• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving them an all star this year. That team deserves one. D'Lo or Dinwiddie, I haven't decided who (I'm leaning Dinwiddie)

Gotta go with the latter.
Dude has one of the best names in the league, and he's having a nice year.
It sounds like an old school association name from back in the day.

Spencer Dinwiddie.

:thumb:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There he was just a-dribblin' next to me singing "Do-wah-diddie Din-widdie-Do."

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG13 with 37 points in win at Portland.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....

Would you start your franchise with Luka or Ben?

That's a tough call...lol

Luka looks allergic to defense most of the game.

But, Ben can't/won't shoot.

Yeeesh.....I'm actually stumped.

Generally speaking, when guys are this close, I want the guy who plays defense.

There's a fair amount of history to back up guys who can't/won't shoot, at least becoming respectable.

Guys who are allergic to defense, typically stay allergic to defense.

Personally, the only time I would change that is if I have a team that is already good defensively and I need a playmaker or shooter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, when guys are this close, I want the guy who plays defense.

There's a fair amount of history to back up guys who can't/won't shoot, at least becoming respectable.

Guys who are allergic to defense, typically stay allergic to defense.

Personally, the only time I would change that is if I have a team that is already good defensively and I need a playmaker. or shooter.

Yep.

Give me the elite athlete every time.

LeBron and MJ couldn't really shoot that well when they entered the league. Players can learn to shoot with reps over time. You can't learn to be a plus plus athlete.

Luka may very well end up being the better player. But Simmons has more upside.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the nets @tlance

What about them?

My beef all along is that they started trying to win too soon. They have a collection of good young players. What do they do next summer? Do they resign Dlo for way too much money? Maybe they sign a Jimmy Butler type and become a 50 win team.

That is a Washington Wizards rebuild philosophy right there. And I absolutely hate it. When you build toward a 50 win ceiling you almost never miss on the high side.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Pippen you arent in my top 50 lol. But winning decides who the greatest players in the game are. I mean if you are in a GOAT conversation and you have 6 titles it helps. It doesnt help Horry. Bill Russell is one of the most overrated players ever.

Didn’t Pippen once say Lebron was the best? This dude is so confused lolzzz

Post your top 50, I'd be interested in seeing your list. I think it's crazy to say Pippen isn't a top 50 player. And Russell. How can you call the greatest winner in league history the most overrated player ever?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your top 50, I'd be interested in seeing your list. I think it's crazy to say Pippen isn't a top 50 player. And Russell. How can you call the greatest winner in league history the most overrated player ever?

This one is easy.

Pippen is defintely a top 50 player. Maybe a top 40 player.

And Russell is on the list of most overrated players because some try to insert him in GOAT talks and he just doesn't belong.

The irony is that Pippen is a wing version of Bill Russell. Great players, both. But you have to be able to score the ball to be among the top 20-30 greatest of all time. There is too much history and too many multitalented players who could do it all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Russell. How can you call the greatest winner in league history the most overrated player ever?

I don't know about ever, but he does tend to be overrated. Often, he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Imo, he's more a product of his era than anything else.

Obviously, that's not his fault. Dude was born when he was born. lol

But in today's game, he's probably more Al Horford level than GOAT level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is easy.

Pippen is defintely a top 50 player. Maybe a top 40 player.

And Russell is on the list of most overrated players because some try to insert him in GOAT talks and he just doesn't belong.

The irony is that Pippen is a wing version of Bill Russell. Great players, both. But you have to be able to score the ball to be among the top 20-30 greatest of all time. There is too much history and too many multitalented players who could do it all.

I wasn't saying Russell's a top 50 player. Just that I can't call the greatest winner in league history one of the most overrated. Funny that players are judged by their career accomplishments yet Russell's penalized for winning 11 rings in 13 years.

And Pippen. Because of his versatility I'd have him in my top 50.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, just silly to say Pipp isn't an all-time great.....but this guy is Wiggy's staunchest ally on these boards.....so what do you really expect?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about ever, but he does tend to be overrated. Often, he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Imo, he's more a product of his era than anything else.

I think in today's NBA he'd be a great defender (you can't teach shot blocking), a good rebounder & an All Star caliber player for no other reason than his D.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I actually went through the league and the "centers" that played at the time and he was so much more athletic than his comp it was absurd. Obviously he did well when pared with top comp also however. Just not well rounded enough imo to be anywhere near GOAT convos

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying Russell's a top 50 player. Just that I can't call the greatest winner in league history one of the most overrated. Funny that players are judged by their career accomplishments yet Russell's penalized for winning 11 rings in 13 years.

If you're not calling him a top 50 player of all time, but he's often included in GOAT conversations, how is he not overrated?

I also don't see how he's being penalized for winning all of those titles when it's the very thing that has him in the convo in the first place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in today's NBA he'd be a great defender (you can't teach shot blocking), a good rebounder & an All Star caliber player for no other reason than his D.

So, Al Horford with a little more D and a little less O.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not calling him a top 50 player of all time, but he's often included in GOAT conversations, how is he not overrated?

I also don't see how he's being penalized for winning all of those titles when it's the very thing that has him in the convo in the first place.

I wouldn't put him in the GOAT conversation though. My original comment was about shane saying he's the most overrated (or 1 of them) in league history.