• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey this seems very minor IMO

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report...llege-football-host-adnan-virk-232255234.html

New details emerged Monday about the details of the leak, per The Post, which reports that Virk leaked information to sports media site Awful Announcing about ESPN not bringing back “Baseball Tonight” as a daily show. The story also included news about Major League Baseball letting ESPN get away with having less baseball studio shows it had agreed to contractually.

ESPN had a conference call about “Sunday Night Baseball” that the network believes Virk tipped off to Awful Announcing. Sources said the “premeditated nature” of the outreach alarmed ESPN.

When the conference call took place, Virk was not on the whole time, and the specific information about the future schedule for baseball was actually not discussed.

Virk followed up right after the call with Phil Orlins, the senior coordinating producer, asking specific questions about the direction of baseball at ESPN in regards to its scheduling. The questions matched what appeared later that day in the Awful Announcing article.

Virk’s camp was reportedly surprised that he was fired, thinking he’d get a suspension. Now, The Post says, Virk is planning a lawsuit against ESPN.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens before the deadline, I think it will be because of AD apparently not including the Celtics on his list.

I don't see Ainge giving up much of anything for what he would know going in was a 1 year rental.

With the Celtics out of the picture, I'm not sure there's much reason to wait now.

They could wait for the Knicks (to get that #1 and be able to include DSJ in the deal).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ A Lakers fan complaining about tampering...

giphy.gif

Well, it's not quite the same as ex-teammates making a trade for lesser talent than offered by the Lakers (KG)....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The news crawl on my phone just stated 4 firsts, not 4 firsts and 2nds. If their only increase to the deal is two second rounders, that's nothing. 2nd rounders can be bought to replace those should the Lakers feel the need. Lakers don't currently have a 2019 2nd, so they would be future 2nds to boot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news crawl on my phone just stated 4 firsts, not 4 firsts and 2nds. If their only increase to the deal is two second rounders, that's nothing. 2nd rounders can be bought to replace those should the Lakers feel the need. Lakers don't currently have a 2019 2nd, so they would be future 2nds to boot.

Here's what I'm thinking. I just told my brother this, I think they're making these ridiculous requests because deep down I think they prefer Boston players and would like to wait until the summer to talk trades with Boston.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2 year deal Parker signed is going to be a 1 year deal....he'll be looking for a new home this summer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing what he did with the Cavs roster...I will never count him out especially with a player like AD but they need to fill this roster out a bit before the trade deadline. I know the goal is next year but they are still in position to make the playoffs.
Cavs 2017 roster with Kyrie was far better than what LA would be left with and had no shot against GS. 2018 roster? AD of course better than love, but I think rest of Cav roster is much better than what LA would have left.

Still surprised LA did not make a move for Korver (or maybe they did).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him taking less, but he will have to. They still want to add a #3 and Redick isn't a #3. James will get what he wants...like he did on the Heat and Cavs...shooters around him. Watch
Right....was so comical when they failed to get any and claimed that was the plan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I get it. NOT sure you do though.

A player's trade value is about a lot more than what they do on the court. You have to weigh their actual production to the team against what they make.

A guy like AD who is a top 5 player is an obvious max. You want him in a long term deal no matter the cost. More years increases his trade value. A guy like John wall, on the other hand, has a long term deal that is way too expensive given his production, injury risk and risk that he has a negative impact on chemistry. He is a good player, but he is actually a significant liability in terms of trade value because of his miserable contract.

Kevin Love is a lot closer to a bad contract than a good one. So he would have a lot more trade value if still on a short term deal. There are teams that will trade for him even now, because his contract isn't John wall toxic, but it isn't good either.

The only way Cleveland gets quality picks back in a Kevin Love trade is if they take on even worse contracts. If they had had simply kept him on the deal he had without the extension, the Cavs would be looking at a multi-first round pick haul in a Love trade. But, they extended him long term and killed his trade value.

Ironically, the ONLY people who don't get this are Cleveland fans. That should tell you something.
The idea you think Love is more valuable when he can leave as a FA is comical. Should have read that first as I would have just skipped the rest.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"One player not offered in any deals for Davis was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, a sixth-year guard who does have the ability to control his destination. Caldwell-Pope, who is playing on a one-year deal worth $12 million, is not interested in being traded to New Orleans. Although Caldwell-Pope and the Lakers had been looking for a landing spot, one person unauthorized to speak publicly said Caldwell-Pope is unlikely to be traded."

Good, swapping him for Parker makes no sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are proving with every post that you don't understand the economics of the NBA.

Cleveland did not get a first rounder rounder in return for George Hill. They got a first rounder in return for taking 2 years of bad contracts in exchange for 1.

$17 million of George Hill's $18 million contract in non-guaranteed if the Bucks waive him before 7/2. Hill will 100% certainly be waived this summer. Meanwhile, Delly and Henson are both in fully guaranteed contracts for next season.
Yep....and the Cavs plan would be to have money not after this season or even next but after the 2020-21 season. So the first they got, for them, is an asset they want.

so as far as the Cavs are concerned, they got a first rounder for nothing but willingness to spend a little extra when they didn't need the cap room....an asset.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"One player not offered in any deals for Davis was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, a sixth-year guard who does have the ability to control his destination. Caldwell-Pope, who is playing on a one-year deal worth $12 million, is not interested in being traded to New Orleans. Although Caldwell-Pope and the Lakers had been looking for a landing spot, one person unauthorized to speak publicly said Caldwell-Pope is unlikely to be traded."

Good, swapping him for Parker makes no sense.
Whoa...stop the presses. An unnamed source saying a deal is unlikely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about PG. Magic took it for granted that PG would sign in the off-season and paid for it.

But Pop wasn't trading Kawhi to the Lakers. He'd have settled for a bag of old basketballs and a half eaten egg salad sandwich before he sent Kawhi to the Lakers.
I think with the circumstances we're in I agree, but believe if LA made him the best offer Kawhi would be a Laker.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are really willing to lose AD over distant future draft picks?

If you lock up AD, those picks aren't going to be lottery.

It is a lot, but AD is worth it.

When you have Lebron, you cash in and put everything on the table. If it results in giving up 4 1st round picks, then so be it to get AD. Do Lakers fans really want another PG scenario happening again where they miss out in free agency? And as you mentioned, while you have Lebron, those 1st round picks are going to be late draftees.

And I'm also not sold on any of the Lakers' young nucleus either with the exception of Kuzma. But if you're going to ask me whether I want to gamble on Kuzma's continued growth or AD right now to pair with Lebron; I think I'll gamble on AD.