• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This latest Lakers-Celtics subplot would be dead by now if Ainge had been scared off, but sources say Boston — which can’t trade for Davis until this summer because of the well-chronicled “Rose Rule” — is continuing its complicated pursuit of the five-time All-Star in spite of the message being sent through various channels that he doesn’t want to play there. A source with knowledge of the talks said the potential centerpiece in a Pelicans package, 20-year-old Celtics small forward Jayson Tatum, has been discussed extensively by the two teams and is expected to be a major part of the talks when June rolls around.

Someone else posted yesterday and I'm inclined to agree. The Celtics are just trying to make sure this gets pushed to the off-season in the hopes that AD will change his mind.

If he doesn't, then I would expect that the Celtics offer will be a good bit less than what they are talking about now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone being a cavs' fan matter in this discussion. A good poster bases his comments on the post. Not the poster. If wiggy were saying what you are I'd openly tell him I disagree.

No to your question as they have a slightly lesser version of Klay in Redick.

The gap between Klay and Reddick is about the same as the gap between AD and Love.

It is huge.

Klay is far more than a shooter. He is one of the premier 3 and D players in the nba and he can guard 1-3. Reddick can't even guard his own position.

While they have similar skill sets offensively, Klay is better there too. But comparing a defensive liability to one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and saying "Reddick is a slightly lesser version" shows your lack of understanding.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their not going to find another deal that good.. Basically all of lakers young core.. and draft picks..
So let's break this down.

Ingram hasn't progressed from years 2-3 like expected
Ball is no where near the talent everyone expected him to be now in his 2nd year
Kuzma is a good scorer but can be streaky and doesn't defend consistently

Why do you think that is the best package they can get when Bos can offer Tatum, Brown & better picks? Add to that he & Kyrie are already friends and it's not impossible for him to not only get traded there but also like playing there & stay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI- he was only the #2 because Kyrie left lol
FYI, that is irrelevant to my comment and the comment to which I replied. I get you are contractually bound not to admit your gaffe, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap between Klay and Reddick is about the same as the gap between AD and Love.

It is huge.

Klay is far more than a shooter. He is one of the premier 3 and D players in the nba and he can guard 1-3. Reddick can't even guard his own position.

While they have similar skill sets offensively, Klay is better there too. But comparing a defensive liability to one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and saying "Reddick is a slightly lesser version" shows your lack of understanding.
maybe wait and see what Klay does when he's not a 3-4th option on a team? He's a shooter. Not much more. a solid defensive player? sure, but if he was an average shooter he's not even in the league.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, that is irrelevant to my comment and the comment to which I replied. I get you are contractually bound not to admit your gaffe, though.
lol pointing out HOW Love became the #2 option is irrelevant to you pointing out he was the #2 option on a good team - in relation to your now 4-day rant about how great of a player he is.

Riiight :martini:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe wait and see what Klay does when he's not a 3-4th option on a team? He's a shooter. Not much more. a solid defensive player? sure, but if he was an average shooter he's not even in the league.
Now we have to "wait & see" because you, yet again, have been proven wrong?? :dhd:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We established that pretty clearly over the past few days. This is just more confirmation.
If you agree and think it's foolish to question Klay being better than Harris and Butler it is you who doesn't understand the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol pointing out HOW Love became the #2 option is irrelevant to you pointing out he was the #2 option on a good team - in relation to your now 4-day rant about how great of a player he is.

Riiight :martini:
Someone said Love could not be the #2 option on a good team. Love was the #2 option on a Finals' team. No, how he became the #2 does not matter in this discussion.

I would hope no one would disagree with that other than you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have to "wait & see" because you, yet again, have been proven wrong?? :dhd:
So you think Klay is no doubt much better than Butler and Harris. More people that don't know bball...though I already knew that about you.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better overall Marcus Morris or Tobias Harris?
I think Morris is a great fit with Bos & I thought Harris was a great fit with the Clips as they didn't have a franchise player. It will be interesting to see how well Harris fits in with Simmons & Butler. I am thinking Butler will take the move personal as if Harris is his replacement & that could be problematic in terms of the team's chemistry. It will definitely be something to keep an eye on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Klay is no doubt much better than Butler and Harris. More people that don't know bball...though I already knew that about you.
id take Klay over thsoe guys- mostly because I think Butler is a crazy asshole- but it is without a doubt true that we have never seen Klay outside of an environment thats perfect for him

In the Finals- Klay was never the guy I was scared of- you just have to make sure he is not open on the 3 pt line- you are def not afraid of Klay putting the ball on the floor.

Seeing Klay without 2 top 5 players in the NBA spreading the floor for him- in a situation where he had to be the #1 option offensively would be interesting.

Just as far as pure talent goes- Butler is a more talented NBA player than Klay Thompson- but Butler is crazy and is a bad teammate and if push came to shove id prob. rather have Klay.

It would be very interesting to see Klay be put on a team where he has to do more than take open shots made for him by Kevin Durant and Steph Curry to see what he is reaely made out of.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He won a championship as a #2 player on his team. That count?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how 2015 doesn't exist to some people. Or 2016.