• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, um, I am officially on the Paul George train holy shit

He's having an MVP year. Problem is they only give out 1 of those and there are a couple others doing it too. And in one's case, he's got the best record, and best score differential, in the NBA, with no other superstars. And he's that good.

But bad luck for PG. Props on a dominant year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll never be embarrassed to be a Lakers fan? Well you should be.:heh: I mean how's your day going?

go celtics!

Been a Lakers fan for about 40 years. In the past 40 years, what team has done more to please their fans?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird retort after you said this in a previous post - "Can we borrow your time machine"

When was the last of those multple trophies?

In my 40ish years as a Lakers fan, they've won 10 championships, been to 16 finals, and were in the playoffs 32 times. Being embarrassed for a few bad seasons would be just stupid. No other NBA franchise comes close to that over those 40 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's coming from the point that the Lakers haven't drafted good enough, because they don't have the assets to do anything. Russell, and Randle have been great, and Bryant has been good, but that's not doing the Lakers any good. Plus drafting Lonzo where they did was a huge mistake. If they have Tatum or Fox a deal with NO probably gets done for AD.

No deal was getting done for AD regardless. The Pelicans refused to deal with the Lakers and strung them along (which got the GM fired, lol). They were dead set on waiting for the summer.

Lonzo wasn't a mistake and will prove as such over the long haul. Too many doubters can't look past his shooting to see everything else he does for the team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, they didn't because the young guys are in their feelings and the 1 year contract guys are who we thought they were.

I'm not buying that argument about the young guys. Lonzo is out (so who knows how he's taking it, but it hasn't impacted the team as much as his lack of availability), Ingram has been on fire since the allstar break, and Kuzma is still Kuzma. Hart has been limited by knee tendinitis and his shot has been AWOL all season. They may have initially been shocked by it all, but that only lasted a couple of games.

The misfit vets have been the problem. Rondo is only engaged on offense. Lance is Lance, which is a risky game to play. McGee's defense has really faded, while Tyson is AWOL and likely done. KCP doesn't know what a good shot is in the offense. Lebron is still pretty much Lebron, but he can't take the minutes like he used to and needs to accept that. We've all seen him taking plays off on both ends of the court, and he might as well be resting on the bench if he needs to do that to pace himself.

Injuries certainly haven't helped, as they force some of these vets into bigger minutes, and against starters instead of 2nd team players. Since the team is out of the playoff hunt, I really wish the Lakers would clean house of most of these misfit toys and get some guys off the street to fill out the roster (yes, including Melo if he doesn't find a playoff bound team interested). The team needs to let Walton show some control and weed out the trash.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chatter is just covering up for Magic. Lebron's no dummy and knows he should have shooters to spread the floor. This narrative came out AFTER Magic failed to get any.

Notice it's only chatter, and not anything Lebron said. Only thing I recall Lebron actually saying was he wanted smart players - and Magic brought in Mcgee, Lance, Beasley and Rondo.

Of those guys, Rondo's really the only intelligent player. With Rondo though, you also take the attitude.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses.

Your team just isn't very good.

Magic built a Shit roster around LeBron.

Injuries happen...

Trades happen...

Trade rumors happen....

The Lakers completely crumbled because that roster is the land of misfit toys.

Rondo is who we thought he was..

Lance is who we thought he was...

Tyson is cooked like we thought he was.

Your young guys are good, not great, like we thought they were...

Mcgee was a pleasant surprise.

Outside of him, when someone shows you who they are....

Believe them.

This.

And we really can't use injuries as an excuse. Lebron came back to this team and has been playing for a while even when they were in the thick of the playoff hunt. This team collapsed upon the AD rumors.

You really can't use injuries considering Indiana lost Oladipo months ago whom is their star player. And they're still ticking and playing at a high level. The Lakers need to undergo a significant face lift. Outside of Lebron, just about every player around him needs to be changed. And for Walton, this is just not the job for him considering he's not getting buy-in from Lebron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, injuries happen.....but we had more than our fair share and not many teams lose their starting and backup PG's......I doubt most teams even have to use their 3rd PG much.

You have Lebron who's a de facto PG. Have Rondo, Ball and Lebron all been injured for long periods at the exact same time?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuq outta here with this...lol

Didn't the Rockets have injuries?

Paul, Capela and Gordon?

Are they in 11th place?

Clippers?

We lose our #1 and #2 every single year to injury or trade.

Where are they, 7th?

You telling me that SGA and Shamet are better than Ingram and Kuz?

Indiana this year without Olidipo?

Top 4.

Heat without Dragic?

8th seed.

Celtics without Kyrie and Gordon last year?

ECF.

If you are still confused about Why the Pelicans prefer the Celtics youngsters over the LAkers, them making the ECF and you guys playing for ping pong balls should clear it up.

This gets my loins flowing. I miss you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans with the injuries excuse must stop lol

They out here acting like the other 29 teams don't deal with injuries.

NEXT MAN UP

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat literally played 2 games this year with their projected starting backcourt together

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No deal was getting done for AD regardless. The Pelicans refused to deal with the Lakers and strung them along (which got the GM fired, lol). They were dead set on waiting for the summer.

Lonzo wasn't a mistake and will prove as such over the long haul. Too many doubters can't look past his shooting to see everything else he does for the team.

Lonzo's a decent player. But at the #2 pick and the hype that came with him (most from his dad), it's fair to say that he's been a disappointment in his first 2 years. That, and his inability to stay healthy. He's not a scrub, but at the #2 pick, you should be playing close to an all star level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. He may visit over the summers, but his kids are in California schools now, with new friends there. Family complicates things.
Ball is eventually going to be a solid NBA player, but he is not nearly worth the #2 pick, especially when you have guys who look like true franchise players in Tatum and Fox that went right behind him.

plus, talent does not mean anything if you cannot stay on the court. As they say, availability is the best ability.