• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans with the injuries excuse must stop lol

They out here acting like the other 29 teams don't deal with injuries.

NEXT MAN UP
especially when no one on earth could have expected LeBron to play all 82 games again anyway.

especially when Lonzo Ball just looks injury prone.

especially when Rondo has missed plenty of games during his career for injuries as well.

especially when you are asking guys like Ingram and Kuzma- who have never played the stress of a full NBA season with games that meant something to carry such a heavy load for their first relevant season in their careers.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No deal was getting done for AD regardless. The Pelicans refused to deal with the Lakers and strung them along (which got the GM fired, lol). They were dead set on waiting for the summer.

Lonzo wasn't a mistake and will prove as such over the long haul. Too many doubters can't look past his shooting to see everything else he does for the team.

Lonzo was absolutely a mistake. He hasn't been good either season in the league. And there were a bunch of guys drafted behind him who are much better. Tatum, Fox, Markannen, Mitchell, John Collins, and that's just off the top of my head. He might turn it around but so far he's not lived it up to his draft pick position.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd?

Curry's Finals stats by season:

2015: 26.0 PPG, 5.2 REB, 6.3 AST, 4.7 TO, 44.3% FG
2016: 22.6 PPG, 4.9 REB, 3.7 AST, 4.3 TO, 40.3% FG
2017: 26.8 PPG, 8.0 REB, 9.4 AST, 3.8 TO, 44% FG
2018: 27.5 PPG, 6.0 REB, 6.8 AST, 2.8 TO, 40.2% FG

You think it is just a coincidence that his 2016 numbers are much worse than any other year?

The biggest drop off is in assists. Want to know why?

Easy. He couldn't use his dribble to seperate from defenders because he was injured. So he wasn't getting in the paint and creating for teammates nearly as much. Because he was injured.

But keep telling yourself otherwise if you want. It doesn't matter though. You got your title and nobody is taking it away.
Agree I think we get to keep the title no matter what, but in the 2016 Finals (which seems like the topic) Curry played well in games 2, 4 and 6.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not to piss in your cherios or anything, but not all of Cali looks like that. lol It's amazing how many people who are not from, nor have ever lived in Cali think that this picture depicts what every city in Cali looks like. SMH
Not as funny as those who talk today about a lake catching fire that happened 50 years ago....and wasn't a lake.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason you are stuck on Love. What is baffling is how you think he's such a great player, but how can one really determine that fairly since he can't stay on the court consistently?

How do you continue to compare him to other players - players that are healthy - without a consistent sample size? You cannot continue to cite his stats from previous seasons for two reasons.

1.He's not been healthy or consistent since joining the Cavs which means potentially very little growth/development in his game
2.Other players have developed & grown while he has been riding pine

You do get that he will never put up matching stats of his "good" seasons in Minny, right? You should start considering coming to terms with he isn't the same player & stop trying to compare him to players of his succeeding era.
I get you aren't good at following threads and are beyond irrational, but I'll try and help again.

Numerous times in this thread I've stated at 30 I don't see Love playing as well as he did in Minnesota in his mid-20s (like most players wouldn't). But he can still be a 20-10 guy who can drag his man outside and hit 3s.

Had another 20-15 game the other night which included three 3s. Not many have games like that if you weren't aware.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is about match ups. He will be great spelling Boogie - especially in games like the other night against Bos. GS is about putting the right players in the right match up - hence the death lineup.

Is Bogut going to shoot 3's, no. Is he going to stretch the defense? Most likely not. But what he will do is make life easier for our shooters by setting screens (he is one of the bigs that does this exceptionally well) and he will defend the rim (better than Boogie & Looney) and get you a few rebounds (not as many as Boogie, unfortunately) - flips quarter to @CitySushi. lol
did someone say otherwise? My comment when they signed Bogut was a solid signing. Even if he never even plays veterans like him are great to have around.

I get rational comments and posters who can be objective confuse you so just ask if you need help.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be in an area you want, but paying 2-3 mil for a home that could cost half a mil or less elsewhere isn't getting what you pay for.

If it's what you want, great.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are going to have one more year that is rough....

next year will still probably be a pretty damn rough year.

However, after next year, the books are totally clean besides Sexton, Love and Nance. Hopefully they resign Osman and work something out with him for like 10-15M a year.

Next year the Cavs have a TON of expiring contracts to move. It is going to be crazy to see what they can do:

-Tristan Thompson 18.5M expiring contract. A contender would LOVE to add him- a guy with toughness, unselfish and loads of playoff experience while getting off a bad contract.

