• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 197165

Yeah, Cowherd just said the the Lakers have officially offered Lonzo, Kuz, Ingram, Zubac and a #1.

Still don't think it happens before the deadline.

I'd love to be wrong.

Things are going to be interesting though.
Bro, go get Zingers for half that.

This year is a wash anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 197165

Yeah, Cowherd just said the the Lakers have officially offered Lonzo, Kuz, Ingram, Zubac and a #1.

Still don't think it happens before the deadline.

I'd love to be wrong.

Things are going to be interesting though.

I mean even if they were to float that somehow. What's that starting lineup looking like? feasible. you have two stars.

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
AD
Mcgee

Actually not bad for just this season. I actually like that lineup but they wouldn't have much of a bench. All they would need is 8 to 9 deep in the playoffs.

Add in:

Stephenson
Hart
Tyson
Beasley :eyebrows:

I'm sure they would make some more small moves before the deadline.

All that being said, I don't see it happening lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean even if they were to float that somehow. What's that starting lineup looking like? feasible. you have two stars.

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
AD
Mcgee

Actually not bad for just this season. I actually like that lineup but they wouldn't have much of a bench. All they would need is 8 to 9 deep in the playoffs.

Add in:

Stephenson
Hart
Tyson
Beasley :eyebrows:

I'm sure they would make some more small moves before the deadline.

All that being said, I don't see it happening lol.
Don't forget Melo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of he didn't want to be there because his role would be reduced isn't getting through to you?

You can think what you want. The facts are, the Lakers couldn't keep him and have 2 max spots and he didn't want to be there anyway.

Not sure why you are having so much difficulty grasping those facts. But discussing it any further is a waste of time.
The facts are Magic is allowed to try and talk Randle into staying and explaining why he might want to. The facts are LA turned Russell and Randle into Kuzma.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno

seems like there would be more opportunity for minutes in the front court on a team with guys like McGee, Chandler, Kuzma, Zubac then there would be on a team with Anthony Davis, Nikola Mirotic, Jahlil Okafor, Solomon Hill in the front court.....

i mean, he likely signed in NO knowing he would be a back up or at the very least #3 in a very good 3 headed front court to Davis and Mirotic and would likely have been a starter in LAL....right?
Not to mention if he stays in LA they probably don't sign McGee, Chandler or both.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the Lakers had to move NOW to have the best chance at grabbing him. But, I also see how that could've made things worse in the long term if NOLA doesn't take the bait.

Agree. It's looking like that's kind of what's happening too as far as making things worse (or at least pissing folks off). But, it's a shot they had to take.

I think the other side of this that no one has mentioned is that even if the Lakers get AD that doesn't necessarily put them in the same tier as GS. Not yet. They would need to do a little more work to have a solid team to compete against them. So, it could be viewed to others like all this is done for what?

Agree again.

On the bold. The reason would be to give them another piece now so that when they get to the off-season, they only need to worry about who they're putting around Lebron and AD. I'd expect they'd be able to find some pretty good players who were willing to be part of that.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts are Magic is allowed to try and talk Randle into staying and explaining why he might want to. The facts are LA turned Russell and Randle into Kuzma.
Dude, they got off of Mozgov's money.

There was no path to max money without getting that deal off the books.

Russell was the cost of doing business.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG was never dead set on going to LA. He always said LA was his preferred destination, but he would consider other destinations. He also said that LA, could mean the Clippers. He didn't meet with them either.

He said that the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him and that he was blown away by the reception he got from the Thunder, their fans and Westbrook.

The Thunder treated him right and it convinced him to stay. It's probably a mistake, because he's probably not going to win any titles there.

But if he's happy with his decision. Good on him.
so as I said...PG, who is from LA, would not meet with LA.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis falls into the Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler category of PRE AGENCY.

Durant didn't do that.

He and Hayward fulfilled their deals.

Both ways have pros and cons.
I don't know if a player fulfilling his contract has a con to it. From the teams perspective you say thank you for your service and we'd like to continue our relationship. But at least you have that option to try to retain him by offering an extension. In this AD scenario there is ZERO option to retain him & now he's become a distraction to the rest of the team.