• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline is this week, wonder if it'll be busy or not. I'd like to see the Raptors do something good at the deadline.

I hear John Wall is available.

Interested?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East coast > West coast

east.GIF

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
My daughter plays that song with him and Post Malone * waits for Msgkings to Google that name too * incessantly.

Post Malone I've heard of. My daughter likes him. He sucks though

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post Malone I've heard of. My daughter likes him. He sucks though
The 9th graders I teach LOVE Post Malone... girls and guys.

I stop short of calling them all pussies... but just barely.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's awful. And I'm not anti all new music. Nor all modern hiphop. But he's turrible

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron must be bored with the SB, he sending Tweets asking where the NBA reporters are at.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Ramen and vienna sausages with Kool-Aid at the WH for the Pats.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My younger step-daughter loves him. But mostly because it is obligatory.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to know what he leaked because unless its some top secret plans that blew a billion dollar deal, this is some bullshit. If its contract details, plenty of people leak that shit all the time. And ESPN should realize 85% of the business is built on people leaking details to the media so they shouldn't be dumping one of their best guys when media reporters get details leaked to them. This isn't gov't secrets. Who cares.

He won't be out of a job for long though. Adnan rocks. Solid pro. Can work any sport and does Hollywood stuff as well. He was great on radio too when he would fill in for SVP back in the day.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA got great momentum on their side right now.

They completely owned superbowl week and the superbowl was freaking trash.

Trade deadline this week followed by the AS weekend next week.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know what he leaked because unless its some top secret plans that blew a billion dollar deal, this is some bullshit. If its contract details, plenty of people leak that shit all the time. And ESPN should realize 85% of the business is built on people leaking details to the media so they shouldn't be dumping one of their best guys when media reporters get details leaked to them. This isn't gov't secrets. Who cares.

He won't be out of a job for long though. Adnan rocks. Solid pro. Can work any sport and does Hollywood stuff as well. He was great on radio too when he would fill in for SVP back in the day.

Yeah.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is going to do LeBron. You are right about that.

no. I don't think Miami necessarily did more. In fact it can be argued that they actually did less. But LeBron also left there first chance he got.

Why would he have no faith in Gilbert?

Maybe his first 7 years in the NBA, the letter Gilbert wrote, the fact that Gilbert dragged his feet on some of the contract situations like TT and JR. who knows, it might not even have anything to do with basketball. It might just be mutual dislike.

You are a Cleveland fan and you like your owner. Great for you. I wish I could say the same for my team. But I see quite a few obvious reasons Lebron would be less trusting of Gilbert

for you and anyone who thinks Lebron cared about a FO when he chose where to go. some tidbits about the team and FO he joined (with occasional comparisons to the team you keep ripping)........Mind you, these are nearly all facts. No baseless guesses.

1) In the 6 seasons since they were relevant, they have played in 1 playoff series and lost.

2) They won between 17-27 in all seasons but last year where they won 35 games.

3) The Cavs, OTOH, were at rock bottom when Lebron surprised them and left the first time. Took them 3 seasons to become a team for which he'd want to play again, and they went to the Finals in year 1, taking GS to 6 without his top running mates. Then proceeded to beat a team no one else has beaten and won a title.

4) The Lakers? They have signed Timofey Mozgov for a $64 mil deal and had to move a stud PG in order to rid themselves of that deal to free cap space for 2 max FAs. They only got one of them, as guys from LA declined to play in LA.

5) Team Lebron joined, if they had minimal brain power, could have Russell, Randle, Tatum, Lebron and still room for a max player. They let Randle walk on a 2 year, $18 mil deal. You want to say they moved Russle to dump the Mozgov deal, how about not signing Mozgov to the deal? was probably a reason he barely played in the Finals in 2016.

6) To back up a little, in 5 years after starting their rebuild LA would not be close to a team Lebron would want to join if winning were the goal. Cavs were such a team after 4 years.

7) It is clear to anyone without an agenda Lebron was leaving and Cavs' FO nor best chance to win mattered to him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just compare AD to Love?

The problem for NO is that most of the teams in the market for AD don't have tradeable assets that will help the Pelicans rebuild. There is a short list of teams that make trade partners and whoever lands him will give up a ton.

Love is totally different.

Before the extension Contenders would gladly give 2 firsts and an expiring contract for Love because it helps them win this season as a short term rental. Most of those teams are less willing to take on Love because you have to commit to a 30 year old who doesn't defend for the next 4 years at $120 million.

Davis' trade value is hurt because everybody wants him for the next 5 years and he is only under contract for 1.5. Loves value is hurt because while teams might want him today, they don't want him at that price for the next 4.

Couldn't have picked a worse comparison there.
You might want to digest a little longer before just seeing a Love and AD mention and think my comparison meant Love was as good.

I was told the Cavs were foolish to extend him and should have moved him. The comparison is with the extension he is more tradeable if a team is acquiring him for his talent as they know he cannot leave.