• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is going to wind up the 7 seed thanks to the 3 wins it got off the Raptors and then knock the Raptors out in the first round lmao.

Fuck it I'm a Clippers fan now. Sweet Lou is the only player in the NBA I like.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat seems to play better vs:
1. Good Teams
2. On the road.

Well see.
If the Magic end up ahead of them it will be because of our head to head vs them.
We get one more crack next week.
That game prob decided who makes it.

I think if the Heat go 2-2 on this road trip then they should be ok.

Orlando had a tough 5 game stretch coming up. Home against Philly followed by 4 game road trip in Miami, Detroit, Indy, & Toronto

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is going to wind up the 7 seed thanks to the 3 wins it got off the Raptors and then knock the Raptors out in the first round lmao.

Fuck it I'm a Clippers fan now. Sweet Lou is the only player in the NBA I like.

Detroit getting the 7 seed with the upcoming schedule for the Nets and Heat is pretty much impossible.

They're going to be the 6 seed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think the Lakers are gonna punt on their cap room AGAIN this offseason?

how will that conversation go?

LeBron we really want to sign some guys to help you this offsason

but if we WAIT ANOTHER YEAR until your age 36 season we can probably get Anthony Davis!!!!

yah good luck with that

Where did I say that? The ideal plan is to sign one of Kawhi/Klay/Durant/Butler etc this summer. Lakers will need to either do a S&T in 2020 or trade the kids for cap space & picks to clear room (if they do get one of those wings this summer, otherwise it may be punted cap space).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Bam is like a poor mans TT"?

TT never did, or will ever do anything without LeBron making it easy for him.
Bam already has shown that he can make a difference on his own. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but he's going to be in the NBA for a long time.
TT's first 2 years in the league (obviously with LeBron):

Year 1: 8.2 pts, 6.5 boards, 1.0 blocks,
Year 2: 11.7 pts, 9.4 boards, 0.9 blocks

TT this year once LeBron left: 11.5 pts, 11.1 boards

Bam his first two years in the league:
Year 1: 6.9 pts, 5.5 boards, 0.6 blocks
Year 2: 8.5 pts, 6.8 boards, 0.8 blocks

as i said- Bam is basically a poor mans TT. Both are very similar in how they play defense with being athletic enough to guard PF's, C's, and can switch out on occasion. Very similar players with Bam just not being as good his early years- which some of it is attached to PT, but if you are giving up minutes to Kelly Onlyk and J. Johnson, that might not be a good thing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit getting the 7 seed with the upcoming schedule for the Nets and Heat is pretty much impossible.

They're going to be the 6 seed.
I mean, I'd be good with that but anything can happen in games, schedule be damned. Lebron's out there losing to the fucking Knicks lol

Plus, Detroit could always lose purposely to get the matchup they want. Wouldn't be the first time a team did that to draw the Raptors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's first 2 years in the league (obviously with LeBron):

Year 1: 8.2 pts, 6.5 boards, 1.0 blocks,
Year 2: 11.7 pts, 9.4 boards, 0.9 blocks

TT this year once LeBron left: 11.5 pts, 11.1 boards

Bam his first two years in the league:
Year 1: 6.9 pts, 5.5 boards, 0.6 blocks
Year 2: 8.5 pts, 6.8 boards, 0.8 blocks

as i said- Bam is basically a poor mans TT. Both are very similar in how they play defense with being athletic enough to guard PF's, C's, and can switch out on occasion. Very similar players with Bam just not being as good his early years- which some of it is attached to PT, but if you are giving up minutes to Kelly Onlyk and J. Johnson, that might not be a good thing.
*WITHOUT LeBron....obviously

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say that? The ideal plan is to sign one of Kawhi/Klay/Durant/Butler etc this summer. Lakers will need to either do a S&T in 2020 or trade the kids for cap space & picks to clear room (if they do get one of those wings this summer, otherwise it may be punted cap space).
I am not sure how realistic that is.

Say you sign Kemba Walker or Jimmy Butler to a 37M a year a deal max deal (Klay and Kawhi aint happenin). You have LeBron at 37M this offseason. That is 74M already right there.

The cap is 118 in the summer of 2020.

Deng will still be on the payroll for 5M in the summer of 2020/21.

So you are up to about 80M with LeBron, Walker/Butler and Deng's dead money.

that leaves you 38M under the cap. That is about the amount for a max deal. It does not seem realistic to sign a 3rd guy to take up all your cap space as you would have no one else on your roster and have not taken into account roster cap holds at all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how realistic that is.

Say you sign Kemba Walker or Jimmy Butler to a 37M a year a deal max deal (Klay and Kawhi aint happenin). You have LeBron at 37M this offseason. That is 74M already right there.

The cap is 118 in the summer of 2020.

Deng will still be on the payroll for 5M in the summer of 2020/21.

So you are up to about 80M with LeBron, Walker/Butler and Deng's dead money.

that leaves you 38M under the cap. That is about the amount for a max deal. It does not seem realistic to sign a 3rd guy to take up all your cap space as you would have no one else on your roster and have not taken into account roster cap holds at all.

Which is where a S&T may be a more likely option.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is where a S&T may be a more likely option.
i dunno. Sign and trades are extremely rare under the new CBA. Sign and trades were popular because you could get the hometown raises and go somewhere else. Obviously that is no longer allowed. I actually cannot even remember the last time a sign and trade happened- and considering their has been renewed news that the Pelicans have no interest in dealing with the Lakers, and the fact that Ingram just had surgery, and Ball cant stay healthy, it seems far-fetched that the Pelicans would ever engage in a sign and trade with the Lakers. Not only that, but its likely Davis gets traded else where this offseason- and if say, its Boston, what do you think the chances are that Boston does a sign and trade with the Lakers? or the Clippers do a sign and trade with the Lakers? etc...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone think LeBron gets swatted like that, by FUCKING MARIO HEZONJA, 3 years ago?

let me asnwer

-no- no he does not.
I didn't see the game (though did see the block) so guessing on some of this. No, I don't think the block happens.

However, losing a big lead is not a shock if it was played how he did here. Get the lead and then the last 5 minutes it's hero ball for Lebron. dribble, dribble, dribble shoot a poor shot.

Did that happen?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game (though did see the block) so guessing on some of this. No, I don't think the block happens.

However, losing a big lead is not a shock if it was played how he did here. Get the lead and then the last 5 minutes it's hero ball for Lebron. dribble, dribble, dribble shoot a poor shot.

Did that happen?

For too much of the fourth quarter. When the ball was in Caruso's hands, good things happened. When in Lebron's hands, the ball too often stalled.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did that happen?
the "stanky leg offense" as its known in Cleveland....LeBron pounding the ball at hte top of the key, basically no ball movement and lebron makes his move with like 7 seconds left on the shot clock.