• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Well....

He's better than Lonzo.

Kuz is better offensively. But, he provides the resistance of wet spider webs defensively.

Ingram is Harrison Barnes.

But, collectively Brogdon, Maker and what else?

Middleton, brogdan, thon, DJ Wilson who has been good, donte, a few picks

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,749.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With AD, there's no reason for another max. A high 2nd tier player would work just as well with a Lebron/AD tandem.

Yeah, somebody like Redick would be perfect.....he's not a true #3 but when you have James and AD.....he'd get wide open looks all game long.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,749.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, people are sleeping on brogdan, kuzma and brogdan are close

Milwaukee is a longshot in the AD sweepstakes.....if you want, we can place a wager on him not getting traded there.....I'll go as high as you want to.

Edit: Damn, you only have 200?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee is a longshot in the AD sweepstakes.....if you want, we can place a wager on him not getting traded there.....I'll go as high as you want to.

Bucks haven't even put in an offer, that isn't even a fair bet LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to digest a little longer before just seeing a Love and AD mention and think my comparison meant Love was as good.

I was told the Cavs were foolish to extend him and should have moved him. The comparison is with the extension he is more tradeable if a team is acquiring him for his talent as they know he cannot leave.

Bro, I get it. NOT sure you do though.

A player's trade value is about a lot more than what they do on the court. You have to weigh their actual production to the team against what they make.

A guy like AD who is a top 5 player is an obvious max. You want him in a long term deal no matter the cost. More years increases his trade value. A guy like John wall, on the other hand, has a long term deal that is way too expensive given his production, injury risk and risk that he has a negative impact on chemistry. He is a good player, but he is actually a significant liability in terms of trade value because of his miserable contract.

Kevin Love is a lot closer to a bad contract than a good one. So he would have a lot more trade value if still on a short term deal. There are teams that will trade for him even now, because his contract isn't John wall toxic, but it isn't good either.

The only way Cleveland gets quality picks back in a Kevin Love trade is if they take on even worse contracts. If they had had simply kept him on the deal he had without the extension, the Cavs would be looking at a multi-first round pick haul in a Love trade. But, they extended him long term and killed his trade value.

Ironically, the ONLY people who don't get this are Cleveland fans. That should tell you something.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,749.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving me gray hair in my goatee.....one of these days I'll give in and get Just for Men.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving me gray hair in my goatee.....one of these days I'll give in and get Just for Men.

Use shoe polish instead. It's cheaper & lasts longer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The delusional ones are the guys ripping Gilbert and the Cavs FO who have been far more successful than LA in recent rebuilds in success and time to complete the rebuild.

You get this is an opinion, right? They got a 1st rounder for George Hill, but cannot get an asset of any kind for Kevin Love? That's delusional.

You are proving with every post that you don't understand the economics of the NBA.

Cleveland did not get a first rounder rounder in return for George Hill. They got a first rounder in return for taking 2 years of bad contracts in exchange for 1.

$17 million of George Hill's $18 million contract in non-guaranteed if the Bucks waive him before 7/2. Hill will 100% certainly be waived this summer. Meanwhile, Delly and Henson are both in fully guaranteed contracts for next season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm confident he isn't going to mke anyway haha

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an unrelated topic for a second. Belichick smiled after the game last night & pulled a muscle.