• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawk, what do you think he's worth?

You should be willing to take pesos on the dollar if it allows you to keep your core four together.

Then you trade him in the offseason if that is necessary.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DyxnBshWoAAyUTj.jpg

I don’t feel so good Mr. Cuban”
#InfinityWar

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to look at Ben Wallace and wonder how someone can be so athletically gifted yet not even be capable of dribbling a basketball with any level of skill lol. Let's not even talk about shooting
I remember telling friends I'd beat him in HORSE if no dunks and layups and they said I was nuts. I'm certain of it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you trade him in the offseason if that is necessary.
Do you think you currently have enough to get out of the East?

If so, keep him.

If not, pack his Shit.

That's basically what this comes down to.

You have 2 starters that can bolt if they don't like their roles or if they don't feel like sacrificing a few million is worth it to be a 2nd round out.

Seems like a silly thing to risk for a guy who gives you nothing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the rest of the replies on here, so I am sure this has been covered.

But you are making a fool of yourself with comments like this.

With Butler, it is debateable. If you have to take one to be the franchise cornerstone, I am taking Butler, but my team won't be very good if either is my best player. As a 2nd option though? Give me Klay all day. Klay has been the 2nd option on a championship team and he is the ideal complimentary player because he is always a threat and he doesn't need to play with the ball in his hands like Butler does.

Tobias Harris is a nice player, but it in the same tier as Butler and Klay. Not even close.
You pretty much call them even and also say not even close.

You are fighting with yourself. I'll sit back and watch.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Philly, yes.

He can't help you and his salary mucus up the books this Summer.

He was a horrible #1 overall pick.

He may never live up to it.

But, he still has a chance to contribute to a team.

It just needs to be one with lower expectations.

Maybe Orlando is a good place.

At this point he's clearly worse than TJ. If we are able to keep TJ(have no clue what his contract situation is) Fultz won't see the court with Smith coming back and of we resign JJ. Fultz is Anthony Bennett 2.0 IMO. We just waited to long to let go he has next to no value.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a better fit for just about everybody. I agree you don't want him as a creator, but even then I think he could maybe be a number 1 option a la Reggie Miller. Klay is like Reggie 2.0 with better defense.

You would definitely need to run a smart system based on a ton of ball movement and off ball screens for Klay, but I think it might not be completely terrible. Like maybe that team could make the playoffs if they were really well coached and had some good role players in place.

Like others have said, Klay as a #2 is straight money. Every star wants a Klay Thompson on their team. Butler is a headache.
Yet on his own team Klay is not a 3 and more than likely the 4th best player. Before Durant was #3.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and his camp have botched this AD and Luke Walton situations pretty badly so far, especially the AD part. If they really wanted him in LA, it would have been better for him to say he wants out in the Summer but after Boston or other teams had made other moves to lock in their rosters (think how like Kawhi got traded in late July). But trying to bully their way into now just pisses everyone off and gives New Orleans less incentive to give in.
This is more an indictment of Rich Paul than anyone.

He managed to bully the Cavs into paying Thompson and Smith.

But, he completely Shit the bed having KCP turn down 80 mil from Detroit and Noel 70 mil from Dallas.

Davis didn't hire him to negotiate a max contract.

There is no negotiating.

They picked him, or he sold them on, forcing his way to the Lakers.

I'm pretty sure every other Team out there wants to see Rich fail.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the rest of the replies on here, so I am sure this has been covered.

But you are making a fool of yourself with comments like this.

With Butler, it is debateable. If you have to take one to be the franchise cornerstone, I am taking Butler, but my team won't be very good if either is my best player. As a 2nd option though? Give me Klay all day. Klay has been the 2nd option on a championship team and he is the ideal complimentary player because he is always a threat and he doesn't need to play with the ball in his hands like Butler does.

Tobias Harris is a nice player, but it in the same tier as Butler and Klay. Not even close.

Klay is the PERFECT complement to Steph Curry because he is a high quality defender and excellent shooter which creates a ton of space for their offense.

I'm not entirely sure that he would be viewed the same on another team. If he played for the Rockets or Celtics his general lack of shot creation might be considered more of a negative.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point he's clearly worse than TJ. If we are able to keep TJ(have no clue what his contract situation is) Fultz won't see the court with Smith coming back and of we resign JJ. Fultz is Anthony Bennett 2.0 IMO. We just waited to long to let go he has next to no value.

That thing that really has to smart is they could've had a contributor with most any other pick. A potential star in Tatum or Fox (although I don't recall Fox being thought quite that high)

He's your guys Darko (although maybe not as bad considering three Hall of famers taken right after Darko)) so let's hope you all can take this nucleus and do some things anyway.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That thing that really has to smart is they could've had a contributor with most any other pick. A potential star in Tatum or Fox (although I don't recall Fox being thought quite that high)

Fox was taken 6th so he was thought of pretty highly.

For me I wanted Fultz No. 1 and Fox No. 2.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not shitting on this kid.

But, I'd rather have Exum, Ball.

What kinda return do you expect to get on a 10 million dollar a year executive towel waver?

It's time to cut bait.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox was taken 6th so he was thought of pretty highly.

For me I wanted Fultz No. 1 and Fox No. 2.

I know going in I liked Tatum the most (I know a convenient thing to say) and was somewhat anti Ball but mostly because of my D Lo crush.

I remember Monk having some more incredible games at UK than Fox. The North Carolina classic for one.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not shitting on this kid.

But, I'd rather have Exum, Ball.

What kinda return do you expect to get on a 10 million dollar a year executive towel waver?

It's time to cut bait.

I agree. I'm just saying we probably should have done something this past off-season when his value was probably higher.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know going in I liked Tatum the most (I know a convenient thing to say) and was somewhat anti Ball but mostly because of my D Lo crush.

I remember Monk having some more incredible games at UK than Fox. The North Carolina classic for one.

Coming out the 4 guys I liked the most were Tatum, Isaac, Markkanen and Zach Collins. I'd obviously be happy with any of them over Fultz.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out the 4 guys I liked the most were Tatum, Isaac, Markkanen and Zach Collins. I'd obviously be happy with any of them over Fultz.

I think it ends up being a pretty deep draft historically even if it doesn't have the star power others have.

Which makes this even worse than Bennett in that aspect.

Not to rub salt in the wound.