• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen at least two Warriors fans on here say Klay can't do anything but catch and shoot on offense.

He's as good as it is at that but yes that depends heavily on creators.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how 2015 doesn't exist to some people. Or 2016.

Stop living in the past dammit!!! The Cavs did steal 2 with a shit roster but Lebron had to go for 40 a night LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else posted yesterday and I'm inclined to agree. The Celtics are just trying to make sure this gets pushed to the off-season in the hopes that AD will change his mind.

If he doesn't, then I would expect that the Celtics offer will be a good bit less than what they are talking about now.
I think it really just depends why he wouldn't want to go to Boston if this really is the case. If it's really because of what they did to IT I would think ainge could smooth that over in a conversation.

As mentioned, All they did to IT was exactly what AD wants the Pels to do....trade him to a team with Lebron. I could see the angst if IT had years left on his deal though.

Reactions: LAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen at least two Warriors fans on here say Klay can't do anything but catch and shoot on offense.

He's as good as it is at that but yes that depends heavily on creators.

I truly believe Klay could not be a #1 but he is a beast #2 in the right fit. That's why the W's are so dangerous, he fits in perfect and now he is a beast #3. Great shooter and defender.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the least the pelicans can do is atleast talk to the fucking lakers..

Apparently, the problem isn't that the Pels won't talk to them. It's that every time they do, they are asking for more.

From what's being said out here. The conversations have been going like this:

Lakers: Here's our offer.

Pels: We'd also like...

Lakers: Ok, let's do it.

Pels: Ya know, we'd also like...

Pels: Oh and we also want...

Pels: On second thought, we also want.

Lakers: Call us when you get serious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it really just depends why he wouldn't want to go to Boston if this really is the case. If it's really because of what they did to IT I would think ainge could smooth that over in a conversation.

As mentioned, All they did to IT was exactly what AD wants the Pels to do....trade him to a team with Lebron. I could see the angst if IT had years left on his deal though.
its all bullshit

he wants to go to LA so he will sell whatever narrative he can to get Boston to try and back off

but when the rubber hits the road- and if Boston trades for him and he sees Kyrie Irving next to him with a bunch of other solid players- and he has to turn down his Bird Rights contract ot take millions upon millions less- it becomes a much different conversation.

If I am Boston i would not be scared off one iota.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude makes 19M next year

id assume Miami is attaching something to him wouldnt ya think? ' i mean who knows i guess.

Don't know. I thought TJ was one of the steals of the league when he was playing at $6.5 mil. But when that contract ballooned up to $19 mil, no thanks. The irony of this is he loved and wanted to stay in Miami. Had he agreed to spread his contract out evenly for the Heat, he likely wouldn't have been in trade talks. Instead, he thought it was right to sign Brooklyn's contract.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said Love could not be the #2 option on a good team. Love was the #2 option on a Finals' team. No, how he became the #2 does not matter in this discussion.

I would hope no one would disagree with that other than you.
And whom ever that someone was that said that was correct- especially in relation to the Cavs. When they acquired Love, he in fact was NOT their #2 option. Why do you not understand that concept?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take Klay over thsoe guys- mostly because I think Butler is a crazy asshole- but it is without a doubt true that we have never seen Klay outside of an environment thats perfect for him

In the Finals- Klay was never the guy I was scared of- you just have to make sure he is not open on the 3 pt line- you are def not afraid of Klay putting the ball on the floor.

Seeing Klay without 2 top 5 players in the NBA spreading the floor for him- in a situation where he had to be the #1 option offensively would be interesting.

Just as far as pure talent goes- Butler is a more talented NBA player than Klay Thompson- but Butler is crazy and is a bad teammate and if push came to shove id prob. rather have Klay.

It would be very interesting to see Klay be put on a team where he has to do more than take open shots made for him by Kevin Durant and Steph Curry to see what he is reaely made out of.
I would definitely give you the attitude of each helps Klay, though he's struck me of a somewhat prickly person at times....He is the only one I do not recall shaking anyone's hand after GS lost the Finals.

If we are only talking talent/ability, though, give me the guy (or guys with harris) who can do more. Not saying you are saying this, but do the others in this discussion really think GS would struggle even a little if Butler or Harris replaced Klay based on his talent (so assuming not a locker room issue)?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels probably feel like they don't need to counter as there is no rush for them. lol

The Pels are playing a bit of a dangerous game. They are gambling that Rich Paul can't drive down the offers from other teams.

If they win, then good for them.

But if they don't, they'll end up getting less than the Lakers are offering right now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I learned on the Hoop today:

1) 2nd Round picks are worthless.

2) Klay Thompson's only been in the NBA for 2 years.

Yikes.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Klay is no doubt much better than Butler and Harris. More people that don't know bball...though I already knew that about you.
Well I don't have 2+ days to help explain to you why Klay is the better player. But if nothing else we absolutely share the same opinion about one another.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop living in the past dammit!!! The Cavs did steal 2 with a shit roster but Lebron had to go for 40 a night LOL

Facts is facts. I didn't say shit about Lebron. The Klay disrespect is real.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the problem isn't that the Pels won't talk to them. It's that every time they do, they are asking for more.

From what's being said out here. The conversations have been going like this:

Lakers: Here's our offer.

Pels: We'd also like...

Pels: Ya know, we'd also like...

Pels: Oh and we also want...

Pels: On second thought, we also want.

Lakers: Call us when you get serious.

Yep and the Pels have all the power right now, which sucks. The Lakers have no other bidders to establish ground with. The Pels probably figure, "Ohh well if we can't get everything from the Lakers we will just wait till the offseason, our team sucks either way."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whom ever that someone was that said that was correct- especially in relation to the Cavs. When they acquired Love, he in fact was NOT their #2 option. Why do you not understand that concept?
You really go to great lengths not to say you are wrong. What is the penalty if you did? Lengths you go I have to think it has to be severe so I really am curious.

Try and follow. I'll do this like a remedial logic class for you

someone said Love cannot be a #2 on a good team
Love was a #2 on a Finals' (good) team
That someone was wrong.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe Klay could not be a #1 but he is a beast #2 in the right fit. That's why the W's are so dangerous, he fits in perfect and now he is a beast #3. Great shooter and defender.

This is the most sane thing posted. I guess the premise that Jimmy Butler or Tobias Harris would be a better #1 is absolutely arguable. But if you're looking at at #2 player or lower, Klay is the obvious choice every time.

Warriors won a championship and had another season of 73 wins with Klay undisputedly as their second best player. And this is coming from the biggest Draymond fan here on the site.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely give you the attitude of each helps Klay, though he's struck me of a somewhat prickly person at times....He is the only one I do not recall shaking anyone's hand after GS lost the Finals.

If we are only talking talent/ability, though, give me the guy (or guys with harris) who can do more. Not saying you are saying this, but do the others in this discussion really think GS would struggle even a little if Butler or Harris replaced Klay based on his talent (so assuming not a locker room issue)?
he was the fool that tried to make fun of LeBron after the Warriors took a 3-1 lead.