• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So BI and Ball couldn't get it done last night?

6 point 4th quarter lead then outscored by 13 in the 4th.

Disappointing

So the Lakers are now 1-4 without LeBron.

Further proof that he is the MVP every year.

But he won't get it. Again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So BI and Ball couldn't get it done last night?

6 point 4th quarter lead then outscored by 13 in the 4th.

Disappointing
Well Ball was up against Emmanual Mudiay.

Ball with 6 turnovers and 2 assists. But ya gotta give him a little slack on that one--- he was being guarded by Emmanual "Gary Payton" Mudiay.

The entire Knicks team had 6 turnovers- Ingram and Ball combined for 11.

Knicks shot 37% from the field. Lakers shot 44% from the field--- turnovers, just plain stupid plays killed them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your top 50, I'd be interested in seeing your list. I think it's crazy to say Pippen isn't a top 50 player. And Russell. How can you call the greatest winner in league history the most overrated player ever?

This one is easy.

Pippen is defintely a top 50 player. Maybe a top 40 player.

And Russell is on the list of most overrated players because some try to insert him in GOAT talks and he just doesn't belong.

The irony is that Pippen is a wing version of Bill Russell. Great players, both. But you have to be able to score the ball to be among the top 20-30 greatest of all time. There is too much history and too many multitalented players who could do it all.

I don't know about ever, but he does tend to be overrated. Often, he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Imo, he's more a product of his era than anything else.

Obviously, that's not his fault. Dude was born when he was born. lol

But in today's game, he's probably more Al Horford level than GOAT level.

Yea I actually went through the league and the "centers" that played at the time and he was so much more athletic than his comp it was absurd. Obviously he did well when pared with top comp also however. Just not well rounded enough imo to be anywhere near GOAT convos

I am complete ASS at comparing guys from different eras.

So, I leave this debate to my betters..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have a road back to back against Minnesota and Dallas coming up tomorrow and Monday. LeBron will not be playing. Kuzma is doubtful.

With LeBron they would be 2 games that the Lakers would be substantially favored.

Without him it is anyones guess. It would be very bad for them if they lose both- they have to win one of those games and tread some water during this easy part of their schedule until they begin a very rough patch coming up that LeBron should be available for.

@DJ dont think for a second you are outta the woods on our bet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Russ is having a bit of an off year shooting. Amazing that the team is overcoming this and still winning.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have a road back to back against Minnesota and Dallas coming up tomorrow and Monday. LeBron will not be playing. Kuzma is doubtful.

With LeBron they would be 2 games that the Lakers would be substantially favored.

Without him it is anyones guess. It would be very bad for them if they lose both- they have to win one of those games and tread some water during this easy part of their schedule until they begin a very rough patch coming up that LeBron should be available for.

@DJ dont think for a second you are outta the woods on our bet.

Losing both puts them 1 game above .500 at the halfway mark. Going to be very tough for them to climb up from there.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dream.....that one day we will all be talking about what we are having for lunch and dinner.....in a world of madness and chaos......in between hot sports takes.....we shall all freely discuss our food cravings and not be ashamed to talk about it.

@Wamu and @trojanfan12 are my main compadres since Wamy talks about what he is grilling and TJ12 and I discuss our latest foodie destinations.

You grilling today, @Wamu?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lakers are now 1-4 without LeBron.

Further proof that he is the MVP every year.

But he won't get it. Again.

I get it but I'm sure if you take Harden off the Rockets for a few games, they would have a similar record.

They're not going to give the MVP to a guy who team doesn't finish top 2 or 3 in their conference unless he does something incredible like avg a triple double

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Russ is having a bit of an off year shooting. Amazing that the team is overcoming this and still winning.

PG is having his best season of his career and they play great defense. If Russ gets going, they will be a real threat

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are terrible.

But Kris Dunn needs to start getting a bit of love around here. He is playing well. 17 assists last night, along with solid efficiency numbers (48.4% FG, 35% 3, 77.8% FT) and a highly respectable 2.78 assists per TO.

I think the Bulls will eventually seperate from the bottom 4 and exit the Zion sweepstakes. They have more talent than the other East cellar dwellers.

I think the bottom 4 in some order will be:

Cleveland, Phoenix, NY and Atlanta will be the bottom 4, IMO.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca's a sexy female.
Lordy.

It doesn't matter if my Dick is firmly attached to my person or safely locked away in my nightstand.

* glances at big red lovingly because Latino heat is out fishing *

Dude, Man and even Bro have somehow morphed into gender neutral pronouns.

I had to go read my daughter's diary a year ago when they started calling eachother " Bro ".

Fucking Millenials.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are terrible.

But Kris Dunn needs to start getting a bit of love around here. He is playing well. 17 assists last night, along with solid efficiency numbers (48.4% FG, 35% 3, 77.8% FT) and a highly respectable 2.78 assists per TO.

I think the Bulls will eventually seperate from the bottom 4 and exit the Zion sweepstakes. They have more talent than the other East cellar dwellers.

A player that was called a bust early on.....after his rookie season.

:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sd
The Bulls are terrible.

in retrospect the Bulls did not do to bad in the Butler trade....they got what? Dunn, LaVine and a pick right? I am not sure who that pick turned into.