• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put him in the GOAT conversation though. My original comment was about shane saying he's the most overrated (or 1 of them) in league history.

Yeah, like I said earlier, he is overrated, but he isn't the most overrated in history, not even close.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an NBA topic.....but DeAndre Hopkins is a standup guy.

He's donating his game check (29k) to a young girl's family to cover her funeral costs. Sucks to be for such a sad purpose, but he's a great person.

I saw that. Just some random asshole decided to shoot up a car for no reason.

Props to him for sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there ya go. Like I said, he would be Al Horford.

Not a thing wrong with that either.

I gotta disagree. Horford's only averaged double digit rebounds once in his career. And like I already said you can't teach shot blocking. Horford's career high in that stat is 1.5.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Russell would be a 1st team All Star or anything. But I do think because of defensive abilities he would be a great defender & multiple time All Star.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh.....using bpg and spg to determine somebody's defensive worth is fighting words on tHoop.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree. Horford's only averaged double digit rebounds once in his career. And like I already said you can't teach shot blocking. Horford's career high in that stat is 1.5.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Russell would be a 1st team All Star or anything. But I do think because of defensive abilities he would be a great defender & multiple time All Star.

I know. I got the joke.

I agree re: Russell. He'd probably get himself a couple of DPOY awards as well. He wouldn't average the monster rebounding and shot blocking numbers that he did in his era, but he'd be among the league leaders in both categories.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put him in the GOAT conversation though. My original comment was about shane saying he's the most overrated (or 1 of them) in league history.

And I honestly think you guys are saying the same thing in different ways.

There are people on these boards who have listed Bill Russell as #1 in their GOAT list within the last 2 years. Ahead of Jordan, ahead of LeBron and Kareem.

But, the realty is that like you said, he isn't close to that level. The best modern comparison I can think of is like a prime Joakim Noah. Obviously Russell had a lot more longevity and was a better version, but we are talking about a solid allstar level player in the modern game, not a superstar. And your comments seem to reflect that belief too.

In my mind, a player like this who gets mentioned in the short list during GOAT talks is very overrated. Because I don't think most on here would rank russell in the top 20 of all time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I honestly think you guys are saying the same thing in different ways.

There are people on these boards who have listed Bill Russell as #1 in their GOAT list within the last 2 years. Ahead of Jordan, ahead of LeBron and Kareem.

But, the realty is that like you said, he isn't close to that level. The best modern comparison I can think of is like a prime Joakim Noah. Obviously Russell had a lot more longevity and was a better version, but we are talking about a solid allstar level player in the modern game, not a superstar. And your comments seem to reflect that belief too.

In my mind, a player like this who gets mentioned in the short list during GOAT talks is very overrated. Because I don't think most on here would rank russell in the top 20 of all time.

Anyone that would put Russell ahead of MJ, KAJ or even LeBron needs to get their head checked.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I got the joke.

I agree re: Russell. He'd probably get himself a couple of DPOY awards as well. He wouldn't average the monster rebounding and shot blocking numbers that he did in his era, but he'd be among the league leaders in both categories.

Shot blocking wasn't a stat in his era. And no doubt he wouldn't have the rebounding #'s in today's NBA. Players are much better shooters than that long gone era.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot blocking wasn't a stat in his era. And no doubt he wouldn't have the rebounding #'s in today's NBA. Players are much better shooters than that long gone era.

Can you imagine what he and Wilt's shot blocking numbers would look like? lol

The NBA should hire someone to go back and watch all of their games (if there's film of all of them) and count them up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine what he and Wilt's shot blocking numbers would look like? lol

The NBA should hire someone to go back and watch all of their games (if there's film of all of them) and count them up.

His shot blocking totals were probably crazy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone like Willie Cauley Stein would've been a monster in the 50's as an example

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So BI and Ball couldn't get it done last night?

6 point 4th quarter lead then outscored by 13 in the 4th.

Disappointing

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dream.....that one day we will all be talking about what we are having for lunch and dinner.....in a world of madness and chaos......in between hot sports takes.....we shall all freely discuss our food cravings and not be ashamed to talk about it.

@Wamu and @trojanfan12 are my main compadres since Wamy talks about what he is grilling and TJ12 and I discuss our latest foodie destinations.