• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 best truck

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious question you nitdipshits are not asking is what the hell do you need?
I need to drive and go see customers N shit in Oklahoma West TX and Houston. Dallas is about 3-5 hours away from all of them. I don't need a 250 or some huge monstrosity.
I need some off road but it's mostly rock and clay in Arkansas where I do most of that shit. I need to pull a boat. Need decent highway miles. Haul some shit if I need to
F150 eb is all I need. And the 2016 platinum has a dam massage chair in the front
Now post some pics of your big truck and send the little dick pics to @BigRedMoe. Don't be scared

You can do all of that with a Tahoe or an Expedition

Unfortunately I need a real truck, so a 2500 is what I drive. I'm not a fan of feeding the damn thing, but there is no doubt I would have killed a 1/2 ton truck in 4 or 5 years while my 10.5 year old Dodge is still going strong.

Nest summer when my extended warranty runs out I will probably buy another truck. I might just buy a 1/2 ton and keep the current beast (since it's trade in value is so low) for plowing and hauling. We'll see how it goes.

One thing I know for sure is that I'm not buying a diesel. The up front cost combined with the additional taxes/registration fees in NH and the cost of the fuel is something I would never recoup. Throw in the fact that even the quietest ones sound like a bag of marbles rolling down the road and it is not an option.

P.S. I can't send dick pics, my phone camera doesn't have a wide angle lens :eek:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about those.
But will probably go with the F250 with the 6.4 gas 6speed automatic

I open a thread about "trucks" and so far no one has mentioned or posted a photo a real truck yet

Something close to this.

vehicle.png

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something close to this.

vehicle.png

I'm not much of a Ford guy, but I'm not anti-Ford either. Who ever gives me the best deal will get my business.

I'm mostly just bustin chops on this thread anyways. Might be I'm just lashing out because I'm sick of driving trucks and I've been too cheap to get a car and pay for 2 vehicles :noidea:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Nissan Titan’s with the Diesel engine can be hand for just a little over 30k if you don’t need all the bells and whistles. Still comes with cruise, 4x4 if you want it, automatics everything, push start, and a HUD with Bluetooth.

Yeah...that's another option. Nissan gives their trucks away in comparison....still wondering when they'll put out the next gen. Frontier. I've always been a Ford guy (I won't do business with GM or Dodge regardless of their cheap prices) and especially for their trucks. They have been a step ahead of the competition for quite some time - the competition basically admits it - and I'll pay the extra $ for quality.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...that's another option. Nissan gives their trucks away in comparison....still wondering when they'll put out the next gen. Frontier. I've always been a Ford guy (I won't do business with GM or Dodge regardless of their cheap prices) and especially for their trucks. They have been a step ahead of the competition for quite some time - the competition basically admits it - and I'll pay the extra $ for quality.

See, I’ve had horrible luck with Ford vehicles of every kind. It’s noy usually the big stuff like the engine or transmission. It’s usually screwy little shit like front end and rotor assemblies that are poorly engineered and frequently go out to nickle and dime you to death. Part of the reason I made the switch to a tundra this last go round is they’re the only other truck (until the new titans) with a full steel frame body, but also because everything on them is beefed up including the brakes and front end assembly. That, and everyone I’ve talked to who has ever owned one has nothing but great things to say about them.

I’ve had mine for a little under two years but I have nothing bad to say about it, and if you know what you’re doing and don’t absolutely have to have a bunch of bells and whistles installed from the factory you can get one pretty reasonably. Where they kill you on the prices is all the upgrade packages. If I’d bought mine the way I wanted from the dealer it would’ve cost me at least $36k. Instead I bought an basic SR5 Double cab 4x4 for 31k with steel wheels and highway tires, put aftermarket 17” wheels, off-road toyo tires and running boards on it for 2,500 and I’m in it for $33,500.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, @SJ76 the Titan with the Diesel engine might be a good fit for you. It’s crazy roomy inside, will average 20mpg and can be had for around 34k with 4x4 depending on what you absolutely have to have.

