• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone enjoy today's SB action. Time to go across the street to my bro-n-laws for the party. I'm feeling a little lazy so I might Uber it over there.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I think Love plays D better than most give him credit. I'd say he's below average, but not awful I agree with most of your assessments on each player.

I think a big difference is a team will actually try and stop Love when he has the ball. Most would beg Green to take the shot.

To be clear, none of my comments are implying Green is not a very good player. Only that the idea he is clearly better than love is absurd and I'd bet most think that's the case.

Love clearly outplayed him in both the 2017 and 2018 Finals. Ironically, the one the Cavs won, Green was much better (was probably series MVP if they won).

Green was definitely series MVP as his absence was what got Cleveland that title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is probably one of the hardest contracts to move but I also understand the Cavs paying him because we'll....they have to spend it on someone and he is a solid player who actually wants to be there.

Yes and no.

They didn't have to extend him last summer. Gilbert should have known they would be bad this year.

If Love were still on a short term deal, the Cavs could get multiple firsts in a deal. Now, because they did, they took away his trade value and they are stuck in a dilemma. Do they risk their tank by playing him to prove his health? Or do they keep sitting him?

That extension was a collassal mistake given the state of the Cavs roster. And most here called it right even when mainstream media thought it was a good deal for Cleveland.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hood is a guy that you would think can help, them you watch him play and you realize the first time you really need him to make a shot it’s not happening.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High quality B-ball in Boston right now... both the C's and the Thunder playing well... fun to watch two teams that both care about defense.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

They didn't have to extend him last summer. Gilbert should have known they would be bad this year.

If Love were still on a short term deal, the Cavs could get multiple firsts in a deal. Now, because they did, they took away his trade value and they are stuck in a dilemma. Do they risk their tank by playing him to prove his health? Or do they keep sitting him?

That extension was a collassal mistake given the state of the Cavs roster. And most here called it right even when mainstream media thought it was a good deal for Cleveland.

I think the Cavs realized they were engaging full tank mode and just wanted to keep one guy from the good old days for nostalgia for the fans honestly.

Agreed he'd fetch a nice sum on the trade market and the Cavs would've been better off taking bad contracts for picks but that doesn't sell tickets.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High quality B-ball in Boston right now... both the C's and the Thunder playing well... fun to watch two teams that both care about defense.

Thunder not shooting it well yet and have had some defensive lapses. Hopefully they clamp it down in the 2nd half.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs realized they were engaging full tank mode and just wanted to keep one guy from the good old days for nostalgia for the fans honestly.

Agreed he'd fetch a nice sum on the trade market and the Cavs would've been better off taking bad contracts for picks but that doesn't sell tickets.

I think it was about ticket sales, but also possibly about the Cavs FO overestimating the prospects for their team this season.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder not shooting it well yet and have had some defensive lapses. Hopefully they clamp it down in the 2nd half.
Both teams working hard on defense... both teams making the extra pass on offense and overcoming... fun to watch.

OKC shooting better than 50% from 3... so, quit complaining. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paul George is really freaking good. His offensive game has come a long way. Dude is unguardable.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at Adams and you think this guy is not that athletic, then about 8 times a game he shows you he is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers would have "hit" one one of their 5 lotto picks, and traded one for say Paul George (which they had the opportunity to do) in all likelihood they are sitting here with LeBron/George/AD

your post could not be more stupid and off base if you tried.

no one hits on all their picks- for example- the Sixers totally whiffed on Okafor, Noel, and Fultz--- but at least they drafted Simmons, Embiid , Saric, etc.

the Cavs and 76'ers also both ahd the werewithal to rent out their cap space for additional picks- additional darts to throw at the dart board during their rebuilds.

No one hits on everything- but the Cavs drafted Irving and used the Wiggins pick to get Love, TT was a huge part of their run, Waiters was dealt in the deal for JR and Shumpert and Mozgov around that time was traded for with extra picks the Cavs got for renting out cap room. No one hits on everything but the Sixers drafted Simmons, Embiid, and used 2 other draft picks- COvington and Saric to trade for Butler

The Lakers were bad for what? 6 years? What did they do beside draft disapointing players and sit on their picks? They hit big on ZERO of their picks ----- unless you count Russell who they gave away for cap relief. Who did the Lakers trade for?

The Sixers and Cavs missed on plenty of their picks- but they also hit BIG FUCKING TIME on some of them and made smart deals.

If the Lakers had one iota of sense and would ahve hit big on one of their picks and traded one of their picks for a big time talent- like the
Sixers AND Cavs BOTH DID- they would be fucking unstoppable- but instead they dont have one marquee asset to trade, not one marquee player that they drafted after 5+ years of sucking balls.

get a fucking a clue.

and lol-- it was fun watching Cedi Osman whoop your Wiz's ass the other night- even if it meant a little worse draft position- ill def. continue to enjoy your hometown team being the most incompetent franchise in the ENTIRE NBA.

LeBron James hurt you didn't he?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would love to have Love if he had KCP's contract

Sure, but he doesn't.....getting paid an insane amount for an injury prone player. That contract will haunt the Cavs in a few seasons.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but he doesn't.....getting paid an insane amount for an injury prone player. That contract will haunt the Cavs in a few seasons.

My comment was entirely in jest

I know the Lakers wouldn't take on Love and that deal