• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just begs the question how and why Patrick Mccaw was even a talking point at any point in history

Quite simple really.

Many were talking about him as a potential steal in the 2016 draft when all rookies were being analyzed. At that point, he was being discussed in roughly the same way as say Robert Williamson or Hamadi Diallo were this year.

After opening night when the warriors lost and McCaw was DNP'd, I made an innocuous comment saying I was surprised that he didn't get in, and Wiggy went on a pretty spectacular rant about how "stupid I was to believe a 2nd round pick could be in the rotation for a championship team".

From there, things kind of escalated and McCaw has been a talking point ever since.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your point? He wasnt a rotational player on GS. If he isnt a rotational player on the Cavs that will be sad, especially with their injuries

Um....

He isn't under contract this year. So he hasn't played.

Last 2 years he was a back of rotation player, unless you also have some warped defintion of what that means.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite simple really.

Many were talking about him as a potential steal in the 2016 draft when all rookies were being analyzed. At that point, he was being discussed in roughly the same way as say Robert Williamson or Hamadi Diallo were this year.

After opening night when the warriors lost and McCaw was DNP'd, I made an innocuous comment saying I was surprised that he didn't get in, and Wiggy went on a pretty spectacular rant about how "stupid I was to believe a 2nd round pick could be in the rotation for a championship team".

From there, things kind of escalated and McCaw has been a talking point ever since.

I can dig it lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....

He isn't under contract this year. So he hasn't played.

Last 2 years he was a back of rotation player, unless you also have some warped defintion of what that means.

Ahh so an extended-bench player....whatever that means. Basically like Andrew Harrison in Cleveland, yeah that makes sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh so an extended-bench player....whatever that means. Basically like Andrew Harrison in Cleveland, yeah that makes sense.
end of the bench scrub--- plays in garbage time and if there are injuries basically. lol.

anywhoo....

so...right now, between the injuries and trades the Cavs roster looks like:

PG: Sexton, Delly (not bad)
SG: Hood (hurt), Clarkson (day to day), Nwaba (day to day), Jr Smith (sent home)
SF: Osman, Burks
PF: Love (hurt), L. Nance Jr., Frye
C: TT (hurt), Henson (hurt), Zizic

so out of ACTUAL healthy players that they can expect to suit up right now....

PG: Sexton and Delly
SG: ? Clarkson i guess
SF: Burks
PF: Cedi
C: Nance Jr.

its REALLY REALLY bad right now--- is why guys like Blossomgame, Jones, Frye, Zizic are playing- who really are ideally end of bench guys like McCaw--- more so practice players.

add in the fact that Hood and Burks, at least I think, are prime trade candidates....

its a THIN THIN roster right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korver was getting 15.7mpg on the Cavs.....was he a rotation player?

:lol:

Too easy.

Not this year. He barely played. At this point in his career I don't think Korver would be a rotation player on almost any team. Most coaches put him out there just as an extra shooter

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs do officially have the worst record in the league right now- which is a relief.

Once Love and TT come back they will prob. win a few games here or there.

They need to stay in the bottom 3 if you ask me.

Gotta get Zion or Barrett or Reddish. I have no clue who will be the best out of those 3, but i dont think i could pass up Zion's ceiling.