• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the Lakers at 28-29 entering the AS break

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, he hasn't done that.

Matter of fact, there are 3 teams that he's open to.

I haven't read that anyone has listed those teams.

But, I did see that the Celtics aren't one of them because of the threat of losing Kyrie.

That would all be cleared up by July 1 which is the first day they could trade for him anyway.
would also add just because we see a list doesn't mean it has to be followed. Kyrie had a so-called list and Boston wasn't on it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine was for publicly asking for a trade. That has been part of the CBA for a while now, including Nate Robinson getting fined for the same in 2009.
Yea I know, but IMO the two are related & they can't fine him for tampering just yet....but this may be their warning that the league is paying attention now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fanboys of Magic?

I'm not happy with this at all. James signed with the Lakers, he needs to have his ass out there playing. This was supposed to be a minor injury.
Mostly the media being the fanboys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is playing opossum.

He can play.

He's sitting out for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. To force the Lakers to make changes.

2. To avoid blame if they don't make the playoffs.

I think it's reason #1.

He dogged it last year when he wanted the Cavs to revamp the roster.

So, he's not above it.
Yep...and any Cavs' issue was at least partly on him. He pushed for nearly every move. Sure, Kyrie was moved but that's because he didn't want to play with Lebron, and Lebron would not commit to stay.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Celtics team had key veterans like Morris and Horford, so it's not like it's a fair comparison of prospects vs prospects. Lakers had Slopez, lol.

Regardless, we don't know what Ainge will offer (he gets stingy). Lakers are going to offer whatever the Pels want other than LBJ most likely. The Pels can't take on ALL of the Lakers youth; there simply aren't enough roster spots that can be freed up. What will teams be willing to offer if this becomes a rental situation?
Stop it. I think everyone here can agree that NEITHER team had a SUPER STAR last year, which was my original point. Don't be salty that Boston out shined your team lol

You say ALL like they would be asking for the entire team. There are likely only THREE youngsters they would take. But, is that enough to make the $ match? Doubt it.

Finally, yes they can fit 3 guys, especially if they get a 3rd team involved. And IMO only contending teams will be willing to "rent" AD for 1 season. But, that's really looking at the situation from the perspective of a negative nancy since we don't know for sure that he wouldn't be willing to stay longer on a contending team. If I remember correctly part of Rich's statement said his client wanted to be traded to a team where he can win & contend for championships, yes?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't do it now because it limits the teams you can trade with.

You think that Lakers deal is gonna get pulled off the table in July?
The only way the Lakers pull their deal off the table in July is if somehow Magic becomes mentally retarded between then & now. lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ , @ChiefsLakers67 , @trojanfan12 , @wildturkey , @Shaqdaddy11 @shopson67

Do you believe this?

I don't.

Anyone need anymore proof that Kidd does not need another Head Coaching gig just need to look at the difference between the Bucks, with, and without him.

Now it appears the Lakers may have zeroed in a potential replacement, as Ric Bucher explained on the “Bucher and Friends” podcast that there’s mutual interest with Jason Kidd: “There’s another development that I’m hearing is gaining momentum, and that’s the possibility of Jason Kidd returning to the coaching ranks by succeeding Luke Walton with the Lakers. Now, I first heard Kidd’s name connected with the Lakers a while back. Right about the time the first round of, ‘Is Luke Walton on the hot seat?’ stories came out. Jeanie Buss, head of the Lakers, threw a bucket of water on that seat, cooled it off. And so I tucked away the talk of Kidd and the Lakers as something at the time, simply spitballing or connecting dots that weren’t necessarily part of the same mosaic. Now, I know that Kidd wants to coach again. And I know he expressed interest in the Knicks job before David Fizdale ultimately got it. … In the case of Jason and the Lakers, I figured it was a matter of Jason letting them know he was interested, and the Lakers saying, ‘Thanks, we’ll get back to you.’ Well, now sources are saying that the Lakers have actually gotten back to him and this has gone to the next level. And if the Lakers do make a move on Luke, which based on all of the rumblings could happen sooner rather than later, Kidd appears to be very much in the mix and possibly is even the favorite.”

Jason Kidd would be a horrific idea...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ , @ChiefsLakers67 , @trojanfan12 , @wildturkey , @Shaqdaddy11 @shopson67

Do you believe this?

I don't.

