• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the NFL, it's a tough game to officiate. Guys moving very fast and many of them in the same area. This isn't like baseball where there is rarely more than 2 around a play and not much to look for other than safe, out, catch or no catch.

Fans whose teams lose blame refs.
The NBA should've been implemented a 4th ref on the floor to help clean things up. Too many refs are making calls based on what they presume a player might do. That's far from efficient.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you were the one that cried because I said klove was hurt too much for my tastes...

My opinion...

Do kindly write your congressman if you don't like it...
Just wondered why you mind Love missing games but not AD. Correcting is not crying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that.

But every roster decision in the NBA needs to be viewed through the lens of the players' contract vs. his actual production. That is always implied in this forum.

Love is a good player, but not an attractive trade asset because he is on a long term contract, has a lot of miles on his tires with an injury history and he is a flawed player because he doesn't defend.

The Cavs aren't getting anything significant back for him unless they take back an even worse contract. Because there are some NBA execs (not all) who view Love's pact as one of the worst 10 contracts in the entire league.
You get this is opinion, right? Most NBA execs know 20-10 guys who can make 3s don't grow on trees. They appreciate team players who will adjust their game to help the team and don't cause trouble in the locker room.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Houston needs size.

I'm hoping they get Deandre Jordan if he gets bought out.
Is Capela out a while, or does he move to PF? Agree Houston could use some size either way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is going to start talking about 2nd round picks in......

5, 4, 3, 2.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make it simple....

Would you rather have Mike Conley Jr. or Spencer Dinwiddie?

I'm going Spencer for 12 mil per.
So am I.....and while there are certainly players I'd take over Love due to contract, there are more that I'd take Love over.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Has everything to do with the agitation of LeBron James... no doubt.

Suck for Luke, but the franchise (LBJ) has voted against him.
Funny how the team went from defending Luke in the media before LBJ went there to now fighting with him after only half a season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is probably one of the hardest contracts to move but I also understand the Cavs paying him because well....they have to spend it on someone and he is a solid player who actually wants to be there.
Exactly......cavs are not a team who can attract top level FAs so why save the cap room. If they had cap room it would be spent on a second level star like Love.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

The LAKers could have done better, but you acting like the Cavs are some shining example of how to draft is a joke.

The Cavs had 3 #1 overall and 2 4s in a 4 year span. Yeah, they hit on Kyrie and traded Wiggins before he had a chance to disappoint, but fact is their draft haul was very underwhelming considering the unprecedented lottery Luck.

The only reason the Cavs were relevant was because the greatest player in basketball choose to resign there.
This was for you too @dtgold88

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to "correct" an opinion, don't you think...?
Nope. If my opinion were Lebron was not very good I suspect you might try and refute it.

You claimed you were so worried about missing games. I only pointed out the guy you are hoping your team gets has missed just as many over the last half a decade or so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was for you too @dtgold88
Not sure why. I've never maintained otherwise. Of course, without Gilbert's willingness to spend and their success in their tank job he does not return.

PG is from the LA area, right? Gys don't have to play where they are from.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

They didn't have to extend him last summer. Gilbert should have known they would be bad this year.

If Love were still on a short term deal, the Cavs could get multiple firsts in a deal. Now, because they did, they took away his trade value and they are stuck in a dilemma. Do they risk their tank by playing him to prove his health? Or do they keep sitting him?

That extension was a collassal mistake given the state of the Cavs roster. And most here called it right even when mainstream media thought it was a good deal for Cleveland.
You see NO struggling some to get the best deal for AD but think the cavs could move Love with no assurances he had to stay beyond this season?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if they locked them out and kept them locked out as long as it took to allow teams to franchise their own players like the NFL.
I bet you wouldn't mind since there are no winning days in sight for Cle. SMH

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs realized they were engaging full tank mode and just wanted to keep one guy from the good old days for nostalgia for the fans honestly.

Agreed he'd fetch a nice sum on the trade market and the Cavs would've been better off taking bad contracts for picks but that doesn't sell tickets.
More tradeable with no assurances he would stay with the team who acquires him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was about ticket sales, but also possibly about the Cavs FO overestimating the prospects for their team this season.
Latter is possible, but they've tanked and done it well before. Thinking they figured that would be the plan.