• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should check out their first 6-7 years in the league when each was on a bad to middling team.
Why does this matter today when 1 has clearly excelled in terms of effectiveness while the other has regressed?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY where I'm coming from... :10:
It's really not that complicated.

You put up with Harden and his severe allergies towards defense because he's so good on the other side of the Ball.

But, Jabari Parker gets a DNP-overpaid Fucker won't defend because he's average.

Ditto for Davis and Love.

That's without even mentioning age.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making a topic because I figure most of the people that would know about it post in here so

Have any of you seen this 21 Savage situation? He got arrested by ICE today and is likely getting deported...TO BRITAIN.

WTF. Apparently he's whole persona is fake. He actually immigrated here as teen from the UK on a visa which expired over a decade ago. Lol, this is nuts

He's worth about 8 million.....doubt he goes anywhere......as we've learned.....if you have cash......there are different rules for those who have that kind of money.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a scoring wing if you keep Drummond.

Stanley Johnson is likely a bust.

But, if you do ship Andre out, I hope it isn't for Marc Gasol.

I saw that rumor last week.

Just........no.

Just don't think you can win in the modern NBA building around big men with mediocre guard play.

40 years ago the opposite was true. But the 3 point line, advanced analytics and defensive 3 seconds has changed everything.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is a change your franchise type of player. Love not so much. HUGE difference. HUGE.

Yeah...and Mecca put Love in the BG category which is fair..... but I think most would take BG over Love.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a worse starter i the NBA than Avery Bradley?

I love SG-A.

But, the Clippers have the worst starting backcourt in the NBA by a mile.

If not for Lou, I wouldn't need to qualify that statement with the word " starting ".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...and Mecca put Love in the BG category which is fair..... but I think most would take BG over Love.

Yeah, the only reason I think it might be a legit debate is because BG is making about 25% more than Love is over the next 4 years.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Cle brought him to play w/ LBJ then tried to change how he plays was detrimental. He's never recovered from that IMO.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a worse starter i the NBA than Avery Bradley?
Shame.

He had a decent niche with the Celtics in his time here... improving steadily every season.

What do you think the issue is? Is his heart just not in it anymore? (I don't follow the Clip's too close so I just don't know)

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the only reason I think it might be a legit debate is because BG is making about 25% more than Love is over the next 4 years.

In fairness, BG is earning that contract. He might have his share of injuries but he's having a great season. 26ppg, 8rpg, 5apg. And he's a draw for the fans so they can sell the seats in their arena. Which is a huge reason they traded for him. They didn't have a star player at the time.

Love has played in 4 games this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know supermax contracts have not had the impact the NBA has wanted in terms of enticing star players to resign with the teams that drafted them instead of taking the AD route, but I do anticipate 1 major change in the horizon.

The $ figures have gotten so crazy that I do think we will see fewer non-elite players get offered max contracts. Contracts of guys like John wall and CP3 are going to make teams think twice before committing that kind of money to a non-superstar.

And that is good for the league. Because players like Mike Conley and Gordon Hayward should not be making superstar money.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC better be glad PG signed that extension. RW has been TURRIBLE scoring the ball this season. Just Atrocious.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think you can win in the modern NBA building around big men with mediocre guard play.

40 years ago the opposite was true. But the 3 point line, advanced analytics and defensive 3 seconds has changed everything.

I hate be a broken record but had the Pistons hit on any of their lotto picks this is a different team. That's what has killed them. Bullock and Smith are good depth pieces but the rest are trash. And yes I agree you have to have the pieces from guardplay.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know supermax contracts have not had the impact the NBA has wanted in terms of enticing star players to resign with the teams that drafted them instead of taking the AD route, but I do anticipate 1 major change in the horizon.

The $ figures have gotten so crazy that I do think we will see fewer non-elite players get offered max contracts. Contracts of guys like John wall and CP3 are going to make teams think twice before committing that kind of money to a non-superstar.

And that is good for the league. Because players like Mike Conley and Gordon Hayward should not be making superstar money.

Agreed there should be a bigger disparity between LeBron and the likes of those you mentioned.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame.

He had a decent niche with the Celtics in his time here... improving steadily every season.

What do you think the issue is? Is his heart just not in it anymore? (I don't follow the Clip's too close so I just don't know)
Part of it is injuries.

He's been declining since you sent him to Detroit.

Lack of loyalty debate aside, Danny Ainge is terrific at shipping guys out a year early, instead of a year to late.

He still plays decent defense.

But, he's only still here because his 2nd year is a team option.

He's just a placeholder deal in case a top player gives us a look.

It's possible I'm being a bit harsh with him.

I have serious issues with Balmer knowingly employing alleged rapist.

He's done it in the front office and now with Bradley.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the league can incorporate some kind of pay bracket that would equally apply to all teams. The bracket would be determined by things such as stats & games played. In terms of trades, FA moves teams can only offer said player money based off his bracket so that every team has equal ground in terms of salary.
Thought about this off the top of my head so of course there would need to be major details/tweaks to make it efficient. But, the premise could be a starting point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate be a broken record but had the Pistons hit on any of their lotto picks this is a different team. That's what has killed them. Bullock and Smith are good depth pieces but the rest are trash. And yes I agree you have to have the pieces from guardplay.
....and Bullock was the Clippers pick.

Honestly, it goes back to that Smith contract.

But, at least they didn't compound the situation by overpaying Monroe or KCP.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making a topic because I figure most of the people that would know about it post in here so

Have any of you seen this 21 Savage situation? He got arrested by ICE today and is likely getting deported...TO BRITAIN.

WTF. Apparently he's whole persona is fake. He actually immigrated here as teen from the UK on a visa which expired over a decade ago. Lol, this is nuts

Shocker of the day. Who knew he was from the UK

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching NBA TV.

Marc Gasol in Toronto?

Would that be a good pickup?

I think Deandre Jordan would do well there and in Houston.

I don't even know who they would trade to match salary.

Valencunis and who?