• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lakers are now 1-4 without LeBron.

Further proof that he is the MVP every year.

But he won't get it. Again.

Also if the Lakers young guys are as good as Lakers fans make them out to be then they should be better than 1-4. That game against the Kings they just handed to them. They had a lead entering the 4th in 3 of the 4 losses. They obviously need to do a better job of closing out games and that falls mainly on Kuzma and Ingram.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are terrible.

But Kris Dunn needs to start getting a bit of love around here. He is playing well. 17 assists last night, along with solid efficiency numbers (48.4% FG, 35% 3, 77.8% FT) and a highly respectable 2.78 assists per TO.

I think the Bulls will eventually seperate from the bottom 4 and exit the Zion sweepstakes. They have more talent than the other East cellar dwellers.

I think the bottom 4 in some order will be:

Cleveland, Phoenix, NY and Atlanta will be the bottom 4, IMO.

LMAO at the Wolves for trading Dunn and Lavine for a 1 year rental in Butler. Just awful. To trade 2 lottery picks for a 1 year rental just to end your silly playoffs drought is bad

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dream.....that one day we will all be talking about what we are having for lunch and dinner.....in a world of madness and chaos......in between hot sports takes.....we shall all freely discuss our food cravings and not be ashamed to talk about it.

@Wamu and @trojanfan12 are my main compadres since Wamy talks about what he is grilling and TJ12 and I discuss our latest foodie destinations.

Hell yeah! Speaking of grilling I gotta couple racks of ribs in the smoker as we speak.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it but I'm sure if you take Harden off the Rockets for a few games, they would have a similar record.

They're not going to give the MVP to a guy who team doesn't finish top 2 or 3 in their conference unless he does something incredible like avg a triple double

I agree.

And I think that is ridiculous. Because the Lakers without LeBron are probably a 30 win team this year. Rockets without Harden probably still get 35-40, as long as they have CP3 healthy.

Harden has been fantastic. Not taking anything away from him. His run the last couple weeks has been epic. And if he keeps this going, he should get it.

But If the Lakers win 45+ and get a top 6 seed, that is more impressive to me than Houston getting a top 3 seed unless Harden gets it done without CP3 all year. Because Houston was always supposed to be a top 3 seed and we see what the LAkers are without LeBron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am complete ASS at comparing guys from different eras.

So, I leave this debate to my betters..

I'm right dammit! Even if I don't remember what the topic is.

#gettingunsober

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Gotta think they will make some sort of move.

Even with no LeBron and Kuz, that Knicks loss was awful.

I think that when you have Lebron and he misses a game, it's even worse for a team than not having him at all. All of the sudden you are expecting guys like Ingram and KCP to take control of the game after playing deferred roles for the entire season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You grilling today, @Wamu?

Yes sir. Gonna be sunny & in the high 50's today. If I didn't grill something I'd have to kick my own ass for being lazy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if the Lakers young guys are as good as Lakers fans make them out to be then they should be better than 1-4. That game against the Kings they just handed to them. They had a lead entering the 4th in 3 of the 4 losses. They obviously need to do a better job of closing out games and that falls mainly on Kuzma and Ingram.
That's why I never bought into the rhetoric that they would have been a playoff team, without LeBron, just based on natural progression.

They are not the 76ers.

It should be pretty clear that they don't have a generational young talent on their roster, let alone 2.

But, they do have more in Kuz and Hart than many gave them credit for.

Imo, they need to deal Ball, Ingram, picks and anyone else not named Kuz, Hart, LeBron for Beal.

Because, I don't think there is a chance that NOLA deals Davis to them because of the optics and because there young players aren't good enough.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sd

in retrospect the Bulls did not do to bad in the Butler trade....they got what? Dunn, LaVine and a pick right? I am not sure who that pick turned into.

Pick was Maarkanen.

They did a lot better than Minnesota did. Although turning Butler into Covington and Saric was solid. THey could have gotten a much worse return given the situation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that when you have Lebron and he misses a game, it's even worse for a team than not having him at all. All of the sudden you are expecting guys like Ingram and KCP to take control of the game after playing deferred roles for the entire season.

I hear you but losing to the Knicks at home with a 4th quarter lead? Not good

Lebron doesn't get re-evaluated until Friday which means he probably miss that game on Friday also.

Next 4 are at Minny, at Dallas, home to Detroit, and at Utah. 0-4 looking very possible at the moment. Maybe I give them that home game vs Detroit once Kuzma is back so let's say they are 1-3, that means when Lebron return they will be 22-21

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I never bought into the rhetoric that they would have been a playoff team, without LeBron, just based on natural progression.

They are not the 76ers.

It should be pretty clear that they don't have a generational young talent on their roster, let alone 2.

But, they do have more in Kuz and Hart than many gave them credit for.

Imo, they need to deal Ball, Ingram, picks and anyone else not named Kuz, Hart, LeBron for Beal.

Because, I don't think there is a chance that NOLA deals Davis to them because of the optics and because there young players aren't good enough.

If they kept Randle and Brolo they would have been right there with Dallas and Sacto, IMO. But they couldn't do that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they kept Randle and Brolo they would have been right there with Dallas and Sacto, IMO. But they couldn't do that.

Sad thing is IMO they let go probably the best of the bunch. I think Randle is just as good as Kuzma and better than Ball/Ingram

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the get up Adams was wearing walking into the arena? He looked like Hagrid after he was on a starvation diet.
I thought he was one of the wildlings from Game of Thrones.

th

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at the Wolves for trading Dunn and Lavine for a 1 year rental in Butler. Just awful. To trade 2 lottery picks for a 1 year rental just to end your silly playoffs drought is bad

It is funny.

Because just about everybody here liked the deal for Minnesota when it was made.

I was on the fence, saying it was a big risk and only would result in a Minny "win" if Butler resigned long term. Granted, Dunn has turned out a lot better than anybody thought he would, but still.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is funny.

Because just about everybody here liked the deal for Minnesota when it was made.

I was on the fence, saying it was a big risk and only would result in a Minny "win" if Butler resigned long term. Granted, Dunn has turned out a lot better than anybody thought he would, but still.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone like Willie Cauley Stein would've been a monster in the 50's as an example
All modern players would dominate back then if you put them in a time machine
But if they grew up in that era, with old training methods and nutrition, they wouldn't be as good as they are today

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle was a cap casualty.

If he was the price to land LeBron, so be it.

But, if they could have used the same pot of money to sign Randle, that they used to sign Rondo....

:scratch:

You can still sign a guy after giving up his bird rights.

The Wolves did it with Shabazz Muhammad.