• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one of those days for Lonzo lol.

Currently 0 points on only 4 attempted shots lol. There's less than 8 minutes in the 4th. No Lebron, Kuz, or Rondo and dude is attempting 4 shots

@Mecca

Ingram isn't doing much to help his stock either. Another shitty shooting night for him. Going to be his 3rd straight game under 40%.

Have no idea how the Pelicans can make a trade with the Lakers for AD. Ball and Ingram simply are not good enough

Ball is a system player. I called it back at UCLA. He's only as good as the players around him. He can't really make people better because he's not aggressive enough nor is his shooting good enough to make things out of nothing. He's great at finding people that can get open and pretty darn good defensively when focused so that's enough to make him a solid NBA player for a long time. Nothing wrong with that. But solid NBA player isn't enough for anyone that bought into all the hype he had. As for Ingram, this is who he is. He's not a good shooter. He can do some things ok, his length can get him some easy layups if he beats a guy but the "it" factor just isn't there. He's gonna be closer to Harrison Barnes than anything else he was pegged to be.

It just really sucks that both Lebron and Kuzma are out (Rondo to an extent as well). That's your 3 best guys in a period of the schedule that's ripe to pick up some Ws. This stretch could be the difference between comfortable in the playoffs in the final week of the season to sweating bullets. Lebron is obviously Lebron. Kuzma is the only other guy on the roster that you can trust to bring it every night on offense (at the very least, he's always aggressive even if the shots aren't falling). Take them away and you've got a pretty poor team

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you trade Lonzo anytime soon you will be taking a BIGTIME hair cut on what his value once was.

zero points today in a game where LeBron and Rondo did not play.

YIKES.

Tatum goes 1 pick later, Fox 3 picks later. Just YIKES.

Neither Wiggins nor Ingram are likely to ever live up to their draft potential- but Id take Wiggins every time over Ingram.

Thank GOODNESS for the Lakers that they nailed those late picks with Kuzma and Hart or it would be a disaster.

Yet the Lakers are in a better position going forward than the Cavs.....

#Fact

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Lakers are in a better position going forward than the Cavs.....

#Fact
lol yah id hope so- the Cavs just got off a 4 year period where they used every asset they had to make 4 straight Finals and win a championship- the Lakers just had a half-decade of losing. It would be an embarassing failure of epic proportions if the Lakers were not better off at this point. I mean thats common sense.

I dont think ANYONE thinks its coincdedence that LEBrons leg injury occurred in his age 34 season, a season after he pushed himself to the limits playing in ALL 82 games and then handled a positively extraordinary workload in the playoffs.

I told ya DJ- dont think you are out of the woods on our bet quite yet there pal ;) lol. The West is a bitch of a conference and the Lakers are just barely over .500.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is a system player. I called it back at UCLA. He's only as good as the players around him. He can't really make people better because he's not aggressive enough nor is his shooting good enough to make things out of nothing. He's great at finding people that can get open and pretty darn good defensively when focused so that's enough to make him a solid NBA player for a long time. Nothing wrong with that. But solid NBA player isn't enough for anyone that bought into all the hype he had. As for Ingram, this is who he is. He's not a good shooter. He can do some things ok, his length can get him some easy layups if he beats a guy but the "it" factor just isn't there. He's gonna be closer to Harrison Barnes than anything else he was pegged to be.

It just really sucks that both Lebron and Kuzma are out (Rondo to an extent as well). That's your 3 best guys in a period of the schedule that's ripe to pick up some Ws. This stretch could be the difference between comfortable in the playoffs in the final week of the season to sweating bullets. Lebron is obviously Lebron. Kuzma is the only other guy on the roster that you can trust to bring it every night on offense (at the very least, he's always aggressive even if the shots aren't falling). Take them away and you've got a pretty poor team
I said Harrison Barnes too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ball really reminds me a lot of Rubio....very similar. Ball has some nice size...can rebound...play a little D against the point guards who are just not small and quick as hell--- can see passing lanes very well etc... really very very simlar to Rubio.

Probably not the flair of a Rubio or the same pure court vision.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball really reminds me a lot of Rubio....very similar. Ball has some nice size...can rebound...play a little D against the point guards who are just not small and quick as hell--- can see passing lanes very well etc... really very very simlar to Rubio.

Probably not the flair of a Rubio or the same pure court vision.
Rubio is way more aggressive.

He's more Elfrid Payton...imo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you did.

I guess this is legal.

:noidea:
the structure was really pretty ridiculous. They just set up the contract so that it was unguaranteed. I thought it was odd the second I saw it

they just basically did McCaw a favor and got him out of being an RFA. Who is his agent? lol, who are his other clients?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What has D'Angelo Russell playing like an elite point guard"?

Answer: ICE IN HIS VEINS
nice 3 game stretch of averaging basically 23, 12, and 5...holy shit...lol

Getting out of LA was the best thing for Dlo....the pressure and expectations were just too much. He had that stupid incident where he ratted out his teammate etc....

getting him out of there, getting the pressure off him and letting him rebuild his career all was very helpful- he needs to send Jimmy Buss a thank-you card for the Mozgov signing.

I dont think Dlo will ever live up to #2 overall pick status- but its good to see a former Buckeye turn it around. Getting out LA was good for him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs signed McCaw to a 2 year deal worth 6 million and release him after 3 games?

LOL.