• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Early 53 Man Roster Projection

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05/kozora-2018-pittsburgh-steelers-53-man-roster-prediction/

Alex Korora's effort.

A few interesting spots. Aside from those I think he's pretty close.

Those interesting spots.

QB...Randolph, and Dobbs....he seems to think the rookie takes the QB2 job. That would be bold. I think they could stash Dobbs on PQ if they wanted to keep him.

RB...Terell Watson has been waived...

TE...McGee? They're reportedly going to use a RB spot for Samuels which could pave the way for a 9 OL or 10 LBs, or 6 CBs.

OLB...right now Chick is probably the swing guy unless Adams shows he needs to some snaps as well...do they bring Moats back?

DL...Greg Gilmore? Really?

OL...I think they will go 9 unless Okorafor is a beast out the gates

S... I think all are locks.

@FaCe-LeE-uS and Steeler Nation...your thoughts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My way too early stab:

QB (3): Roethlisberger, Jones/Dobbs, Rudolph
RB (4): Bell, Conner, Samuel/Ridley, Nix (FB)
WR (6): Brown, Smith-Schuster, Washington, Hunter, Heyward-Bey, Rogers/Henderson
TE (3): McDonald, James, Grimble
O-L (8): Villanueva, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Finney, Okorafor, Feiler/Hawkins
D-L (6): Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, Alualu, Walton, Frazier
OLB (5): Watt, Dupree, Chickillo, Adams, Huguenin
ILB (5): Williams, Bostic, Matakevich, Galambos/Fort, Thomas
CB (5): Haden, Burns, Hilton, Sutton, Sensabaugh/Allen/Phillips
S (5): Burnett, Davis, Edmunds, Allen, Berhe
ST (3): Boswell, Berry, Kanaday

Offense: 24
Defense: 26
ST: 3

*Giving the edge to the defense because I think players like Berhe & Thomas will have a big impact on ST.
*No clue what to expect with the 6th WR spot. They may even opt for 5, and keep Hawkins or Feiler on the O-line. Wouldn't be a bad idea given that Foster is on the doorstep. But I could also see Samuel joining the TE room, and Ridley getting the RB3. Grimble's job might not be safe. But I like Henderson right now. If they bring Rogers back (health permitting) then he'll battle with him.
*A lot of people are giving Moats an outside chance, but I think Huguenin steps up this offseason. He's the more athletic guy for the job.
*I'm pitting Galambos against Fort in the ILB room. I think Thomas is too versatile to not keep around.
*Last CB spot I'm leaning towards Sensabaugh. He wasn't stellar on the outside, but Gay's departure opens the door for another slot CB and Sensabaugh plays much better inside.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My way too early stab:

QB (3): Roethlisberger, Jones/Dobbs, Rudolph
RB (4): Bell, Conner, Samuel/Ridley, Nix (FB)
WR (6): Brown, Smith-Schuster, Washington, Hunter, Heyward-Bey, Rogers/Henderson
TE (3): McDonald, James, Grimble
O-L (8): Villanueva, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Finney, Okorafor, Feiler/Hawkins
D-L (6): Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, Alualu, Walton, Frazier
ILB (5): Williams, Bostic, Matakevich, Galambos/Fort, Thomas
CB (5): Haden, Burns, Hilton, Sutton, Sensabaugh/Allen/Phillips
S (5): Burnett, Davis, Edmunds, Allen, Berhe
ST (3): Boswell, Berry, Kanaday

Offense: 24
Defense: 26
ST: 3

*Giving the edge to the defense because I think players like Berhe & Thomas will have a big impact on ST.
*No clue what to expect with the 6th WR spot. They may even opt for 5, and keep Hawkins or Feiler on the O-line. Wouldn't be a bad idea given that Foster is on the doorstep. But I could also see Samuel joining the TE room, and Ridley getting the RB3. Grimble's job might not be safe. But I like Henderson right now. If they bring Rogers back (health permitting) then he'll battle with him.
*A lot of people are giving Moats an outside chance, but I think Huguenin steps up this offseason. He's the more athletic guy for the job.
*I'm pitting Galambos against Fort in the ILB room. I think Thomas is too versatile to not keep around.
*Last CB spot I'm leaning towards Sensabaugh. He wasn't stellar on the outside, but Gay's departure opens the door for another slot CB and Sensabaugh plays much better inside.

