• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it ends up being a pretty deep draft historically even if it doesn't have the star power others have.

Which makes this even worse than Bennett in that aspect.

Not to rub salt in the wound.

It's definitely looking like that. And I agree that does make it worse than Bennett. At least you were able to package him and other stuff for Love though. If this ends up being a good rumor we got an expiring and a 2nd rounder. Lol. What an epic fucking fail by Colangelo. I'm thanking God every day his wife had fake burner accounts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know going in I liked Tatum the most (I know a convenient thing to say) and was somewhat anti Ball but mostly because of my D Lo crush.

I remember Monk having some more incredible games at UK than Fox. The North Carolina classic for one.

I hate Duke so that colored my views on Tatum.

Monk was a better shooter at UK. Fox was better at everything else.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely looking like that. And I agree that does make it worse than Bennett. At least you were able to package him and other stuff for Love though. If this ends up being a good rumor we got an expiring and a 2nd rounder. Lol. What an epic fucking fail by Colangelo. I'm thanking God every day his wife had fake burner accounts.

I really can't fault Colangelo for this one. Dude just decided to stop shooting. Everything else about his game was good to really good. Well his aggression was a problem as well but that is common for you players.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signed a longet deal with Golden State last summer then he wouldn't have to worry about this.

He is a top player who will be a free agent this summer. Media and fans are going to talk about possible destinations for someone who will be a FA in less than 5 months.

Should have found a different profession if the media bothers him so much. Thing that annoys me with KD is this isn't the first time he is bitching to the media about something.

Sorry KD but as a top player, the media are going to talk about you a lot.

Who knew?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows? But he is a hell of a lot cheaper. Why not draft Zion and try to sign Kyrie and KD. A pipeline dream...
That would be ideal, of course. But if they trade for AD then you'd know you have him. All depends what you think of Zion. If you think he could be AD or even close you take him I think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be ideal, of course. But if they trade for AD then you'd know you have him. All depends what you think of Zion. If you think he could be AD or even close you take him I think.

I am thinking more of just rookie contract, I think having two great players around him could not only help in his development but take pressure off him. Getting AD is still a great move but you are looking at around $6-7M for a 19 year old or $30+M for a 26 year old. Zion may never be AD but Kyrie+KD would be lethal with Zion as a #3 imo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking more of just rookie contract, I think having two great players around him could not only help in his development but take pressure off him. Getting AD is still a great move but you are looking at around $6-7M for a 19 year old or $30+M for a 26 year old. Zion may never be AD but Kyrie+KD would be lethal with Zion as a #3 imo.

KD/Kyrie/Zion is a fun concept that should win a bunch of games but may never make a conference finals.

KD/Kyrie/AD is a championship winning team next year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone in the upcoming draft anyone is excited about outside of the top 3? Seems like Bol Bol could be a decent steal given his injury and former top 5ish projection.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more an indictment of Rich Paul than anyone.

He managed to bully the Cavs into paying Thompson and Smith.

But, he completely Shit the bed having KCP turn down 80 mil from Detroit and Noel 70 mil from Dallas.

Davis didn't hire him to negotiate a max contract.

There is no negotiating.

They picked him, or he sold them on, forcing his way to the Lakers.

I'm pretty sure every other Team out there wants to see Rich fail.

I'm tired of Rich Paul, I can only imagine what most NBA franchises feel.

Also wondering how much power Rich Paul will have in the NBA once Lebron inevitably retires.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I don't get the local angst for Gilbert. National I can understand, as he definitely comes across as unlikable.
I can't speak about the local angst.

You would know better than I.

But, nationally, it's people still hating on him because of the letter after Lebron's first defection.

...and on this site, the anti-Gilbert enthusiasts go after him mostly because we have been bombarded with page long dissertations on his deep pockets for the last 4 years.

Seriously, the character count used on that topic alone is obscene.

With that being said, He humbled himself enough to bring Cleveland a Championship.

For that alone, he has my respect.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD/Kyrie/Zion is a fun concept that should win a bunch of games but may never make a conference finals.

KD/Kyrie/AD is a championship winning team next year.

But this is never possible. You would only get two, that's the only reason I suggested keeping the pick and trying to get two max guys. They cant afford that trio.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant is the biggest bitch in basketball.

Stay your ass in Golden State where you can hide behind Steph since you hate the media so much

In the wrong profession if you feel this strongly about the media

New York may not be the place for him, lol.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of Rich Paul, I can only imagine what most NBA franchises feel.

Also wondering how much power Rich Paul will have in the NBA once Lebron inevitably retires.
*See David Falk after Jordan

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is never possible. You would only get two, that's the only reason I suggested keeping the pick and trying to get two max guys. They cant afford that trio.

Of course it is possible. It's not easy but it is possible.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York may not be the place for him, lol.

Weak-minded. He would never make it, especially with a guy like Kyrie alongside LOL. He should just stay in GS and win, he will never be better than Lebron bc he is on a stacked team but at least he will have a ton of rings. It's crazy how much he has changed from OKC to now...such a little bitch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard it mentioned...assuming the 1st is from Houston, right?
yah its from Houston- so it should not be a great pick- but shit- the Cavs have added 2 1sts and 6 2nds and only gave up Kyle Korver and George Hill.

Gilbert is stepping up and opening that check book to give the rebuild a kick in the ass.

He has added Henson, Delly and Knight to next years payroll at a cost of about 45M dollars.

Those guys will all be expiring next year though which is key- the Cavs did not have to take back any bad money going past next year.

there is a significant chance that all of those guys are re-packaged in trades next year for even more picks/assets.

The whole Cleveland roster is expiring next year pretty much except for Cedi, Nance, Sexton and Love.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TY for cheering me up.

Serious bro-mance pending.
Not trying to be your 3rd wheel, would just add if they make it playoff Lebron an entirely different animal to look forward to.