• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo with 44 points, 27 in the 4th quarter. I'm happy the Lakers traded him to salary dump and he's no longer in the Kings' division/conference.
Kid is going to get PA8D this Summer.

Lakers need a scoring PG/combo guard.

Maybe They should look into giving him the max?

:noidea:

Shit worked for the Knicks with that Hardaway Jr overpay.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo with 44 points, 27 in the 4th quarter. I'm happy the Lakers traded him to salary dump and he's no longer in the Kings' division/conference.

"Not a leader" - Magic Johnson

:L:L:L

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Magic when he was the HC....LOL.

No. Nothing like Magic.

Magic doesn't have a filter and he isn't a great communicator IMO. That is why he was a lousy coach. Kobe can analyze the nuances of the game with the best of them. He has proven that.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm going to be in Clearwater for a day next week. I need to know good dinner spots.
Theres an endless sushi/hibachi place on US19 that is awesome. Burns steak house in Tampa. Texas de Brasil in Tampa. Villa Gallace on the beach is where all the Yankees players eat during spring training, my old aau coach owns it, best italian food ive ever had. For small places, Phillies on East Bay, best philly cheesesteak ive ever had, real tiny place but its been in business for 30 years.

The original hooters is on gulf to bay and 19, and Winghouse is also good.

Abes mugs has the best wings out of the 3 though, thats on seminole blvd.

All of these places are within 30 minutes of Clearwater, some are in Clearwater.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @Heatles84 Phillies play spring training off of US19 in clearwater as well, you can catch a game super cheap and that have an awesome tiki bar in ledt field. I live and work off 19, pretty much all the main things to do in Clearwater are off that road.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not the shot was made is irrelevant to the quality of defense being made. If a player contests every single shot to the best of humanly possible, yet the opponent makes every bucket, does that mean he is a bad defender?
who said he would be......but if he didn't play great D and the guy still missed the shot did he play good D?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Lebron went back to the Cavs, the Lakers started their rebuilding process. They started loading up on draft picks and were saving up cap space (sound familiar?). Wiggy gave Lakers fans all the crap in the world, and even with Lebron joining the Lakers, they're still nowhere near a title (that could change if AD and/or Butler join the Lakers in some capacity).

In terms of being ran, what have the Cavs done without Lebron while under Gilbert? Gilbert won't even retain a quality GM in David Griffin. The other franchises like Indiana, Milwaukee, and Denver didn't have Lebron play for them.

I've given HurricaneDij plenty of crap about the Pacers. But for the last couple of years, they've been a pretty consistent franchise and are consistently in the playoffs. They're going to be a top 4 seed while losing their start player 2-3 months ago.

Denver built their team from the ground up and look like they could potentially be the #2 seed in the West this year.

Again, I ask, what has Cleveland done under Dan Gilbert without Lebron? Get lucky year after year in the lotto? Whoopty-fucking-doo!
I'll go in order of your irrational......

**Yes, they loaded up on picks and cap space. Went to the Finals when Lebron came back. Not the same is being a 10-12 seed, right?

**This was your second AND last point, but I'll answer it here. Even though you kind of did already. So far, all he's done without Lebron is accrue enough assets and cap space to woo Lebron back. Worked. They won a title if you didn't know.

**"Pretty consistently" in the playoffs? for a whopping 2 years? Now I agree Indiana is a well run organization but to say they've done better than the Cavs since Gilbert has been here is absurd.

**Yep, Denver might be the 2 seed. Cavs have been the 1-2 seed a few times with Gilbert, too. Played in 5 Finals. See my last comment about Indiana, but sub Denver.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it did.

TT played mostly PF his first few years in the league. He is only a center in the modern Currified NBA.
But it sure seemed like he'd be moved to C. Never mind I doubt anyone would have taken Drummond at 4, where they picked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwame Brown was a massive bust.

But he played 11 years, started 281 games and had 6 seasons averaging over 7 points and 8 seasons over 5 rebounds.

Those are miserably low standards for a #1 overall pick.

But Anthony Bennett appeared in 151 games, started 4. Never averaged more than 5.2 points or 3.8 rebounds and was completely out of the league in 4 years. And not because of a massive injury like Greg Oden.

Kwame Brown does not compare to Bennett on the bust meter. Really not sure anybody can.
Fultz says hi, but he has time.

And, sure, Brown stole money from teams for an extra 7 seasons. Good for him I guess.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The argument is about best ran franchises. I haven't even seen Gilbert sniff the playoffs without Lebron. We're in year 5 without Lebron (4 years in Miami, this year being included makes 5) in Cleveland under Dan Gilbert.

2. Tate's pretty good. I think Ohio State and Miami both got upgraded at the position. Watching UF fans spin it and say Frenks is better than Martell is hilarious. Appreciate the pick up.
1. OK, but you asked what he has done without him and so far the answer is they tanked and built the team back up to a title team.

yeah.....that sucked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden missed shots he can make for sure. But Klay's contests make them more difficult than normal.

Klay is really long and great at contesting perimeter shots. He is the best in the league at it IMO.

Makes sense though. Tony Bennett spends a ridiculous percentage of his practice time on defensive fundamentals like closing out and contesting without fouling. Forcing Contested jump shots are what the pack line defense is built on.

Klay only played for Bennett for 1 year, but Bennett will not play freshmen unless they can execute his defensive principals. Klay started every game and averaged 33 minutes as a freshman. I have no doubt Klay would credit Bennett for helping instill his defensive principles.
Klay is a good defender I'm sure.....but this is funny. Guys miss shots against him and it's great D. If they make shots it's "good D but they just made shots."

Wow.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wee Bey. Don’t test me on the wire man. One of my all time favorite shows. Michael B Jordan will always be Wallace to me.

Edit: that scene also is when Stringer told him he shot a cop.
so many have said I need to see The Wire, but really liked Michael B in Friday Night Lights.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a starting lineup of:

Pg: Rondo
SG: Bullock
SF: Kuzma
PF: Muscala
C: McGee

Lakers must be resting all of their starters in anticipation of the playoffs huh? ;)
didn't want to show Bucks anything in case they met in Finals.