• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for Lakers fans....

@shopson67 , @DJ , @ChiefsLakers67 , @Kold , @Shaqdaddy11 , @wildturkey , @OutlawImmortal ....

If the Lakers do their due diligence this Summer and find out that these guys would have interest in playing together and would consider the Lakers if they didn't have LeBron ....

Do the Lakers have a Shark that would be willing to deal LeBron if it meant you can sign two of the following....

Durant, Kyrie, Kawhi.

I'm not talking Vuvecic and Butler.

But, a real big 2?

Again: IF these things are true about the youngins wanting out and the free agents not wanting to play caddy.

Fyi - These are not old articles. They are from the last 3 days.

“I do not,” Wright said when asked if he believes Leonard would have interest in playing with James on the Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective Podcast. “That’s just what I’ve been told. It’s what I’ve been told going back to last summer. I don’t see that as something that’s happening.

RUMOR: The Possibility Of Kawhi Leonard Joining LeBron James

Brandon Ingram was here before all the mess, but he has to deal with it just like the rest. For him, it may be more than he can handle.

In a report by ESPN’s Stephen a Smith, Ingram apparently wants out.

“You’re hearing noise now that Brandon Ingram is not happy and that his father is talking to folks…”

NBA News, NFL News, Stats, Photos, Videos, Schedules and more | ClutchPoints

"I was talking to some people who were with 'Team Free Agent', I mean 'Team LeBron' at All-Star, and they said that Kyrie and KD were like a middle school couple that weekend. Eating together. ... Doing drills together at practice. 'I'll rebound for you. You rebound for me. I'll post you up. You post me up.' They were eating together. They went to Miami together after the weekend."

Windhorst: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Like 'Middle School Couple' at All-Star

It seems like it would be the logical thing to do, but I don't think Magic and Pelinka would do it.

On BI: when it rains, it pours.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kawhi ever going to be a guy who plays 70 plus games again?

Hell he's only managed it twice in his career. I get the guy logs a lot of playoff minutes but he is taking this to an extreme.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By itself, of course not.

In the context of the other 5 stats I posted it sure tells a story though.

Here is the same info posted another way:

Difference between Steph Curry stats in Finals and regular season each year:

Points +2.2, Rebounds +.9, Assists -1.4, Steals -.2, FG% -4.4%

Points -7.5 (25% decline) Rebounds -.5 (9% decline) Assists -3 (45% decline) Steals -1.2 (57% decline) FG% -10.1%

Points +1.5, Rebounds +3.5, Assists + 2.8, Steals +.4, FG% -1.8%

During2018
Points +1.1, Rebounds +.7, Assist + 1.6, Steals -.1, FG% -9.3%

Which set of numbers jumps out to you?

In every single season, Curry's FG% was lower in the Finals, but aside from that his other stats were as good or better every year but 2016. You can play the small sample size game all you want, but this is extreme.

2016 also happened to be the season Curry set the league on fire and won unanimous MVP leading the league in scoring, steals and a few other categories too. Yet, in the Finals his production looked more like a CJ McCollum stat line than a unanimous league MVP.

Why?

Because he was not close to 100%.

And for @WiggyRuss to say that is the stupidest thing he has ever seen really shows himself as a poster in the following ways:

-His ridiculous propensity for exaggeration and hyperbole
-His extreme bias toward anything related to Cleveland
-His extreme bias toward anything related to me
I happen to agree with him on the steals being near irrelevant, but agree with you stupidest thing ever is obvious hyperbole. A good game with steals is 2 and obviously the least one could have is none, so not a big difference there.

The points jump out for 2016, the rebounds are negligible, and the assists are also teammate dependent. Cavs played very good D in a number of the games. I'm sure you noticed his FG% was just as down last year, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I disagree.

Playing without fouling is a skill. Some rules need to be tweaked a bit to prevent offensive players initiating contact to draw a foul, but otherwise no. Fouling out is part of basketball.

I do think most coaches play too conservatively with players in foul trouble though. Especially in the first half.
Have always agreed with that last statement. You'd think an analytics teams could help these coaches out.

They take out guys and guarantee they miss playing time because they are worried by keeping them in they MIGHT miss time?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with your first statement.

A contender by defintion is a team with a chance to win. Not a team with a chance to get close.

Add 2019 LeBron to the Cavs and they have a puncher's chance to Get through the East, but they aren't favorites like they have been every other season. And they just don't match up well with the current version of GS.

