• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if a player fulfilling his contract has a con to it. From the teams perspective you say thank you for your service and we'd like to continue our relationship. But at least you have that option to try to retain him by offering an extension. In this AD scenario there is ZERO option to retain him & now he's become a distraction to the rest of the team.
Let me elaborate.

If Durant and Haywood knew they were leaving, had they given their teams a heads up, they could have traded him to get something in return.

Like the Spurs and Pacers did.

You can't let a top 5 guy walk for nothing.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean even if they were to float that somehow. What's that starting lineup looking like? feasible. you have two stars.

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
AD
Mcgee

Actually not bad for just this season. I actually like that lineup but they wouldn't have much of a bench. All they would need is 8 to 9 deep in the playoffs.

Add in:

Stephenson
Hart
Tyson
Beasley :eyebrows:

I'm sure they would make some more small moves before the deadline.

All that being said, I don't see it happening lol.

Probably not, but what the fuck...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters, he HONORED his contract. You know, that thing all players sign that gets them paid?? lol

Second, it allowed OKC to be in the running to retain him. In the case with KD GS had more to offer so he left. My point is those are better business tactics.

He allowed OKC to believe they were in the running to retain him, but were they actually? He had a team that got him to the finals and was annually in contention, so he had no reason to leave (or at least less than AD in my opinion).

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. It's looking like that's kind of what's happening too as far as making things worse (or at least pissing folks off). But, it's a shot they had to take.

Agree again.

On the bold. The reason would be to give them another piece now so that when they get to the off-season, they only need to worry about who they're putting around Lebron and AD. I'd expect they'd be able to find some pretty good players who were willing to be part of that.
Agreed. From the Lakers stand point it's exactly the right move. From the stand point of the rest of the league they aren't willing to help another team become dominate - especially if there's no guarantee it will happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean even if they were to float that somehow. What's that starting lineup looking like? feasible. you have two stars.

Rondo
KCP
Lebron
AD
Mcgee

Actually not bad for just this season. I actually like that lineup but they wouldn't have much of a bench. All they would need is 8 to 9 deep in the playoffs.

Add in:

Stephenson
Hart
Tyson
Beasley :eyebrows:

I'm sure they would make some more small moves before the deadline.

All that being said, I don't see it happening lol.

It wouldn't be about the starting lineup this season. It would be about the starting lineup next season.

Also, I doubt AD would be coming by himself. The Lakers will probably have to take some money on. Whether it's from the Pels or from a 3rd team. So that could be the small moves.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me elaborate.

If Durant and Haywood knew they were leaving, had they given their teams a heads up, they could have traded him to get something in return.

Like the Spurs and Pacers did.

You can't let a top 5 guy walk for nothing.
Yea I get that point. But, it seemed like KD really didn't know for sure if he wanted to leave. What if he didn't know until he actually met with the Hampton 5? lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I get that point. But, it seemed like KD really didn't know for sure if he wanted to leave. What if he didn't know until he actually met with the Hampton 5? lol
Honestly, he probably didn't know until they blew that 3-1 lead.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts are Magic is allowed to try and talk Randle into staying and explaining why he might want to. The facts are LA turned Russell and Randle into Kuzma.

The facts are, they turned them into Lebron. Which is your real issue in all of this.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows and who cares?

The bottom line is the Pelicans have a choice.

Bow to Rich Paul's machinations or don't.

We will find out on the 7th which way they choose to go.

I'm asking that question without reference to where he goes. Of course AD should leave the Pels for a better situation. I have my preference, but that may not come to fruition lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, he probably didn't know until they blew that 3-1 lead.

"Maybe I should join the team that beat me. It's the only way. If you can't beat em, join em. I mean we had a 3-1 lead but I think RW is the problem..he definitely is." - the little bitch

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis wants out of NY? I wouldn't be surprised if NY makes the move to get AD honestly. They have a lot of players, picks, etc. they can float N.O's way

What does NY do to build around AD without their lotto pick, Zinger, or Knox? They have to convince him to stay. They will have to work hard on Kyrie and/or Durant this summer, which could end up HUGE. Could end up empty too, if they get neither and AD spends another season at the bottom of the league.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He allowed OKC to believe they were in the running to retain him, but were they actually? He had a team that got him to the finals and was annually in contention, so he had no reason to leave (or at least less than AD in my opinion).
You know how I feel about all this?

Teams Shit on players all the time for the betterment of the team.

Look at all the recent examples....

Blake, Derozan, Midget Isiah....

I don't care what their reasons are for wanting to leave.

It's their lives and their legacies.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes & no.

Yes= How do we know for sure OKC didn't have a shot at retaining him? You are assuming they didn't. Most would assume they did since he played his contract out without trying to force a trade.

No= Reasons for wanting to leave:

1. NO structure around the team in terms of running plays & line ups; weak coach
2. The team clearly coveted RW more than they did KD. IMO they should've been seen/treated as equals. They are learning the hard way now KD was probably the better player
3. The FO was unwilling to spend the money to keep/put a good team together. Some examples are they let Harden go, they eventually traded Ibaka and the same with Olidipo.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does NY do to build around AD without their lotto pick, Zinger, or Knox? They have to convince him to stay. They will have to work hard on Kyrie and/or Durant this summer, which could end up HUGE. Could end up empty too, if they get neither and AD spends another season at the bottom of the league.
Attach Hardaway's deal to Zingers and have a max slot this Summer?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be all about this upcoming summer. A lot of risk but it's NY what do they really have to lose? They are in the shitter and their best player is injury-prone