• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like what Cedi Osman was for the Cavs last season. At least in terms of role
i would DEF. not say that Osman was in the rotation last season- he was basically red-shirted.

He has had a tough year thus far--- but has been played out of position playing a lot of PF because of the injuries and he is not well suited to playing there.

The fact is that him and Sexton both need a guy like Love to draw some attention away from them. I am AMAZED Sexton is shooting what he has thus far this year considering all the attention he gets and that on some nights, depending on the injury report, he is the Cavs #1 option- a 19 year old kid that played 1 year at Alabama.

Sexton has really shown me soemthing with his mental toughness. I am hoping that the Cavs remain a bottom 3 team, add another couple first rounders to their pile of draft picks, and get a Reddish or Zion.

At least, say, Reddish and Love would draw some defensive attention and give Sexton/Osman some breathing room which they desperately need.

still BOGGLES MY MIND- that Ball is operating with ALL this extra open space with LeBron and he cant capitalize on it. That is a very very bad sign.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs do officially have the worst record in the league right now- which is a relief.

Once Love and TT come back they will prob. win a few games here or there.

They need to stay in the bottom 3 if you ask me.

Gotta get Zion or Barrett or Reddish. I have no clue who will be the best out of those 3, but i dont think i could pass up Zion's ceiling.

Kinda worried they will win too much when Love comes back but with the injuries building up the last week or so they haven't been as competitive. Throughout the year they would play close games and eventually lose but now they are just losing games. If Love is out for another month that should lock up a top 5 pick at least...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-12-28_14-46-33.png

This brings back memories...some good, some bad

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda worried they will win too much when Love comes back but with the injuries building up the last week or so they haven't been as competitive. Throughout the year they would play close games and eventually lose but now they are just losing games. If Love is out for another month that should lock up a top 5 pick at least...
it increasingly looks like a 3 player draft at the top

usually one more guy kidn of shows up out of nowhere---- but i def. dont want to be drafting any later than 4 that is for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG position of Sexton and Delly is not bad--- and PF/C is actually fairly solid with TT/Love/Nance......

the wings though...ughhhhh.....need a LOT of help. A bad ass powerforward might be nice too

i mean- there is a lot of work to do- but i like the way the Cavs have been handling it thus far--- play the young guys, acquire picks, try and get a top lotto pick. Hopefully they only hae to do this for 2 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it increasingly looks like a 3 player draft at the top

usually one more guy kidn of shows up out of nowhere---- but i def. dont want to be drafting any later than 4 that is for sure.

Idk it looks like Bol Bol is moving up on the boards. He is averaging 21 and 9 and 3 blocks. The kid is shooting 52% from 3 lol.

Nassir Little could be in the mix for #3 as well

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG position of Sexton and Delly is not bad--- and PF/C is actually fairly solid with TT/Love/Nance......

the wings though...ughhhhh.....need a LOT of help. A bad ass powerforward might be nice too

i mean- there is a lot of work to do- but i like the way the Cavs have been handling it thus far--- play the young guys, acquire picks, try and get a top lotto pick. Hopefully they only hae to do this for 2 years.

Well say they got Zion..I highly doubt they would be this bad next year...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well say they got Zion..I highly doubt they would be this bad next year...
Zion will play PF right?

A Zion/Love front court would be interesting that is for sure--- still a TON of work to do on the wing and Sexton still has a long way to go as a distributor and outside shooter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion will play PF right?

A Zion/Love front court would be interesting that is for sure--- still a TON of work to do on the wing and Sexton still has a long way to go as a distributor and outside shooter.

Yeah that would be, not sure how that would work honestly. Then you have TT for another year (next year) and Nance. They would have a lot big men.

RJ would be ideal but not really a fan of a high volume shooter with this team.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 194224

This brings back memories...some good, some bad
anthony-bennett-jumps-when-touched-with-powerade-against-knicks.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would DEF. not say that Osman was in the rotation last season- he was basically red-shirted.

He has had a tough year thus far--- but has been played out of position playing a lot of PF because of the injuries and he is not well suited to playing there.

The fact is that him and Sexton both need a guy like Love to draw some attention away from them. I am AMAZED Sexton is shooting what he has thus far this year considering all the attention he gets and that on some nights, depending on the injury report, he is the Cavs #1 option- a 19 year old kid that played 1 year at Alabama.

Sexton has really shown me soemthing with his mental toughness. I am hoping that the Cavs remain a bottom 3 team, add another couple first rounders to their pile of draft picks, and get a Reddish or Zion.

At least, say, Reddish and Love would draw some defensive attention and give Sexton/Osman some breathing room which they desperately need.

still BOGGLES MY MIND- that Ball is operating with ALL this extra open space with LeBron and he cant capitalize on it. That is a very very bad sign.

Okay.

But serious question:

That is YOUR interpretation of what a rotation player is. That is not what most people would define as a rotation player. Dude averaged 12 minutes a game over 61 games. He got DNP'd sometimes and he actually was out of the rotation in the playoffs.

But, why take such lengths that you are willing to call people names and everything else over semantics? Because from what I gather, your defintion of rotation player is anybody playing regular leveraged minutes on the biggest stage with everybody healthy.

At no point was I talking about that regarding expectations for McCaw's playing time in year 1. But that is how you took it and where the entire 2 year argument stemmed from.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would be, not sure how that would work honestly. Then you have TT for another year (next year) and Nance. They would have a lot big men.

RJ would be ideal but not really a fan of a high volume shooter with this team.

I think Zion or Reddish would fit better with sexton.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers vs the Clipps tonight for the battle of Los Angeles

*Puts on new shirt and polo jacket, glares at that sexy ass momma-cita in AZ*

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers vs the Clipps tonight for the battle of Los Angeles

*Puts on new shirt and polo jacket, glares at that sexy ass momma-cita in AZ*

*And the one in NorCal even if she's a W's fan NOW*

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.

But serious question:

That is YOUR interpretation of what a rotation player is. That is not what most people would define as a rotation player. Dude averaged 12 minutes a game over 61 games. He got DNP'd sometimes and he actually was out of the rotation in the playoffs.

But, why take such lengths that you are willing to call people names and everything else over semantics? Because from what I gather, your defintion of rotation player is anybody playing regular leveraged minutes on the biggest stage with everybody healthy.

At no point was I talking about that regarding expectations for McCaw's playing time in year 1. But that is how you took it and where the entire 2 year argument stemmed from.

BOOM.

12mpg in 60-plus games is a rotation player.....to most NBA fans with a clue.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion will play PF right?

So Love is playing center?

TT is what.....off the bench at his redunkulous salary?

LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.

But serious question:

my definition of rotation player is VERY simple

if when you show up to work- you know you are going to play that night- and you are going to play meaningful non-garbage time minutes - you are "in the rotation"

if your minutes depend on the matchup or foul trouble or someone getting hurt, or a lopsided score- if you show up to the arena and dont know if you are going to play meaningful minutes- you are not "in the rotation".