-Jordan Clarkson 14M expiring contract. A contender would LOVE to add him- an ideal 6th man scorer for a playoff run.

-John Henson- 11M expiring contract. A contender would LOVE to add him- another rotation big that can play D and get up and down the court.

-Mathew Dellavadoa- 11M expiring contract. Again, a very nice backup pg that could play some D and hit a 3. Ill tell ya this- LeBron would love having him in LA to come off the bench.

-Brandon Knight- 15M expiring contract. IF he can get back into shape he would be a nice scorer for a team- or just a nice expiring contract for a team to get off some bad money.

This is going to be a 2-3 year rebuild and the short term pain is going to be offset by some nice boosts/speeding up of the rebuild. Almost 70M in expiring deals next year and most with pretty good role players that could help contenders.

Altman has done a pretty good job.
That's definitely the goal I think. Try and be relevant again after the 2019 season and into 2020. A lot of course would be aided by a top 1-2 pick in the next draft. Not sure what type of FAs we can attract even with a max deal or 2 to hand out.

What we receive for those player, obviously, will matter a ton. Can they get a stud player or 2 or will they just hope for more picks?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a Lakers fan for about 40 years. In the past 40 years, what team has done more to please their fans?
says the guy who doesn't think a time machine should be used when talking about the now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my 40ish years as a Lakers fan, they've won 10 championships, been to 16 finals, and were in the playoffs 32 times. Being embarrassed for a few bad seasons would be just stupid. No other NBA franchise comes close to that over those 40 years.
You realize the Browns were probably a model franchise for a long time, right? I get we have had more than a few bad years, but only a few were seen as embarrassing to many.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. He may visit over the summers, but his kids are in California schools now, with new friends there. Family complicates things.
I agree since he spent summers in LA as a Cav seems likely he'll stay there as a Laker.

But maybe now he can go back to Cleveland in the spring?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Lebron who's a de facto PG. Have Rondo, Ball and Lebron all been injured for long periods at the exact same time?
And he forgets the Cavs lost Kyrie until Christmas in 2017 and barely skipped a beat. They had no legit backup PG on the roster and used Shump and of course Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's definitely the goal I think. Try and be relevant again after the 2019 season and into 2020. A lot of course would be aided by a top 1-2 pick in the next draft. Not sure what type of FAs we can attract even with a max deal or 2 to hand out.

What we receive for those player, obviously, will matter a ton. Can they get a stud player or 2 or will they just hope for more picks?
that is he question.

Will they roll over their cap space again, and do what they did this trade deadline and take on bad contracts for picks? If so, they could acquire even MORE picks than they did this year because the guys they are giving up could all be solid role players on the acquiring team.

However, if they take back bad-money again that would obviously preclude them from entering free agency in the summer of 2020.

I mean, I dont know how long they are willing to wait. If they are willing to make their move in 2021, then so be it, but i dont think they want to go through 3 bad seasons. Maybe there is a happy medium in between where they dive somewhat into free agency in 2020 while taking on some bad money and then go back into it in 2021 when LeBron leaves the Lakers.

LeBron, if he kisses Gilbert's ring, could come back and play 3rd fiddle to Zion and whoever else we get. ;) nah......at that point - just move on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is he question.

Will they roll over their cap space again, and do what they did this trade deadline and take on bad contracts for picks? If so, they could acquire even MORE picks than they did this year because the guys they are giving up could all be solid role players on the acquiring team.

However, if they take back bad-money again that would obviously preclude them from entering free agency in the summer of 2020.

I mean, I dont know how long they are willing to wait. If they are willing to make their move in 2021, then so be it, but i dont think they want to go through 3 bad seasons. Maybe there is a happy medium in between where they dive somewhat into free agency in 2020 while taking on some bad money and then go back into it in 2021 when LeBron leaves the Lakers.

LeBron, if he kisses Gilbert's ring, could come back and play 3rd fiddle to Zion and whoever else we get. ;) nah......at that point - just move on.
Gilbert knows patience is needed, but not sure he'd be patient enough to wait until 2021 when he could have a clean cap a year earlier.

Definitely helps if they want to move on from TT and Clarkson that not only are they expiring deals but could also help a playoff team, so really any team could have an interest.

