• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from before LeBron left dicklick- wiating for your mea culpa...

"ill be the first one to criticize lebron when he deserves it- like the Kevin love- fit in- dont fit out- text---- the Decision, his passive aggressiveness at times, undermining Blatt at times. LeBron is far from perfect and does some strange things at times. Responding to idiotic comments that Phil clearly meant as disparaging is not one of those times."

"LeBron has done PLENTY wrong.

I hated how he just ran Blatt out of town and didnt even give him a chance. Of course, the Decision, how he was passive-aggressive with Kevin Love via social media instead of being straight up with him--- GIVING UP in Game 5 vs. Boston was just pathetic- one of the worst performancesi have ever seen out of a big time player....LeBron is far far from perfect and does weird shit that i dont agree ----

but in the grand scheme of things- the guy is an all time great- has an all time great work ethic- is an all time great teammate, and has been amazing for the community.

Does he open his mouth and write shit on social media sometimes that is stupid/weird/totally unnceessary? yah......

but in the grand scheme of things that stuff is NOTHING compared to what he brings to your team, your culture, your c

I didn't read any of that. How many times do I have to tell you I don't read any of your long winded rants?

Tell you what though. Instead of having to read anymore of your thoughts about LeOuttaTown let's change the topic. And to show you I'll maybe stop questioning things you say about your ex favorite NBAer how about if I send you some frozen Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Next topic. What do you think of Pat Riley & Hassan Whiteside?:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Hell Happened to Darius Miles? | By Darius Miles

unreal

absolutely unreal story

his was a different time, man. This was the peak of the Sterling era. I mean, we used to literally practice at a damn JUCO. A junior college. In South Central.

Editor’s note: You couldn’t even shower. The showers were those old-school joints with the one big-ass pipe in the middle of the floor with the spouts sticking out every which way. Half of ’em broke. It was ridiculous.

We had players pulling up to a JUCO parking lot in Inglewood driving Aston Martins and Ferraris. Random dudes were coming out of class, walking across the cut, like “Yooooooooooooooooo!”

I mean, me and Q, we were used to it. It was nothing. We grew up in that environment.

But you know, we had Eric Piatkowski coming from South Dakota, and he was just like, “Yoooooooo, what the hell is going on? Get me outta here.”

We didn’t know any better. We’re thinking this is the NBA. But then I remember we went to Dallas for a preseason game, and we rolled up to their locker room and saw what they had going on. And we were like, “Yooooooo!”

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read any of that. How many times do I have to tell you I don't read any of your long winded rants?

Tell you what though. Instead of having to read anymore of your thoughts about LeOuttaTown let's change the topic. And to show you I'll maybe stop questioning things you say about your ex favorite NBAer how about if I send you some frozen Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Next topic. What do you think of Pat Riley & Hassan Whiteside?:heh:
f8b974a31a1ee009644c7dee281d1fb1

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Twitter had existed back then, it would’ve been a wrap.

Editor’s note: A wrap.

We used to have Alvin Gentry losing his damn mind. We literally showed up for Day One of training camp with Super Soakers.

Editor’s note: Big dumb-ass Super Soakers with the shoulder strap and everything.

I remember we busted in and we were terrorizing everybody, and the OG Derek Strong just looked up from his locker, cold as ice, as he goes, “Don’t you be shooting me with no water.”

We were just kids ― all of us. Me. Q. Lamar Odom. Corey Maggette. Keyon Dooling. We were like a college team. We used to roll everywhere together at least five deep. Imagine in this day and age, five NBA players rolling up to the damn mall together, walking into Macy’s, like What’s Good?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Hell Happened to Darius Miles? | By Darius Miles

unreal

absolutely unreal story

his was a different time, man. This was the peak of the Sterling era. I mean, we used to literally practice at a damn JUCO. A junior college. In South Central.

Editor’s note: You couldn’t even shower. The showers were those old-school joints with the one big-ass pipe in the middle of the floor with the spouts sticking out every which way. Half of ’em broke. It was ridiculous.

We had players pulling up to a JUCO parking lot in Inglewood driving Aston Martins and Ferraris. Random dudes were coming out of class, walking across the cut, like “Yooooooooooooooooo!”

I mean, me and Q, we were used to it. It was nothing. We grew up in that environment.

But you know, we had Eric Piatkowski coming from South Dakota, and he was just like, “Yoooooooo, what the hell is going on? Get me outta here.”

We didn’t know any better. We’re thinking this is the NBA. But then I remember we went to Dallas for a preseason game, and we rolled up to their locker room and saw what they had going on. And we were like, “Yooooooo!”
this dmiles article is absolutely unreal.