2017_nissan_titan-xd_crew-cab-pickup_sl_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I’ve had horrible luck with Ford vehicles of every kind. It’s noy usually the big stuff like the engine or transmission. It’s usually screwy little shit like front end and rotor assemblies that are poorly engineered and frequently go out to nickle and dime you to death. Part of the reason I made the switch to a tundra this last go round is they’re the only other truck (until the new titans) with a full steel frame body, but also because everything on them is beefed up including the brakes and front end assembly. That, and everyone I’ve talked to who has ever owned one has nothing but great things to say about them.

I’ve had mine for a little under two years but I have nothing bad to say about it, and if you know what you’re doing and don’t absolutely have to have a bunch of bells and whistles installed from the factory you can get one pretty reasonably. Where they kill you on the prices is all the upgrade packages. If I’d bought mine the way I wanted from the dealer it would’ve cost me at least $36k. Instead I bought an basic SR5 Double cab 4x4 for 31k with steel wheels and highway tires, put aftermarket 17” wheels, off-road toyo tires and running boards on it for 2,500 and I’m in it for $33,500.

I know a couple of guys who have Tundra's and they swear by them. Both say the same thing - tougher than shit and terrible fuel economy. Like you, I've got nothing bad to say about any of my trucks - my 07 Triton 5.4 is still running strong, but now I'd like something smaller. It's why I'm eagerly awaiting the new Ranger coming (even though the size difference won't be as glaring as it was when the previous generation Ranger was here) and like you, I'll take it as bare as I can get it, as long as it's 4x4.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a couple of guys who have Tundra's and they swear by them. Both say the same thing - tougher than shit and terrible fuel economy. Like you, I've got nothing bad to say about any of my trucks - my 07 Triton 5.4 is still running strong, but now I'd like something smaller. It's why I'm eagerly awaiting the new Ranger coming (even though the size difference won't be as glaring as it was when the previous generation Ranger was here) and like you, I'll take it as bare as I can get it, as long as it's 4x4.

Yeah, they’re definitely behind on the gas mileage front. I average 16mpg in my tundra but I also bought a little 15 year old Toyota to drive the wheels off of and save gas and miles on it too.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, @SJ76 the Titan with the Diesel engine might be a good fit for you. It’s crazy roomy inside, will average 20mpg and can be had for around 34k with 4x4 depending on what you absolutely have to have.

2017_nissan_titan-xd_crew-cab-pickup_sl_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg

I've heard mixed things about the Titan. I know Toyota makes good trucks but not sure about Nissan.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard mixed things about the Titan. I know Toyota makes good trucks but not sure about Nissan.

It's hard to keep track of what's what with all the changes happening in new assembly plants n sech. A client who had a very upgraded version of a Toyota 4x4 for 10 years bought a new one 2 years ago. The new one has corrosion starting everywhere while the old one, next to it in the driveway, is still perfect. The U-bolts and other undercarriage hardware is getting all rusty already...crazy.

It's a crapshoot out there!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m considering an F250 and a Lance camper for my trips out west and Florida. Quite a step up from my 260-V8 Ford Explorer, a very practical vehicle.

A client bought one of these for cruising around the country the same way. He really likes not having to take a shit in some gas station. It probably cost about the same as that truck.

maxresdefault.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I'm serious. I'm tired of the rough ride and I'm looking for a little more creature comforts in my next vehicle. If I get another 3/4 ton I might get the latter, but I won't get the former.

It's time for a nice car.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A client bought one of these for cruising around the country the same way. He really likes not having to take a shit in some gas station. It probably cost about the same as that truck.

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting but too van like for me. I found that travel/truck centers like T/A, Pilot, Flying J located off the interstates have good facilities. I think the whole idea of rv toilets is a bummer because of the cleanup problem, unloading waste, etc.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting but too van like for me. I found that travel/truck centers like T/A, Pilot, Flying J located off the interstates have good facilities. I think the whole idea of rv toilets is a bummer because of the cleanup problem, unloading waste, etc.

You have to get one with, or install, a black-water pump. They're so awesome. When you pull up to a stop light and don't like the looks of someone, you hit the button and 3 gallons of turd water blasts on 'em. Put a really big maceration pump on there.

I had this Jabsco on my last boat. It's a turd cannon!

50782-1000x1078.gif