I wouldn't hate it at all if Lebron told Gilbert he wanted to come back and Magic said he'd allow it. Gilbert tells him he needs to think about it. Then a week or 2 later in a TV special tells him thanks but no thanks (assuming we get a top pick...otherwise I'll take him)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a Lakers fan for about 40 years. In the past 40 years, what team has done more to please their fans?

Mount Union football.:heh: In the past 26 years they have 13 national titles.:D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuq outta here with this...lol

Didn't the Rockets have injuries?

Paul, Capela and Gordon?

Are they in 11th place?

Clippers?

We lose our #1 and #2 every single year to injury or trade.

Where are they, 7th?

You telling me that SGA and Shamet are better than Ingram and Kuz?

Indiana this year without Olidipo?

Top 4.

Heat without Dragic?

8th seed.

Celtics without Kyrie and Gordon last year?

ECF.

If you are still confused about Why the Pelicans prefer the Celtics youngsters over the LAkers, them making the ECF and you guys playing for ping pong balls should clear it up.

lol

I know you like to bash the Lakers and get DJ in the process. But we all know that it's not about just the injuries.

Also, the Rockets still had Harden who is the one guy who could keep them above water with CP3 and Capela out. The Lakers lost the 1 guy who keep them above water. They could have lost anyone but Lebron and still likely been okay.

Pretty much everyone on here was predicting playoffs for the Lakers unless Lebron missed significant time. Well....Lebron missed significant time, they lost him at the same time they lost Rondo and it was at about the worst possible time in the season.

Lonzo has now missed 18 games, Kuzma missed a couple of important games and Hart has been playing on 1 leg all season. Now Ingram has been out for the last couple of games and he's the one guy who has actually played well since the all star break.

The AD debacle pretty much killed any chemistry the team had.

As for the Celtics, they are hardly looking like the team that made the ECF last year and if the played in the West, probably aren't in that much better shape than the Lakers.

In fact, if the Lakers weren't going through what they are, everyone would be talking about "What's wrong with the Celtics?" right now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I know you like to bash the Lakers and get DJ in the process. But we all know that it's not about just the injuries.

Also, the Rockets still had Harden who is the one guy who could keep them above water with CP3 and Capela out. The Lakers lost the 1 guy who keep them above water. They could have lost anyone but Lebron and still likely been okay.

Pretty much everyone on here was predicting playoffs for the Lakers unless Lebron missed significant time. Well....Lebron missed significant time, they lost him at the same time they lost Rondo and it was at about the worst possible time in the season.

Lonzo has now missed 18 games, Kuzma missed a couple of important games and Hart has been playing on 1 leg all season. Now Ingram has been out for the last couple of games and he's the one guy who has actually played well since the all star break.

As for the Celtics, they are hardly looking like the team that made the ECF last year and if the played in the West, probably aren't in that much better shape than the Lakers.

In fact, if the Lakers weren't going through what they are, everyone would be talking about "What's wrong with the Celtics?" right now.
agree with a lot of this, but no chance the Cs would struggle to make the playoffs in the West. I'd say 6th seed at worst.

Issues with your theories are even with Lebron back they have been losing a lot. sure, they have missed Lonzo, but teams have been missing players on his level or better and not fallen off a cliff.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I was referring to the Celtics last year.

Obviously, the injuries played a role.

But, @shopson67 can't have it both ways.

He says the team didn't quit.

Then that must mean the young guys and castoffs aren't as good as advertised.

It has to be one or the other and at times it was BOTH.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're 4-8 with Lebron back so I don't care about the injuries excuse because they were not several games out of playoffs position when he came back. Yes if Lebron stayed healthy, they're obviously a lock for the playoffs as a likely top 6 seed IMO but once he came back, playoffs were still very possible and likely to most of us on here

I would blame their season more on the AD debacle more than anything else.

Even with Lonzo out, they should be able to win 4 of 5 against the Grizzlies, Pelicans, Hawks, Suns, & Clippers

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans with the injuries excuse must stop lol

They out here acting like the other 29 teams don't deal with injuries.

NEXT MAN UP
It's ridiculous.

Didn't we hear all last year and over the Summer how the Kiddie Corps would be a playoff team just by natural progression?

So, either they aren't as good as predicted, the castoffs who we kept hearing how they improved their 3pt shooting are in fact journeyman material because of their play or their personalities...

Or, like I said....

THE ENTIRE TEAM QUIT.....lol

LeBron came back in time to turn it around.

They couldn't because he divided the locker room by playing GM.