• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Early 53 Man Roster Projection

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Ben showin him support. Last couple camps he has been receiving rave reviews. Now that Marty B is gone, it's his time to shine. He & DHB could battle for reps all season long.

As we've been saying...if they keep Hunter, they need to use him.

If that article has any bearing, I think Hunter will get a small pkg of plays this season...maybe 2-3 targets a game even.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we've been saying...if they keep Hunter, they need to use him.

If that article has any bearing, I think Hunter will get a small pkg of plays this season...maybe 2-3 targets a game even.
You see the trade that just surfaced? Apparently Steelers traded with Oakland for WR Switzer. Return guy.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anything is gonna change for the roster in the last preseason game unless someone has a BLOWOUT game, which I don't think is gonna happen. Here are my final roster projections:

QB (3): Roethlisberger, Jones, Rudolph -- I think Dobbs is the odd guy out, drops to the practice squad, or maybe even trade bait for a team that doesn't have a great backup QB situation. As much as I'd love to see Jones out, I think the FO still really believe in him for some reason so I think Dobbs is the unlucky one.
RB (3): Bell, Conner, Samuels -- I think this is pretty self explanatory and set in stone at this point. I don't see Ridley or Toussaint overtaking Samuels for the final RB spot.
WR (6): Brown, Smith-Schuster, Washington, Hunter, Switzer, DHB -- I think Brown, Schuster, Washington and Hunter are locks. Switzer, in my opinion, should have the slot for our return man and DHB gets the final spot because noone else has really shown up during the preseason
TE (3): James, McDonald, Grimble -- Don't think there's much movement that can be made here. I don't think they will do 2 TEs either.
OL (9): Pouncey, Villanueva, Foster, Decastro, Gilbert, Feiler, Finney, Okorafor, Rodgers -- They could do 8 here for sure, but I think 9 should be the number. Need some depth just in case and I think Jake Rodgers is the better than Zach Banner right now. That's something that MIGHT change in the last game.
DL (6): Heyward, Hargrave, Tuitt, Alualu, Walton, McCullers -- I think this will be the lineup, although we got a decent option in Joshua Frazier from Alabama. He might take over the spot McCullers has but I doubt it. Maybe drop him to the PS to develop some more.
LB (8): Watt, Dupree, Williams, Bostic, Chickillo, Fort, Adeniyi, Matakevich -- Keion Adams is the guy out in my opinion. He's a great talent, but I think Adeniyi has had a really good preseason and I think he should get the spot over Adams. Wouldn't be surprised if Adams gets the spot over him though. Both are really good options and won't be mad with whoever gets the spot.
Secondary (10): Haden, Burns, Davis, Hilton, Burnett, Edmunds, Sutton, Sensabaugh, Dangerfield, Berhe -- I think there realistically 3 spots still unknown with 4 guys fighting for it. Sensabaugh, Dangerfield, Allen and Berhe and I think Allen gets the ax. He's struggled this preseason and maybe some time in the PS could do him some good instead of throwing him on the roster and learn while playing in actual games.
Special Teams (3): Boswell, Berry, Canaday -- No need for notes here. Pretty set in stone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see the trade that just surfaced? Apparently Steelers traded with Oakland for WR Switzer. Return guy.

Kozora: 53 Man Steelers Roster Prediction (Post Titans Game) - Steelers Depot

I think this version could change one more time, but for the most part this final preseason game.

Kozora doesn't see Patterson making it, but he does see Adams, Adeniyi, and Thomas making the final 53.

With the trade for Switzer and Ben's affinity to keep a tall but limited WR like Hunter it does make you think it will be tough to keep Patterson now.

AB, Juju, Washington, DHB, Switzer, Hunter is his projected 6 and it's hard to dispute it.

A few other interesting positions he's noted....RB...Samuels over Ridley or Toussiant

DL...McCullers takes the 6th spot, but I think this spot was won a while back.

LBs...9 instead of 10...only 4 ILBs

CB...6, Brian Allen clings again...most think Sutton has claimed CB4, but has Sensabaugh played well, is he trade bait?

S...5, Marcus Allen comes on strong after the injury....thought this might be 4.

Obviously not in stone, but there probably won't be a huge change from his projection this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anything is gonna change for the roster in the last preseason game unless someone has a BLOWOUT game, which I don't think is gonna happen. Here are my final roster projections:

