experience to their names. Jones & Griffey on the PS made sense. Was hoping Tucker would stick over Jones but his injury had very bad timing.

TE... still holding out hope that they hang up Grimble on IR and call Hodges up. Sure hope McDonald can stay healthy. If he rides the inactive list for more than a few games this year then i’d cut ties. The team isn’t benefitting from his presence if he’s never available.

O-line... surprise surprise Mr Banner. I liked what I saw in limited time during the preseason. Big man has the ability to move but I’m not sure he’s athletic enough to hold up against better competition. With enough time under Munch I will have faith. Feiler once again is the man of mystery. He’s the future reserve guy once Finney finds his starting position. Hopeful that is here.

D-Line... no surprises here. Mccullers proved himself worthy. Great to see a fire under his ass. Frazier didn’t even get the call to the PS. Waste of pick? Hooks is still a stud. Surprised he wasnt poached last year.

LB... Both Adams & Huguenin landing on the PS surprised me. I thought they would keep at least 5 OLBs. Glad they worked Williams & Thomas at OLB to see they have some flexibility if the emergencies happen. Great to see Adeniyi & Thomas onboard. Couldn’t hide their talent on PS. Great finds by the scouting staff.

DBs... not really surprised other than losing Berhe & keeping Dangerfield. Brian Allen looked pretty bad this offseason, but he still flashed his size & speed that many nfl teams like. Wouldn’t be surprised if he got poached. Supposedly Berhe is going to get the call once the IR-return guy gets designated. Sensabaugh lives to fight another day.

ST... disappointed we haven’t seen Berry released yet. They need to find a better punter. Shouldn’t be difficult.

Camping? Sounds like fun. I can imagine if you actually put some thought into this...lol...better than mine with a full hour of research...lol

ST...I missed this battle entirely...I guess Berry was the best of the lot, thought they brought in competition...hopefully Berry is better.

OLB...as you said, I think they felt good enough with Williams/Thomas off the edge in a pinch to go with only 4. I'm curious to see if they just run with Dupree and wait for the results. Is Chickillo the swing OLB? Or do they give Adeniyi a few snaps in passing situations...right now idt the depth chart reveals anything. Adams may be okay on PS, but interesting that they exposed him.

DL...if nothing else, Frazier lit the pilot under McCullers' ass...still not sure all 6 will get a helmet every week.

OL...I'm feeling more and more that Foster is the beginning of the OL turnover. Barring an injury, I think Finney will be the starting LG next season and Feiler's role will be more defined as the #1 interior reserve. I also expect to see a new RT after the '19 season.

CB...for the 1st time in a longtime I think the coaches feel they have a solid group of 5 and were okay exposing B. Allen. If Hilton is not ready to go, Sutton will slide into the slot and Sensabaugh becomes the CB4. If either of the outside guys go down, depth becomes an issue so this was a risky move imo.

WR...in general, this is a young group, they will need another Juju like rookie year from Washington. Rogers starts the season on the PUP list. Switzer bought them some time to work with there, but still unsure how much he will play in the slot.

S...some concern over Burnett's availability for week 1 so I think Marcus Allen was insurance and his play probably went noticed for teams looking for a S on cutdown day. Dangerfield kept a little more experience in the room...Berhe will be an interesting call...who goes when he returns?

QB...my apprehension is more short term because if Ben misses more than a few games it's going to be a hard road regardless of who they kept. If it comes to the QB2, I don't expect Randy to change much in the OFC (maybe safer throws) for Rudolph who I think will be the #2...if they need to play Dobbs, they will have some mobile pkg plays in there I think, (bootlegs, etc.) but no full blown read option.

This is still the best roster in the North, and one of the best in the AFC.