• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

September callups - 2018 edition

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I think SP will be ok. We'll see if my inside info of going hard after Kershaw comes to pass.
Kershaw and Bumgarner are about to decline pretty noticeably IMO. Especially compared to the money they will get.

But agree in general that SP isn't our main concern. Nor is the bullpen.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright LHG, looks like you may finally get your wish

The Giants' September call-up list will be small
I certainly hope that happens. I still think its ridiculous to not call up Chris Shaw. How does that work with Sabean's statement about focusing more on development (although I do see that Sabean's comments were vague enough to not really say anything at all)? The team could use the pop and Shaw has shown he has it. He deserves the promotion.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright LHG, looks like you may finally get your wish

The Giants' September call-up list will be small

Considering how much the bullpen has been worked this season, and the possibility of limited innings for Rodriguez and Suarez, shouldn't the Giants look into calling up as many pitchers as possible? I guess Black, Johnson, Kelly, Law and Rogers may be enough but I would think that one or two more would be better. Maybe bring up Osich and Okert for one last tour before their dfa's.
And with Duggar's injury, do the Giants reconsider Shaw or do they just roll with Blanco and/or call up Bourjos?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably scratch Derek Law's name from this list. He just got placed on the 7 day disabled list today by Sacramento. I don't know what the injury is but if he isn't available for a least a week I wonder if he just gets shut down.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to see what he can do. I think a good comp is Ehire Adrianza. Bad news for Kelby Tomlinson
It will be nice to see what he can do.

I'm pissed right now, though, as I hear he is the only call up today. What the heck, dude!?!?! No Tyler Rogers!?!?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice to see what he can do.

I'm pissed right now, though, as I hear he is the only call up today. What the heck, dude!?!?! No Tyler Rogers!?!?

I've been pretty open about how I feel about the guy and his probable struggles against ML hitting..... but sometimes you got to throw a guy a bone, even if you're going to DFA him in November. A 2.26 ERA in AAA over the last 2 years combined is no small feat.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pretty open about how I feel about the guy and his probable struggles against ML hitting..... but sometimes you got to throw a guy a bone, even if you're going to DFA him in November. A 2.26 ERA in AAA over the last 2 years combined is no small feat.
Yes, let him pitch a few games. Its not like the team is in the midst of a playoff hunt. The bullpen could use as many fresh arms as possible. If he stinks, dfa him. If he pitches well, they've got an arm to stash for 2019 as depth.

I guess since Chris Shaw got called up, the FO felt they needed to stiff someone from AAA who deserved a call up.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Bloody geniuses.
I've been working hard not unloading my frustration on you all. Every time I'm reminded of this decision, it becomes harder. Not sure why I take it so personally, I guess I feel he deserves a shot and no one is willing to give it to him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered what active rosters look like this month around MLB and this is what I found (noting the teams on the far sides of the spectrum). Two thirds of MLB teams are carrying at least 34 players. Only three teams have less than the Giants and two other teams have the same amount.

39 - 1 (Phillies)
38 - 2 (A's, Mariners)
37 - 2 (Braves, Blue Jays)
36 - 3
35 - 4
34 - 8
33 - 4
32 - 3 (Reds, Astros, Giants)
31 - 3 (Rays, WS, Royals)

Maybe I should have just done my Taylor Rogers snub rant and have been done with it. Oh well. You all get this instead.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered what active rosters look like this month around MLB and this is what I found (noting the teams on the far sides of the spectrum). Two thirds of MLB teams are carrying at least 34 players. Only three teams have less than the Giants and two other teams have the same amount.

39 - 1 (Phillies)
38 - 2 (A's, Mariners)
37 - 2 (Braves, Blue Jays)
36 - 3
35 - 4
34 - 8
33 - 4
32 - 3 (Reds, Astros, Giants)
31 - 3 (Rays, WS, Royals)

Maybe I should have just done my Taylor Rogers snub rant and have been done with it. Oh well. You all get this instead.

So Tyler has a brother who pitches, too? Cool!