QB (3): Roethlisberger, Jones, Rudolph -- I think Dobbs is the odd guy out, drops to the practice squad, or maybe even trade bait for a team that doesn't have a great backup QB situation. As much as I'd love to see Jones out, I think the FO still really believe in him for some reason so I think Dobbs is the unlucky one.
RB (3): Bell, Conner, Samuels -- I think this is pretty self explanatory and set in stone at this point. I don't see Ridley or Toussaint overtaking Samuels for the final RB spot.
WR (6): Brown, Smith-Schuster, Washington, Hunter, Switzer, DHB -- I think Brown, Schuster, Washington and Hunter are locks. Switzer, in my opinion, should have the slot for our return man and DHB gets the final spot because noone else has really shown up during the preseason
TE (3): James, McDonald, Grimble -- Don't think there's much movement that can be made here. I don't think they will do 2 TEs either.
OL (9): Pouncey, Villanueva, Foster, Decastro, Gilbert, Feiler, Finney, Okorafor, Rodgers -- They could do 8 here for sure, but I think 9 should be the number. Need some depth just in case and I think Jake Rodgers is the better than Zach Banner right now. That's something that MIGHT change in the last game.
DL (6): Heyward, Hargrave, Tuitt, Alualu, Walton, McCullers -- I think this will be the lineup, although we got a decent option in Joshua Frazier from Alabama. He might take over the spot McCullers has but I doubt it. Maybe drop him to the PS to develop some more.
LB (8): Watt, Dupree, Williams, Bostic, Chickillo, Fort, Adeniyi, Matakevich -- Keion Adams is the guy out in my opinion. He's a great talent, but I think Adeniyi has had a really good preseason and I think he should get the spot over Adams. Wouldn't be surprised if Adams gets the spot over him though. Both are really good options and won't be mad with whoever gets the spot.
Secondary (10): Haden, Burns, Davis, Hilton, Burnett, Edmunds, Sutton, Sensabaugh, Dangerfield, Berhe -- I think there realistically 3 spots still unknown with 4 guys fighting for it. Sensabaugh, Dangerfield, Allen and Berhe and I think Allen gets the ax. He's struggled this preseason and maybe some time in the PS could do him some good instead of throwing him on the roster and learn while playing in actual games.
Special Teams (3): Boswell, Berry, Canaday -- No need for notes here. Pretty set in stone.

Good work.

We'll have to see how it shakes out, but I'm thinking Adams and Adeniyi make it outside....inside Thomas has secured a spot with Dirty Red. Right now I think Fort is the 10th LB.

OL...I think once they saw the feet on Okorafor, this has been Finney, Feiler, and Okorafor as the 3 back ups. The question was whether they would go with 8 or 9...with big Ok able to be the swing OT, have they have all the bases covered with 3 backups.

DBs...11 are in the picture. With Brian Allen being the lone CB over 6' and some ST assets, I think they will go with 6 CBs and keep him. On the S side, Berhe was brought here for his ST work. With Marcus Allen's health and good showing, if he has another I think they will go with 5 S and maybe...I wouldn't be shocked to see Sensabaugh get traded and it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with 11 DBs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome. He's headed for the chopping block anyways. Hopefully they can find a suitor.

Rumor has it Tomlin is keeping all 4 qb's.....:L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Tomlin is keeping all 4 qb's.....:L

Dobbs left his best on the field last night...I think if nothing else they will wait a bit and see if a trade partner surfaces...I don't think he gets released with the mass dump. I have to think OAK/DEN/KC is a player here.

But it could effect a couple of positions though if they don't make a trade before the cut down day...I think OL is a solid 8, DL 6, TE 3, RB 3...both Adams and Adeniyi are making it so ILB (Fort) , CB (Brian Allen, Sensabaugh) and S (Berhe, Marcus Allen) will have some sleepless nights coming up

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs left his best on the field last night...I think if nothing else they will wait a bit and see if a trade partner surfaces...I don't think he gets released with the mass dump. I have to think OAK/DEN/KC is a player here.

But it could effect a couple of positions though if they don't make a trade before the cut down day...I think OL is a solid 8, DL 6, TE 3, RB 3...both Adams and Adeniyi are making it so ILB (Fort) , CB (Brian Allen, Sensabaugh) and S (Berhe, Marcus Allen) will have some sleepless nights coming up

After last night, Dobbs' performance solidified my opinion that I want Landry Jones off of this team. We've given him a chance, we've given him opportunities, he's not improving well enough and he isn't good enough. Doesn't seem to be learning anything while behind Ben for the last 4-5 years. His time is up. We drafted Dobbs and Rudolph and they've shown really good potential and they are still young and moldable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night, Dobbs' performance solidified my opinion that I want Landry Jones off of this team. We've given him a chance, we've given him opportunities, he's not improving well enough and he isn't good enough. Doesn't seem to be learning anything while behind Ben for the last 4-5 years. His time is up. We drafted Dobbs and Rudolph and they've shown really good potential and they are still young and moldable.

While it wouldn't bother me if they parted ways with Jones, I don't see them turning over the backup role to Rudolph or Dobbs this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want Dobbs over Jones. And I'd definitely accept the risk that goes with it. Dobbs has a big arm, he's a dual threat, and he's not afraid to take chances. And he has the WANT TO that you want in a backup QB.

Landry has none of that. He's a knowledgable QB that has decent accuracy, but he's timid & sucks at game managing. He plays with little confidence and he's a turnover waiting to happen.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P Shane Lechler got released from Houston.... He may be 42, but he still averaged 48-49 yds a punt last season. SIGN HIM NOW TOMLIN!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want Dobbs over Jones. And I'd definitely accept the risk that goes with it. Dobbs has a big arm, he's a dual threat, and he's not afraid to take chances. And he has the WANT TO that you want in a backup QB.

Landry has none of that. He's a knowledgable QB that has decent accuracy, but he's timid & sucks at game managing. He plays with little confidence and he's a turnover waiting to happen.
thats being nice @FaCe-LeE-uS

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really rooting for Bucky Hodges to make this team. Grimble's hand is probably not going to be ready week 1, and if I'm being honest with myself he's easily replaceable.

Hodges has shown plenty in limited action. He has great hands, solid speed, and he's a good blocker.