• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading @bksballer89 last post about the Clippers, I'd like to deliver a PSA regarding them:

I'd like to formally apologize for all the Doc Rivers slander I've sent his way during the Lob City era. It's kind of funny how Doc's coaching is one of the real reasons the Clippers have been doing so well. Just so happens for me that my opinion of Doc's coaching got immediately better once Chris Paul left. Wonder if that's a coincidence....

almost there myself. who knew Rivers could actually coach...?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the river caught fire in the 70's. Almost 50 years ago

and, ill tell ya, there isnt smog like this in Cleveland

LA-smog.jpg

87 days of smog: Southern California just saw its longest streak of bad air in decades

could you even imagine breathing that in on a daily basis? :eek:

meanwhile, in Ohio, Lake Erie is doing very well-

A New Ohio Walleye Record? It Could Happen at Lake Erie This Year — Press Pros Magazine

This year the Lake is doing so well that it was a RECORD for walleye hatches in Lake Erie- a sign that the reforms are doing an amazing job.

I did read something saying that if you live within 20 miles of a highway in Cali then you are likely to have 10 years taken off of your life expectancy. Don't remember the exact numbers but it was something like that. Pretty mind boggling.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the different strokes, but seems you aren't getting what you pay for.
I'm paying for urban amenities, living in a place people visit from all over the world, and the dynamism of the engine of growth in this country. And my friends and neighbors are who I want to live among. I'm getting what I pay for, but boy I'm paying a lot LOL

The thing is, my peers all live like I do, and that's who I compare myself too not suburbans in Chicago or Dallas or wherever.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read something saying that if you live within 20 miles of a highway in Cali then you are likely to have 10 years taken off of your life expectancy. Don't remember the exact numbers but it was something like that. Pretty mind boggling.
Most made up bullshit is

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this time of year - NHL Playoffs are upon us, and the NBA is getting down to the nitty gritty.

Love watching the Greek Freak so fully expect them to win tonight vs the Pacers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep fighting the good fight..no matter how absurd this is.

Absurd?

Curry's Finals stats by season:

2015: 26.0 PPG, 5.2 REB, 6.3 AST, 4.7 TO, 44.3% FG
2016: 22.6 PPG, 4.9 REB, 3.7 AST, 4.3 TO, 40.3% FG
2017: 26.8 PPG, 8.0 REB, 9.4 AST, 3.8 TO, 44% FG
2018: 27.5 PPG, 6.0 REB, 6.8 AST, 2.8 TO, 40.2% FG

You think it is just a coincidence that his 2016 numbers are much worse than any other year?

The biggest drop off is in assists. Want to know why?

Easy. He couldn't use his dribble to seperate from defenders because he was injured. So he wasn't getting in the paint and creating for teammates nearly as much. Because he was injured.

But keep telling yourself otherwise if you want. It doesn't matter though. You got your title and nobody is taking it away.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the river caught fire in the 70's. Almost 50 years ago

and, ill tell ya, there isnt smog like this in Cleveland

LA-smog.jpg

87 days of smog: Southern California just saw its longest streak of bad air in decades

could you even imagine breathing that in on a daily basis? :eek:

meanwhile, in Ohio, Lake Erie is doing very well-

A New Ohio Walleye Record? It Could Happen at Lake Erie This Year — Press Pros Magazine

This year the Lake is doing so well that it was a RECORD for walleye hatches in Lake Erie- a sign that the reforms are doing an amazing job.
Well not to piss in your cherios or anything, but not all of Cali looks like that. lol It's amazing how many people who are not from, nor have ever lived in Cali think that this picture depicts what every city in Cali looks like. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is awesome to visit and a lot of fun- i have a good buddy that lives in Huntington Beach.....

but he lives in a box and his taxes are insane. and its not even like he has a bad job.

if I was really rich living in LA would be cool.....but if you arent rich it can be a pain in the ass. Lot of fun to visit, but the taxes, cost of living smog, traffic, earthquakes, wildfires, droughts....ill deal with the really crappy winters.

do they offer 100 year mortgages?
Typical of someone who knows not much outside of Ohio. It would do you some good to venture out & live somewhere else. But I get it. There are a lot of people who couldn't make it in this economy....so you're not alone. lol

And talk about crappy weather? Who would want to live in a place where you can experience all four seasons in the same week like in Ohio?? Not to mention it's partly cloudy all year round while being humid at the same time.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, it does suck to live in California at times. I live in the Bay Area and rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in SF is an average of 3k per month. The taxes are ridiculous.

I used to watch House Hunters all the time until I got super pissed off seeing home prices elsewhere. I was like "I could pay that shit cash right now!" and yet still not be anywhere close to actually buying a home half the size in the area I live.

