• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that would be the best move for Doc unless they offer him an insane amount of $. Hell, at this point he probably could help Pelinka recruit the kind of players that would actually fit well with LBJ. lol
He already extended with the Clippers.

He had a opt out clause for this Summer.

But, he just announced that he waived it and wants to stay with the Clippers.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilberts owned the Cavs a grand total of 4 full seasons without Lebron. gmafb.

also

you see Tate MArtell was given his waiver? Should be a decent pickup for Miami....hes no Fields, but who is?
What does the length he's been an owner to a billionaire as you claim?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Panictime
For what? Who expected you all to do much this season? Luckily for LBJ & Magic the rhetoric to start the season was this team was a "work in progress" with no expectation of winning big.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I heard Jeanie actually was trying to trade LBJ when that whole AD debacle broke out...but no other GMs wanted to touch that with a 10 ft. pole. Possible the rest of the league is hip to him being a coach killer and/or GM killer? lol

She thought about it but never actually seriously considered it and no calls were ever made.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what? Who expected you all to do much this season? Luckily for LBJ & Magic the rhetoric to start the season was this team was a "work in progress" with no expectation of winning big.

In response to internet being broken, doll-face.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not assume Kobe would be bad.

He has the knowledge and he knows how to communicate it. Those are probably the two most important traits for coaches to have.

The question is what would his mindset be. If he had reasonable expectations and didn't get too frustrated when his players fell short of perfection, he could be a damn good coach. Like you said, his ability to manage the locker room would eventually depend on how he dealt with player failure.

Leading a team with talent, I think Kobe could be awesome if he wanted it. But he wouldn't be my choice to take over the rebuilding Pelicans or a team like that.

Good points. He can obviously coach on some level because he's worked with guys one on one and players seek him out for advice. But I think that might where he's best.

I just don't think he has the patience. He is just so over the top as a competitor that I don't think he could contain himself with winning and losing games at stake. Pretty sure @ChiefsLakers67 was only half kidding when he said Kobe would kill somebody. lol

But who knows? You may well be right. Knowledge of game certain isn't an issue. so, if he could keep himself from getting too frustrated, he probably would do very well.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. He can obviously coach on some level because he's worked with guys one on one and players seek him out for advice. But I think that might where he's best.

I just don't think he has the patience. He is just so over the top as a competitor that I don't think he could contain himself with winning and losing games at stake. Pretty sure @ChiefsLakers67 was only half kidding when he said Kobe would kill somebody. lol

But who knows? You may well be right. Knowledge of game certain isn't an issue. so, if he could keep himself from getting too frustrated, he probably would do very well.

Just like Magic when he was the HC....LOL.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already extended with the Clippers.

He had a opt out clause for this Summer.

But, he just announced that he waived it and wants to stay with the Clippers.
Welp, too bad for the lakers lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She thought about it but never actually seriously considered it and no calls were ever made.
Yeah, that sounda about right.

But, there was one of those " anonymous GM"s " reports about some rival teams not wanting to touch him with a 20 foot pole and others not willing to break the bank to deal for him.

People can say that all they want in a hypothetical.

If he was really available?

Different story.

The Only teams I see that won't want to trade for him are the one's in rebuild and the one's who think they have a shot at the other big names.