• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,749.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like this current season is all that matters. It isn't.

Yes. LeBron is 34. But once GS signed Boogie, the Lakers correctly surmised that it was better to preserve cap space to possibly land another difference maker next summer when the Warriors likely lose Durant.

They have a 3-4 year window with LeBron. While it is true that each year LeBron is less likely to be able to drag his team to a championship, it is also true that Julius Randle was not going to give them any sort of realistic chance to win the West this year. So forfeiting 2019 cap space to sign a player like Randle would have been stupid.

Next summer is different. They have to sign somebody even if they strike out on the big fish. Because they only have 1 more year with Ingram on a rookie deal.
I think they trade Ingram and Ball at the deadline or next offseason.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather root for a team I think should win more and get upset when they don't than deal with rebuilding and having no expectations. The growth of Fox/Buddy, solid play of Bogi, and potential shown from Bagley/Giles this season are all very encouraging signs for the future. If the Kings make some big moves during the season or in the offseason(welcome to the team KD), they could actually be expected to make the playoffs next year.
The Kings are much further along than anyone gave them credit for.

You have some serious talent on your roster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean this isnt rocket science

of course the Lakers would have loved to keep Randle

they wanted to gamble on the fact that they could sign 2 max free agents instead

they ended up failing in signing 2 max free agents- and becuase of market conditions Randle took a extremely team friendly contract with the Pelicans that in restrospect would ahve fit in perfectly with the Lakers instead of Rondo or KCP- either one you would trade in a millisecond for Randle.

I understand the logic- they wanted to clear the cap space to try and sign 2 max free agents- they failed to do so- and Randle walked and instead you are paying KCP and Rondo as much or more than RAndle is currently making.
Lets keep it real here...

KCP was the cost of doing business.

If overpaying him the last 2 Seasons was the price they paid to get Lebron to sign a multiyear deal, it was worth it.

Yes, plan A was to land 2 top free agents last Summer.

But, plan b was always to sign 1 year deals and revisit for that 2nd star this Summer.

If they land a Kawhi, Davis, Durant, Klay....losing Randle would be well worth it.

If they don't get that 2nd guy, then we can start giving them the side eye.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've almost started watching it a couple of times. But some of what you and @Mecca have said about it has me unsure if I want to.
It is really sickening.

Seriously, I don't know who is more disgusting...

R Kelly or the parents who accepted hush money and let this piece of shit continue his reign of terror.

This motherfucker needs a bullet.

There is no rehabilitating this kind of deviant.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't get that 2nd guy, then we can start giving them the side eye.

Even then, I'm not so sure. I don't think there's a team in the league that would have done much differently when you consider the shit show that Magic and Pelinka walked into when Jeanie finally booted Short Buss out.

End of the day, when it comes to signing FA's, we're dealing with human beings and they make decisions that are based on thing we'll likely never be privy to.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why Lebron chose the Lakers without another star player when he had other options that may have resulted in another title this season. :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really sickening.

R Kelly or the parents who accepted hush money and let this piece of shit continue his reign of terror.

The parts from yesterday was pretty disgusting mainly because I don't get how parents are still falling for R Kelly tricks in 2015 lol. Makes no sense. I kinda understand how you fell for it in the early/mid 90's but how are you falling for this in the 2000's after everything that came out on him?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, I'm not so sure. I don't think there's a team in the league that would have done much differently when you consider the shit show that Magic and Pelinka walked into when Jeanie finally booted Short Buss out.

End of the day, when it comes to signing FA's, we're dealing with human beings and they make decisions that are based on thing we'll likely never be privy to.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why Lebron chose the Lakers without another star player when he had other options that may have resulted in another title this season. :noidea:
They will get a 2nd guy.

I still say it will be Beal.

But, I wouldn't be shocked if it were Vuvecic, Healthy Boogie or Middleton either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have all 3.

Positionless basketball my ass.

They all play the same position.

It isn't happening,

But those 3 could definitely all play together effectively in the same lineup. Kawhi is capable of locking down anybody 1-3 and some 4s. KD and Tobias can defend 3s and 4s. Also, neither Kawhi or Tobias is ball dominant and all 3 can shoot.

There is no such thing as a SG or a SF or a PF anymore. These guys have skill sets that mesh. It would work.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really sickening.

I have 3 daughters. I'm afraid watching it might set me off into a psychotic rage. lol

I don't even want to think about what I would have done if something had happened to one of them.

I'll probably end up watching it within the next week or so though. Probably while smoking a bowl to keep me a little more "mellow".

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The parts from yesterday was pretty disgusting mainly because I don't get how parents are still falling for R Kelly tricks in 2015 lol. Makes no sense. I kinda understand how you fell for it in the early/mid 90's but how are you falling for this in the 2000's after everything that came out on him?
I think the parts with Sparkle affected me the most.

She felt responsible for bringing him into her nieces life and refused to sell her soul further, even when it hurt her career.

This piece of shit really had to think he was Teflon getting underage hostages during his trial.

The girl who was responsible for stealing the tape....

I vacillate between extreme pity and extreme disgust.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 daughters. I'm afraid watching it might set me off into a psychotic rage. lol

I don't even want to think about what I would have done if something had happened to one of them.

I'll probably end up watching it within the next week or so though. Probably while smoking a bowl to keep me a little more "mellow".
Yeah, I feel unhealthy rage.

A weed brownie would be welcome.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get a 2nd guy.

I still say it will be Beal.

But, I wouldn't be shocked if it were Vuvecic, Healthy Boogie or Middleton either.

I love Vucevic. I wonder if they could get him cheap enough to be able to land Beal as well, since they'd have to trade for Beal? He's making $12.75 million this year. I'm sure he expects a raise, but I wonder how much he will be looking for or willing to take.

I think either will fit well with what the Lakers do and with Lebron. If they were able to somehow get both, I'd be really happy.

That may be the way to go anyway. It's looking like some guys may be wanting to be built around rather than joining a "superfriends" team. So, guys like Vucevic and Beal, who are very good, but fly under the radar, might actually be better fits.

A healthy Boogie would be good, but I think he'll be looking for a max deal which would mean he would be the only guy they could get.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Vucevic. I wonder if they could get him cheap enough to be able to land Beal as well, since they'd have to trade for Beal? He's making $12.75 million this year. I'm sure he expects a raise, but I wonder how much he will be looking for or willing to take.

I think either will fit well with what the Lakers do and with Lebron. If they were able to somehow get both, I'd be really happy.

That may be the way to go anyway. It's looking like some guys may be wanting to be built around rather than joining a "superfriends" team. So, guys like Vucevic and Beal, who are very good, but fly under the radar, might actually be better fits.

A healthy Boogie would be good, but I think he'll be looking for a max deal which would mean he would be the only guy they could get.
You could trade Ingram, Ball a pick and filler for Beal.

Sign Vuvecic outright.

The Magic drafted Bamba.

So, Vuvecic's future in Orlando is up in the air.

Because there are other quality free agent Centers available, * Boogie, Jordan, Mcgee, Kanter*, I don't think it will take the max to land Vuvecic.

All of those guys have warts.

But, all would work depending on their price tags.

There are also cheaper options like Chandler and Gortat.