You need at least a 20% down payment in SF and the median price of a home is somewhere north of like 1.2M. That means you need at least 300,000k cash up front. Even then you're looking at a mortgage in the range of like 5K a month. Then add property tax and insurance and you're upwards of 6k per month on a mortgage for a home. That's 72K per year on your home alone. Oh and the home that you bought for 1.2M is likely a 1,500 square foot, 3 bedroom 2 bath house.
No, you don't need 20% down anymore. If you are looking to buy look into gov. programs that will allow you to get into a home with between 1% -3.5% down. They are out there.

Not sure which area of the Bay you live in but you can find a reasonably priced home in the East Bay - East side of the Bay Bridge. Also can look in the Fairfield, Vacaville area too. Nice homes there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fair to call it a disappointment perhaps.

But a mistake?

I can see it now.

LeBron: hey Magic, I want to sign with the Lakers.

Magic: nah man. We good. Think we might be able to win 40 games with our current core. Good luck!

Would never happen.

Obviously you replied before you saw my next post on the topic.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised in SF and lived there for the first 26 years of my life. I definitely miss it and hate that I've been essentially priced out of the city I grew up in. It's not like I live far away, but just being able to say I live in the city was a source of pride for me.
I was born in SF too....but hated living there. Was glad my mom moved us out to the East Bay when I was round 10. I like visiting SF, and I work there but would NEVER want to live there again.

Thing is I want land when I buy real estate. And I absolutely would never want to live in a high rise building. Working in them is enough for me. The compromise is living in the surrounding cities where it's a bit cheaper and the city is very much still accessible due to the massive public transportation (mainly BART). Plus the weather on the other side of the Bay Bridge is much more pleasant if you like sun shine & warmer temperatures - all of which I like.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a non native and understand your pride. My kids were born here and I never want to leave
I'm lucky that I'm financially able to afford it but i can see the appeal of paying 1/8 what my house costs to live in a bigger place in the suburbs of Austin like my sister. Then again she lives in the suburbs of Austin! I'd die of boredom.

Basically, you get what you pay for, and different strokes for different folks
Exactly. Cali is amazing. We can surf on the beach & ski in the mountains all in the same day if we wanted to.

While some people think we have earthquakes often, it just couldn't be further from the truth. Realistically earthquakes can happen anywhere and aren't limited to Cali. We just happen to have a really big fault going through the middle of the state. The last major quake we had was in '89. I was 12. But states back East & in the South can set their clocks yearly for hurricanes & tornados. Not to mention all that freakin snow. I visited MO in the winter once almost 20 years ago....and haven't been back since- and that's only the Mid West. No thank you!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the great Bogut in his whopping 60 minutes had a -25.

Love, of course, came through with a solid Game 7, but that's none of my business.
For some reason you are stuck on Love. What is baffling is how you think he's such a great player, but how can one really determine that fairly since he can't stay on the court consistently?

How do you continue to compare him to other players - players that are healthy - without a consistent sample size? You cannot continue to cite his stats from previous seasons for two reasons.

1.He's not been healthy or consistent since joining the Cavs which means potentially very little growth/development in his game
2.Other players have developed & grown while he has been riding pine

You do get that he will never put up matching stats of his "good" seasons in Minny, right? You should start considering coming to terms with he isn't the same player & stop trying to compare him to players of his succeeding era.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the great Bogut in his whopping 60 minutes had a -25.

Love, of course, came through with a solid Game 7, but that's none of my business.
This game is about match ups. He will be great spelling Boogie - especially in games like the other night against Bos. GS is about putting the right players in the right match up - hence the death lineup.

Is Bogut going to shoot 3's, no. Is he going to stretch the defense? Most likely not. But what he will do is make life easier for our shooters by setting screens (he is one of the bigs that does this exceptionally well) and he will defend the rim (better than Boogie & Looney) and get you a few rebounds (not as many as Boogie, unfortunately) - flips quarter to @CitySushi. lol

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never be embarrassed for being a Laker fan. That's reserved for the typical bottom dwellers of the league, those teams without multiple trophies.

Drafts have been so bad? Coming from a Cavs fan, lol? Is your memory that short?

Russell was an all star this year, Randle is excelling in NO, Ingram is averaging 27.8 ppg since the all-star break, Kuzma was a late 1st round steal, trading Kuzma suddenly is being called a mistake, and even Bryant is emerging with the Wiz. Wagner finally got some run last night and looked pretty good. That seems like they've hit on just about all of their picks, even if some have been moved in trades or due to cap concerns (that's where the mistakes lie).

Nailed it, sir.