• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

But, like @flyerhawk said, he wanted out. No doubt in part because he was not a priority signing for the Lakers. Also, while he almost defintely will not excercise his player option for next season, it isn't not a risk the Lakers could take.

Priority #1 for the Lakers was signing a max superstar or 2
Priority #2 was preserving 2019 cap space if they failed to land a second star. A player option for Randle would hurt the Lakers' ability to sign another max player in 2019.
yes I am aware of the bad decision making.

I mean, unless you think Randle would have opted in to a contract after a year of playing with LeBron and likely pumping his value to an all time high-- a 9M dollar 1 year deal that is EASILY moved otherwise.

I mean- dont get me wrong i understand the logic- it was just the wrong move. GM's are paid to be right. Giving Randle that money instead of to Rondo or KCP would have been the right move- esp. because if worst comes to worst all you have to do is move 1 year 9M which would under any circumstances not be difficult for a 24 year old former high lotto pick that has shown ANY kind of talent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, unless you think Randle would have opted in to a contract after a year of playing with LeBron and likely pumping his value to an all time high-- a 9M dollar 1 year deal that is EASILY moved otherwise.

I mean- dont get me wrong i understand the logic- it was just the wrong move. GM's are paid to be right. Giving Randle that money instead of to Rondo or KCP would have been the right move- esp. because if worst comes to worst all you have to do is move 1 year 9M which would under any circumstances not be difficult for a 24 year old former high lotto pick that has shown ANY kind of talent.

You are missing the point.

They could not have signed Randle for that price. Because they renounced his rights when they signed LBJ at Randle's request, and Randle had no interest in signing with the Lakers after they showed little interest in extending him.

So giving Randle that money instead of Rondo or KCP may sound great in theory, but it wasn't an option for the Lakers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize Lebron wanted both Rondo and KCP right? Yeah let's make Lebron upset days after signing him....totally makes sense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great night for the Heat as the Hornets and Pistons both lose

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day, another San Antonio blowout win

I hope they "make hay while the sun shines" as they say.

Things will turn as the always do in the NBA. A lot of road games will be coming up.

But, the Spurs have looked like a top 3 team now for about a month, out of seemingly nowhere.

Houston and San Antonio both flipped a switch.

Who the hell knows anything anymore.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsurprising close game and track meet in Sacramento. That's just how these teams play each other this year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have lost 3 games to the Warriors by a combined 10 points.
2K5d5DS.gif

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors/Kings set a new NBA record tonight for combined made 3's. (41)

:clap::clap::clap:

Previous record was 40 made 3's by the Cavs & Twolves, done last year.

The Dubs were 21 of 47 and the Kings went 20 of 36 from behind the arc tonight in Sacramento.

GS won the game 127-123.

Warriors vs. Kings - Game Recap - January 5, 2019 - ESPN

:suds:

Last edited:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have lost 3 games to the Warriors by a combined 10 points.
2K5d5DS.gif

Coulda made a lot betting on them because they covered every game. Fun games.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors/Kings set a new NBA record tonight for combined made 3's. (41)

:clap::clap::clap:

Previous record was 40 made 3's by the Cavs & Twolves, done last year.

The Dubs were 21 of 47 and the Kings went 20 of 36 from behind the arc tonight in Sacramento.

GS won the game 127-123.

Warriors vs. Kings - Game Recap - January 5, 2019 - ESPN

:suds:

The future is here. NBA 2019 style. Harden by himself shoots like 18 threes a game or some shit since Paul went down

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda made a lot betting on them because they covered every game. Fun games.
They have been fun outside of the end results, not having Bagley/Shumpert for all of this game and part of the last game makes it more impressive that they stayed with the Warriors until the end. It's fucking frustrating to lose these close games, but it's better to barely lose against playoff teams than get blown out every time. I hope this is the start of them turning the corner and the Kings can actually beat good teams instead of just playing them tough sooner than later. Also, if the Kings somehow make the playoffs(I'm not counting on it) I really hope they face the Warriors.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been fun outside of the end results, not having Bagley/Shumpert for all of this game and part of the last game makes it more impressive that they stayed with the Warriors until the end. It's fucking frustrating to lose these close games, but it's better to barely lose against playoff teams than get blown out every time. I hope this is the start of them turning the corner and the Kings can actually beat good teams instead of just playing them tough sooner than later. Also, if the Kings somehow make the playoffs(I'm not counting on it) I really hope they face the Warriors.

Dude...

Don't you realize what's happening?

You are passed moral victories.

You actually EXPECT to win some of these games.

That's a huge step forward.

So, chin up.