Mine is pretty close...

QB...(3)...since the pick was made, I've felt Jones was a lock...now I'm not so sure. I still say Dobbs is the odd man out but goes to the PS. I do think it's possible for Jones to be the odd man out.

RB...(4) If Samuels stays in the RB headcount, then I think 4 is the number incl Nix. If Connor looks sharp, Ridley goes
WR...(6) I think the versatility of Samuels bodes well for DHB and or Hunter...they want Rogers back so we'll see
TE...(3) same grouping
OL...(9) Teams value the work of coach Munch, unless they are ready to part ways with Hawkins, or Fieler. I think they keep 9
DL...(6) same grouping
ILB...(5)Galambos and Fort battle for the 5th slot
CB...(5) I would give the 5th the Allen or Phillips
S...(5) same
ST...(3) same

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My way too early stab:

Huguenin gives them a younger (cheaper - thanks Bell) and more athletic player. Moats I'm sure is good in the locker room, but on the field he's not bringing enough to command any snaps.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huguenin gives them a younger (cheaper - thanks Bell) and more athletic player. Moats I'm sure is good in the locker room, but on the field he's not bringing enough to command any snaps.
My thoughts exactly. Much like Keion Adams. Both give them more athleticism on the outside. Another thing that works in Moats' favor is that he's capable of filling in at ILB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. Much like Keion Adams. Both give them more athleticism on the outside. Another thing that works in Moats' favor is that he's capable of filling in at ILB.

I think there might be a slight shift in Tomlin's DNA when it comes to vets...I think Sensabaugh and Moats need to bring the goods to make it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there might be a slight shift in Tomlin's DNA when it comes to vets...I think Sensabaugh and Moats need to bring the goods to make it.
Agreed. I think Sensabaugh has a decent shot, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that Moats is worthwhile. Brian Allen needs to show a lot of improvement in camps this year. But the same needs to be said for Keion Adams & Farrington Huguenin. I just think its telling that they opted not to resign Moats on a vet min deal. I know its still a possibility, but we shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think Sensabaugh has a decent shot, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that Moats is worthwhile. Brian Allen needs to show a lot of improvement in camps this year. But the same needs to be said for Keion Adams & Farrington Huguenin. I just think its telling that they opted not to resign Moats on a vet min deal. I know its still a possibility, but we shall see.

Yep...Allen, Adams, Huguenin should be hungry and ready to make their mark. CBs...Sens imo really needs to bring it because Allen has already carved out a little ST niche...in terms of snaps...I think Sutton is thought to be inside and out and he's CB4...Hilton is the slot....Sens does have a shot because of the low cap hit, but also there is probably more confidence in him vs Allen.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Allen, Adams, Huguenin should be hungry and ready to make their mark. CBs...Sens imo really needs to bring it because Allen has already carved out a little ST niche...in terms of snaps...I think Sutton is thought to be inside and out and he's CB4...Hilton is the slot....Sens does have a shot because of the low cap hit, but also there is probably more confidence in him vs Allen.
My main reason why I predict Sens over Allen. But I didn't consider the ST role for Allen where he is indeed making an impact. That is a good point and typically a big factor when cuts come around. Not many are kept on the 53 just to ride the pine or hold clipboards.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB (3) Ben, Landry and Mason
RB (5) Bell, Conner, Nix, Ridley, Samuels
WR (5) AB, JuJu, Hunter, DHB, Washington
TE (3) James, McDonald, Grimble
OL (9) DeCastro, Finney, Foster, Gilbert, Hawkins, Pouncey, Rodgers, Villanueva, Okorafor
DL (6) Alualu, Hargrave, Heyward, Tuitt, Walton, McCullers
OLB (5) Adams, Chickillo, Dupree, Watt, Hugenin
ILB (5) Bostic, Matakevich, Fort, Williams, Galambos
CB (5) Burns, Haden, Hilton, Sensabaugh, Sutton
SS/FS (4) Davis, Edmunds, Allen, Burnett
ST (3) Boswell, Canaday, Berry