I know its over a few sentences so some simpletons would have difficulty with it (cough cough @Wamu), but i am telling you- it is absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, you gotta remember, we’re 18, 19 years old. So we land in L.A. thinking we about to have a superstar girl, and we’re about to be running the city. But then you realize you’re still a teenager and you can’t really get down like that. So mostly we were playing PlayStation and doing dumb stuff. Then about a month later, we finally get our moment. Alonzo Mourning invites us down to Miami for Zo’s Summer Groove.

For those who don’t know, Zo’s Summer Groove is legendary. Actors, singers, ballplayers. It’s like a whole week of camps for the kids, and cookouts, and parties. Iverson’s gonna be down there. Marbury. Gary Payton. Lenny Kravitz. Tommy from Martin.

We’re like, It’s on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only game I would be willing to bet money that you lose is Toronto.....

....and that's only if Kawhi plays.

Like the Celtics, the Lakers don't actually suck.

They are just underachieving because they are incorporating so many new players.

Like I said, they could win them all, they could lose them all.

One thing I will say is that the guys who I expected to disappoint the most, JaVale and Lance, are actually surprising me the most. Early season of course but I like what I have seen so far.

Personally, I think the Lakers lose to the Nuggets tonight. I think there will be some exciting moments and there will be some close calls but ultimately they'll lose.

That being said, key guys like Lebron and Kuzma played less than 30 minutes last night and sat out the entire 4th against the Suns so I hope they'll be as fresh and rested as it gets for a B2B

Anything can happen.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn now it sounds like Portis is gonna miss 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. Dunn and Lauri are already gonna miss time, this team just can't catch a break.

It's gonna be another looooooong season.

Here's me getting ready to watch a Bulls game...

tenor.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

after 4 games? you have to got be shitting me.

Looks like we can count on Bogdon to shoot 78% from 3 for the rest of the season!

Looks like Blake Griffin is gonna lead the NBA in scoring this season!

Looks like Damian Jones is gonna lead the league in FG%!

LOL oh man.....too funny

Yeah. It is 4 games. But you literally said there is no chance in hell he would average 8 and that I was crazy to suggest it was even a possibility.

He is averaging 16.25 right now. That number will go down. But it won't be under 8. Because McGee is getting the minutes and there is absolutely nobody in LA to take them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tel lya- the Cavs may be a train wreck right now- and there are just a bunch of leftover parts that really do not mesh, not much talent, few young guys that will stick, just awful to watch- but at least this is the bill to pay for 4 amazing years.

the Wiz actually have talent but are just a busted mess. They havent won shit in years upon years. They are poorly coached, poorly managed, poorly led on the court. They get so little out of what they have and its not just the coach, or Wall's leadership or the GM- its all of it- its just big stinking mess. It almost reminds me of how the Browns have been in that way- though the Wiz have had more talent than the Browns for a while now (though the Browns are finally turning the corner at least talent wise). They need to fire everyone and bring in a good young GM with some new ideas, a new team President, a new coach. Just raze it all to the ground and build something with some pride because this Wizards team is just a stinking un fun to watch mess of a team from top to bottom.

I agree with all of this.

Will never happen though. The franchise has not been well managed in my lifetime.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It is 4 games. But you literally said there is no chance in hell he would average 8 and that I was crazy to suggest it was even a possibility.

He is averaging 16.25 right now. That number will go down. But it won't be under 8. Because McGee is getting the minutes and there is absolutely nobody in LA to take them.
that is a fair point

in the valley of the blind the man with one eye is king.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fucking game for the Dodgers.....they need a win and a split here before going back to Los Angeles.

So is Boston going to get the trifecta this year with the BoSox, Patriots, and Celtics?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

I also do this to show that Curry is not a lesser player than he was during his two MVP seasons. If anything he's better. But he's deferring at a substantial rate. If he wanted to be selfish, he could still set the league on fire.

Not that it's necessarily members of this forum, but people continually disrespect Curry. Gotta let them hear it when I can.

Curry is great. A legit top 5-6 player.

But, I also think part of the problem was that he was a tad overrated during his MVP years, just as he is a tad underrated now.

Truthfully, he has always been somewhere between 4-6.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a fair point

in the valley of the blind the man with one eye is king.

So,

Since clearly you aren't wrong, you still want o make that bet?

I will bet any amount of VCash you want that McGee averages over 8 PPG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has to qualify though

if he is averaging like 10 points a game and then gets his ass benched because they pick up like some schlub like Greg Monroe off waivers then and he finds his ass glued to the bench then i win.

if so deal.