To me, that means they would have been more on the level of the Nuggets.

Maybe they make some noise, but I can't see them as contenders. Not with how LeBron has played lately. Playoff team for sure though.
No way to know of course, but they could have brought back the same team that got through the East and added the #8 pick if they wanted. I suspect with a commitment from Lebron they'd have moved the #8 pick for more help this season.

All those new guys would have a training camp and more time to learn to play with Lebron. Osman seems like a much better player, as well. And could thrive off the bench for a good team IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to agree with him on the steals being near irrelevant, but agree with you stupidest thing ever is obvious hyperbole. A good game with steals is 2 and obviously the least one could have is none, so not a big difference there.

The points jump out for 2016, the rebounds are negligible, and the assists are also teammate dependent. Cavs played very good D in a number of the games. I'm sure you noticed his FG% was just as down last year, right?

Cmon man.

Yes they played good defense.

The reason they were able to play such good defense was because the Warrior's best player and best creator couldn't seperate off the dribble. Because he was hurt.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit that?

A guy who is usually one of the quickest in the league with the ball couldn't seperate from guys like Kevin Love.

And we aren't talking about a couple stats. It was every stat.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

Yes they played good defense.

The reason they were able to play such good defense was because the Warrior's best player and best creator couldn't seperate off the dribble. Because he was hurt.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit that?

A guy who is usually one of the quickest in the league with the ball couldn't seperate from guys like Kevin Love.

And we aren't talking about a couple stats. It was every stat.
So you are using The Stop as your proof? One play? First, Love had him near out of bounds so he couldn't go that way. Had help if he needed it. Curry actually got a decent shot off and just missed it. Not because he was hurt, but because he actually does miss shots. As much as I do like Love, I actually think he might have been given too much credit on that shot and have said as much. Curry makes that shot and they go on to win always wondered what happens in the aftermath.

Are you suggesting assists is not team dependent? You don't need your teammates to hit a shot for one to get the assist? That's the real "c'mon man".

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other problem, imo, would be that the only way to get assets in return that would be anywhere near Lebron's value, would be to trade him to a bad team. In that case, he may just decide to retire. Might be wrong here, but I think it would negate the trade.

The only other way would be to trade him to a good team with assets to burn, like Celtics. But I'm not sure they'd be all that interested considering his age and propensity for drama.

This.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are using The Stop as your proof? One play? First, Love had him near out of bounds so he couldn't go that way. Had help if he needed it. Curry actually got a decent shot off and just missed it. Not because he was hurt, but because he actually does miss shots. As much as I do like Love, I actually think he might have been given too much credit on that shot and have said as much. Curry makes that shot and they go on to win always wondered what happens in the aftermath.

Are you suggesting assists is not team dependent? You don't need your teammates to hit a shot for one to get the assist? That's the real "c'mon man".

OMG.

No.

I used my eyes to watch a player who was obviously hobbled.

I use stats to paint a very definitive picture of what I observed with my eyes.

I used common sense to understand that when a player rushes back from a knee injury sustained during the playoffs they won't ever get back close to full strength.

And I add all that together to draw the only conclusion a rational mind could possibly make:

And yes, you need teammates to make shots. But that doesn't explain a total that was half his average. The fact that Curry couldn't seperate and draw help does explain that however.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG.

No.

I used common sense to understand that when a player rushes back from a knee injury sustained during the playoffs they won't ever get back close to full strength.

And I add all that together to draw the only conclusion a rational mind could possibly make:

And yes, you need teammates to make shots. But that doesn't explain a total that was half his average. The fact that Curry couldn't seperate and draw help does explain that however.

Intelligent post.....

But it's separate. That's all I have to improve that post.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG.

No.

Did you use your eyes and see Curry playing 35+ minutes in nearly every game that he was needed? Did you see Curry play well in games 2, 4, and 6? Must have had the old "not 100% in odd game" syndrome.

I don't doubt he was hobbled some. Just as Kyrie probably was from a major knee injury that caused him to miss the first couple months of the season and some other games throughout the year. Just as Love was after he suffered a concussion during the Finals. Just as Lebron, who plays a ton of minutes, probably was not at 100%.

Curry hits that shot over Love and GS ends up winning I doubt there is much talk about him not being 100%.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we win more games than the Cavs.....

:hope: