• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they aren't trying to tank.

Which is why Rich Paul made his power move NOW.

It was more of a joke but what if N.O. waits? It is possible or does N.O. want AD out now. I mean they took him off the team photo or whatever...I can't see him being on this roster the rest of the season...too much friction

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington still thinks they can make the playoffs.

Plus, they said they wanted 2 players and 2 picks, if I'm not mistaken.

Hard pass.

I love Beal but if you have a chance at AD you stay focused on him and only him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more of a joke but what if N.O. waits? It is possible or does N.O. want AD out now. I mean they took him off the team photo or whatever...I can't see him being on this roster the rest of the season...too much friction
I don't think he gets traded, unless it's to the Knicks.

Like @flyerhawk and @DJ said yesterday:

Knicks aren't giving up Porzingis, Knox and a pick.

But, what if they did?

Otherwise, they wait until summer when the Celtics are eligible.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree you try not to just let him walk given notice this far in advance. However, in this case they have an option to get better return than just "picks" and "rookies". Why do people think Ball, Ingram & Kuzma are a better package than Tatum, Brown & a couple of first round picks?

If we look at each set of players & what they did last season clearly Boston has the better package. Neither team had a superstar helping them & Boston's player far out performed the Lakers players. Plus in the Boston package you'd be able to combine established players with a pick or two. THAT is how you rebuild.

That Celtics team had key veterans like Morris and Horford, so it's not like it's a fair comparison of prospects vs prospects. Lakers had Slopez, lol.

Regardless, we don't know what Ainge will offer (he gets stingy). Lakers are going to offer whatever the Pels want other than LBJ most likely. The Pels can't take on ALL of the Lakers youth; there simply aren't enough roster spots that can be freed up. What will teams be willing to offer if this becomes a rental situation?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Beal but if you have a chance at AD you stay focused on him and only him.
Exactly.

You can always throw assets at Washington this Summer if you don't get Davis, Durant, Kawhi, Kemba.

No need to hail Mary in a Season that you might as well just give the Dubs the trophy now.

...unless it's for Davis.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's closer than it's being made out to be. Tatum is the lead piece, but will Ainge actually offer him up if it becomes a potential rental (or if NO simply refuses to trade with LA like the Spurs)? Will the Pels want draft picks that could defer a year or two down the line?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Celtics team had key veterans like Morris and Horford, so it's not like it's a fair comparison of prospects vs prospects. Lakers had Slopez, lol.

Regardless, we don't know what Ainge will offer (he gets stingy). Lakers are going to offer whatever the Pels want other than LBJ most likely. The Pels can't take on ALL of the Lakers youth; there simply aren't enough roster spots that can be freed up. What will teams be willing to offer if this becomes a rental situation?
Celtics will already have that answer come July 1.

If Kyrie commits, Davis might do the same.

Either way, they will know before dealing assets.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don't think Boston would make the deal if that's what they're saying but that won't stop a team like Milwaukee for example from dealing for him.

It should. What can Milwaukee give up that would interest the Pels but not impact the Bucks' ability to keep Giannis when he becomes a free agent>

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's closer than it's being made out to be. Tatum is the lead piece, but will Ainge actually offer him up if it becomes a potential rental (or if NO simply refuses to trade with LA like the Spurs)? Will the Pels want draft picks that could defer a year or two down the line?

This makes the situation incredibly complex for New Orleans and every other Davis suitor now, though. Everyone must evaluate: What will Boston offer? Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN: I think Boston has sent a message to the Pelicans: “Be patient. Wait for us. We are going to be in this, and we’re going to be willing to talk about essentially everyone on our roster outside Kyrie Irving.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should. What can Milwaukee give up that would interest the Pels but not impact the Bucks' ability to keep Giannis when he becomes a free agent>
In 2021?

He doesn't even have a player option.

So, they have 2 full Seasons after this one to worry about that.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he gets traded, unless it's to the Knicks.

Like @flyerhawk and @DJ said yesterday:

Knicks aren't giving up Porzingis, Knox and a pick.

But, what if they did?

Otherwise, they wait until summer when the Celtics are eligible.

And Knox, Hardaway and the pick isn't getting AD (somebody said it would).....no effing way.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Knox, Hardaway and the pick isn't getting AD (somebody said it would).....no effing way.
Hardaway's contract is atrocious.

Only deals worse are CP3, Parsons, Batum and Gordon Hayward.

3 of those guys make the list because of injury.

I was tempted to list Porter too.

But, I will give him a few more months...lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2021?

He doesn't even have a player option.

So, they have 2 full Seasons after this one to worry about that.

I thought he had an option, missed that. Still, ff they rent AD, they will have one season after he leaves (after 2019-20). Who would the Bucks have left after giving up Middleton/Brogdon/Maker and filler/picks to get AD?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ , @ChiefsLakers67 , @trojanfan12 , @wildturkey , @Shaqdaddy11 @shopson67

Do you believe this?

I don't.

Anyone need anymore proof that Kidd does not need another Head Coaching gig just need to look at the difference between the Bucks, with, and without him.

Now it appears the Lakers may have zeroed in a potential replacement, as Ric Bucher explained on the “Bucher and Friends” podcast that there’s mutual interest with Jason Kidd: “There’s another development that I’m hearing is gaining momentum, and that’s the possibility of Jason Kidd returning to the coaching ranks by succeeding Luke Walton with the Lakers. Now, I first heard Kidd’s name connected with the Lakers a while back. Right about the time the first round of, ‘Is Luke Walton on the hot seat?’ stories came out. Jeanie Buss, head of the Lakers, threw a bucket of water on that seat, cooled it off. And so I tucked away the talk of Kidd and the Lakers as something at the time, simply spitballing or connecting dots that weren’t necessarily part of the same mosaic. Now, I know that Kidd wants to coach again. And I know he expressed interest in the Knicks job before David Fizdale ultimately got it. … In the case of Jason and the Lakers, I figured it was a matter of Jason letting them know he was interested, and the Lakers saying, ‘Thanks, we’ll get back to you.’ Well, now sources are saying that the Lakers have actually gotten back to him and this has gone to the next level. And if the Lakers do make a move on Luke, which based on all of the rumblings could happen sooner rather than later, Kidd appears to be very much in the mix and possibly is even the favorite.”

I sure hope it's not true.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3