I really just threw a name out there for the 9th O-Lineman but realistically, Okorafor is gonna be on the PS. I think it's either Feiler or Okorafor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL (9) DeCastro, Finney, Foster, Gilbert, Hawkins, Pouncey, Rodgers, Villanueva, Okorafor

I really just threw a name out there for the 9th O-Lineman but realistically, Okorafor is gonna be on the PS. I think it's either Feiler or Okorafor.

Good effort.

I notice you're projecting youth at the OLB/ILB depth spots...I have a feeling it will play out that way too.

S...I think they will go with 5...they have been looking for a ST vet to replace Golden, Nat Berhe was thought to be that guy...I think he makes the squad.

ILB...I'm hearing a name to watch...Matthew Thomas

OL...I'm liking 9 as well...not sure who Rodgers is, but I think Hawkins or Feiler moves into the swing OT role...Finney is 1st up at OG or C and imo the new starting LG next yr. For some reason I thought Feiler played inside some which would bode well for him I think. Big Okra would be the 4th reserve OL...I don't think they will take the chance of exposing him on the PS....I can see 8 with him being the 8th guy if they really like him early. This is probably where coach Munchak's voice gets a little louder...if he wants 9, I think they will keep 9.

DL...Interesting you picked McCullers over Frazier. Coach Mitch has said one of the biggest challenges for DTs at this level is learning to play with a low pad level and that will always be a problem for McCullers. He's going to have to really shine for coach Dunbar to choose him over his Bama rookie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post-Rookie minicamp signings WR & OLine

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Chukwuma Okorafor Likely To Lose Redshirt Year Following Hawkins Injury - Steelers Depot

This likely secures Big Okras spot on the 53, but is Finney now the swing OT? Or was he the leader in the clubhouse for the job already?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Chukwuma Okorafor Likely To Lose Redshirt Year Following Hawkins Injury - Steelers Depot

This likely secures Big Okras spot on the 53, but is Finney now the swing OT? Or was he the leader in the clubhouse for the job already?
Well I guess that pretty much secures both Okorafor & Feiler. Wonder if they'll look in FA for an O-lineman or 2 to fill out the 90 again?

But depending on the severity of the tear in Hawkins' quad, he could be out anywhere between 3-8 weeks. I think most timetables are set at 6-8, but I've heard of some partial tears healing in 3-5 weeks. If that holds true then he could be back before August Training Camp.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

I'm inclined to think Finney was always the leader, but ya never know. I've been watching some videos on Okorafor and I'm actually excited to see what he can do. Yeah, he played on a small school but I don't really think that matters much after a while. Guys from smaller schools are often underestimated and end up surprising people when in actuality, they had the talent, just didn't go up against national guys so noone really knows what to look forward to.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess that pretty much secures both Okorafor & Feiler. Wonder if they'll look in FA for an O-lineman or 2 to fill out the 90 again?

But depending on the severity of the tear in Hawkins' quad, he could be out anywhere between 3-8 weeks. I think most timetables are set at 6-8, but I've heard of some partial tears healing in 3-5 weeks. If that holds true then he could be back before August Training Camp.

That would be great news for the kid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to think Finney was always the leader, but ya never know. I've been watching some videos on Okorafor and I'm actually excited to see what he can do. Yeah, he played on a small school but I don't really think that matters much after a while. Guys from smaller schools are often underestimated and end up surprising people when in actuality, they had the talent, just didn't go up against national guys so noone really knows what to look forward to.

Big Okra...they 1st saw him when they scouted Keion Adams and they circled back for him a year later so they had eyes on him all season I'm sure. I think every OT needs a bit of technique help coming into the league, but coach Munch has spoken well about him early so it might've been inevitable that Hawkins is the odd man out.

I think Finney always being available probably had him in the lead for the swing OT job as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this ones highly variable