Anyone need anymore proof that Kidd does not need another Head Coaching gig just need to look at the difference between the Bucks, with, and without him.

Now it appears the Lakers may have zeroed in a potential replacement, as Ric Bucher explained on the “Bucher and Friends” podcast that there’s mutual interest with Jason Kidd: “There’s another development that I’m hearing is gaining momentum, and that’s the possibility of Jason Kidd returning to the coaching ranks by succeeding Luke Walton with the Lakers. Now, I first heard Kidd’s name connected with the Lakers a while back. Right about the time the first round of, ‘Is Luke Walton on the hot seat?’ stories came out. Jeanie Buss, head of the Lakers, threw a bucket of water on that seat, cooled it off. And so I tucked away the talk of Kidd and the Lakers as something at the time, simply spitballing or connecting dots that weren’t necessarily part of the same mosaic. Now, I know that Kidd wants to coach again. And I know he expressed interest in the Knicks job before David Fizdale ultimately got it. … In the case of Jason and the Lakers, I figured it was a matter of Jason letting them know he was interested, and the Lakers saying, ‘Thanks, we’ll get back to you.’ Well, now sources are saying that the Lakers have actually gotten back to him and this has gone to the next level. And if the Lakers do make a move on Luke, which based on all of the rumblings could happen sooner rather than later, Kidd appears to be very much in the mix and possibly is even the favorite.”

Kidd wasn't anything special as a coach. I wouldn't want him

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Ball just said that because he doesn't want to go there.
He doesn't want to go ANYWHERE. His people seem to surround him with some kind of drama when they suspect even a slight possibility that he might be on the chopping block. It has happened like clock work lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,he got LeBron.

We can't trash him for dealing Russell, letting Randle walk when it led directly to the LeBron signing.

I will say, he Shit the bed picking Lonzo over Fox.

But, until he wiffs this Summer, you can't really bash his other moves.....yet.
Could have kept Randle AND Russell and gotten Lebron. Randle and Russell are about $16 mil this season (Russ contract expiring). Much less than the combo of Rondo, KCP and Stephenson.

"Getting Lebron" was as simple as "Hey, you want to play in LA and I'm the one who can bring you here....."

No different than Dan Gilbert "getting Lebron".

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing.

“We don’t give a sh*t what nobody thinks or says. We’re going to do what’s best for him. The best-case scenario was three weeks, the worst-case was six weeks, and we’re right on schedule. He’ll improve his workload, and he’ll be day to day from there….

Obviously he cares (about their struggles). The man wants to play. He’s f*cking itching to play, but he can’t put himself in that situation. It’s just, you’ve really got to do the right thing and it has zero to do with his age, or the fact that he’s played 16 seasons – nothing to do with that. This is a tendon. It’s not a shoulder, or an ankle, or an elbow. The smart thing to do is to do the smart thing. You can’t allow media, or the fact that the team might be losing, to dictate what’s best for you, and we won’t. He’s progressing. He’s not ready yet.”
And that 6 week mark will be somewhere around AS break.

BTW...I do believe someone here mentioned he would be out 4-6 weeks ehem....ehem...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest of his career
Some might say this is the beginning of the end as father time is undefeated. This is how it begins for great players closer to the end of their careers than to the beginning of them. Realistically his camp knows this too which is why they're taking extra time to heal.

Now I'm not saying he will never be great again. But I'm almost sure we'll see another injury of some sort.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have kept Randle AND Russell and gotten Lebron. Randle and Russell are about $16 mil this season (Russ contract expiring). Much less than the combo of Rondo, KCP and Stephenson.

"Getting Lebron" was as simple as "Hey, you want to play in LA and I'm the one who can bring you here....."

No different than Dan Gilbert "getting Lebron".

Russell was traded because of the drama he caused in the locker room and needed a fresh start.

Get your facts straight.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be the point though.

If the Pelicans deal AD, they might prefer to bottom out.

Tatum and Brown are nice assets. Far better than anything LA has to offer, but NO might not view Tatum as a franchise cornerstone type piece. Also, Boston might not be offering him.

They might want to start over with nothing and tank hard for a couple years. because let's face it. If AD can't get this roster to the playoffs, Tatum and Brown aren't either.
I get your point. But, part of NOLA's woes & not getting far in the post season might have some to do with the fact that AD is injured quite often & they haven't really replaced Boogie with a viable #2 option.