• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens before the deadline, I think it will be because of AD apparently not including the Celtics on his list.

I don't see Ainge giving up much of anything for what he would know going in was a 1 year rental.

With the Celtics out of the picture, I'm not sure there's much reason to wait now.
What if they love one of the college kids and want to see where the Knicks pick?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ainge will give up so fast.

KG said the same thing about not wanting to play in Boston....we see how that ended up
Never mind I've never heard Davis say he wouldn't play there. He said NO should do what is best for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't offer anything right now because Irving is on the team.....and I doubt they offer Irving for AD because Irving wouldn't think of re-upping there. Plus they want AD and Irving.
Are they not allowed to make proposals that could go through in the summer?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest. Don't get why Rondo is in the deal.

I mean, whatever NO wants they could get, but I would haggle over that one. Because Rondo, AD, and Bron might get you to the West Finals if the matchups work out right. And Rondo is WAY more valuable to LAnthan his 1 year would be to NO.

He's matching contract dollars, since they haven't included KCP in the deal. They are trying to get KCP a trade where he can get starters minutes (since he shares an agent with Lebron, of course), hence the Bulls rumor for Parker. That trade doesn't balance however (Lakers need to include another $3M in salary at minimum).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind I've never heard Davis say he wouldn't play there. He said NO should do what is best for them.

...and didn't include Boston on his list of teams he would sign an extension with. His father was MUCH more outspoken, but whether that reflects AD's opinion, we don't know.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I'm thinking. I just told my brother this, I think they're making these ridiculous requests because deep down I think they prefer Boston players and would like to wait until the summer to talk trades with Boston.

They can wait if they like, but don't expect what Ainge might say today to hold up this summer. If he feels he has an edge, he'll get stingy and drive down his offer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and didn't include Boston on his list of teams he would sign an extension with. His father was MUCH more outspoken, but whether that reflects AD's opinion, we don't know.
No doubt it's possible, but I'm more inclined to believe Davis than reports from unnamed sources.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but he has actual sources. Just projecting what you read of Ainge's intentions is not the same thing.
OK, but he is guessing. Teams wont tell Woj or anyone their real plans or trade offers. why would they?

Are they telling him fake info? Maybe, but anyone could make that up and put it out there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's possible, but I'm more inclined to believe Davis than reports from unnamed sources.
His father?
Sure, but he has actual sources. Just projecting what you read of Ainge's intentions is not the same thing.
Translation

Unidentified sources = Please God, I don't want this to happen.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but he is guessing. Teams wont tell Woj or anyone their real plans or trade offers. why would they?

Are they telling him fake info? Maybe, but anyone could make that up and put it out there.
Lmfao @ you trying to convince us, and yourself, that Woj doesn't have sources.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are wanting 4 1st rounders now LOL geez just decline and move on already. Wait until the summer and you can trade with Boston and get what you want out of the deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this doesn't happen, it will be interesting to see if the Kiddie Corps can remain professional.

I mean if an offer for their whole team doesn't work...the Lakers better hope these young players turn out to be good LOL They are gonna have to settle for Beal alongside Lebron and that's it. Obviously revamp the supporting cast but who else could they go after?

KD, Kawhi, Kyrie and Klay the 4 big K's don't seem interested

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are wanting 4 1st rounders now LOL geez just decline and move on already. Wait until the summer and you can trade with Boston and get what you want out of the deal.
The crux of the issue is, the Lakers have nothing that Trumps Tatum.

One Tatum is worth more than Ball and Ingram.

So, yeah....they need to overpay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not believing that. It’s the Celtics. You really believe if they were to make the Finals he wont sign long term? I dont believe that for a second

It's been reported by both Shams and Woj, so it's likely a legit list.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have Lebron, you cash in and put everything on the table. If it results in giving up 4 1st round picks, then so be it to get AD. Do Lakers fans really want another PG scenario happening again where they miss out in free agency? And as you mentioned, while you have Lebron, those 1st round picks are going to be late draftees.

And I'm also not sold on any of the Lakers' young nucleus either with the exception of Kuzma. But if you're going to ask me whether I want to gamble on Kuzma's continued growth or AD right now to pair with Lebron; I think I'll gamble on AD.

Sure, and the money aspect is a huge part of it. Getting AD this year allows the Lakers to chase another max contract this summer, but if they have to wait until free agency to get AD, that will eat up a bigger chunk of the cap, limiting their options to surround him a bit. Plus, there will be decisions to be made on some of these youngsters coming up.