• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this was the EXACT offer the Warriors offered to him at the deadline. I know Cleveland allows for more possible playing time, but considering the Warriors offered him that amount I think they will at least kick the tires on matching. It's not like we're getting great wing production right now from anyone. The only problem I see with this is that it would be for the last roster spot. The Warriors are painfully thin at Center, even with Boogie coming back. I think they may eventually want to use that spot on a buy-out.

The Cavs have been riddled with injuries:

Love, TT, Hood, now Nwaba some. Mainly big guys but I expect Mccaw to get more than 12 mins a night in Cleveland...possibly. I mean he wasn't even in the rotation in GS :pop2: but Cleveland he should get more minutes...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal will pay McCaw $3 million in each of the next two seasons, but the Cavs or Warriors could waive McCaw before Jan. 7 and not be liable for his remaining salary. = Dan Gilbert fucking with the Warriors

oh thats kinda funny. basically blows up GSW's restricted rights.

It doesn't really matter because at some point the Warriors would have to shit or get off the pot with McCaw. Better now than 2 years down the road holding his rights when he plays in China.

Still think he can be a useful player in the NBA, but he needs development to his game. I honestly think he would really help the Cavs in more than just a warm body capacity. I have a feeling you believe there's some upside here too, but you probably won't admit this.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have been riddled with injuries:

Love, TT, Hood, now Nwaba some. Mainly big guys but I expect Mccaw to get more than 12 mins a night in Cleveland...possibly. I mean he wasn't even in the rotation in GS :pop2: but Cleveland he should get more minutes...

I mean since McCaw is on a team option, the team should really be giving him as many minutes as possible to see what the upside there is. If there's none, they can cut him next year with no ramifications to the cap. If they do have something there, they'll retain him for a really solid price, at least for a year.

Burks and Hood I think will likely be traded by the deadline for more assets, likely picks. McCaw should have plenty of opportunity.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Lakers win tonight would put them in 4th place in the West.

A loss would put them 7th or 8th depending on the Spurs Nuggets outcome.

The West is gonna be musical chairs all year long.
I'm sure those fucking Lakers will still make the playoffs, if LeBron misses months or returns and gets re-injured then maybe that changes. The more teams just outside the playoffs(Spurs, Grizz, Mavs, Jazz) lose, the better.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal will pay McCaw $3 million in each of the next two seasons, but the Cavs or Warriors could waive McCaw before Jan. 7 and not be liable for his remaining salary. = Dan Gilbert fucking with the Warriors

oh thats kinda funny. basically blows up GSW's restricted rights.
THERE'S the spin

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Wiggy's sake, I hope the Warriors don't match.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean since McCaw is on a team option, the team should really be giving him as many minutes as possible to see what the upside there is. If there's none, they can cut him next year with no ramifications to the cap. If they do have something there, they'll retain him for a really solid price, at least for a year.

Burks and Hood I think will likely be traded by the deadline for more assets, likely picks. McCaw should have plenty of opportunity.

I expect the Cavs to blow it up, for the most part, only Love, Osman, Sexton, TT and Nance will be not be traded and Love isn't exactly safe but I doubt they trade him especially being injured.

Hood or Clarkson - I think Clarkson is much more value but Hood could be gone bc of his 1 year deal.
Burks
Henson
Obiviously, J.R.
Nwaba

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THERE'S the spin
thats not spin.

it basically kicks the Warriors rights and makes them make a decision on him within the next week.

Teams wont use cap space on him- but as salary stuffer in a trade as an expiring he would have some limited value next year I would think.

Very low risk (albeit low reward) move for the Cavs. Best case- he plays better than he has in the past since hes not playing with 4 all stars-

worst case- he continues to kinda pretty much suck and gets cut or is added into a deal as salary cap flotsam.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not spin.

it basically kicks the Warriors rights and makes them make a decision on him within the next week.

Teams wont use cap space on him- but as salary stuffer in a trade as an expiring he would have some limited value next year I would think.

Very low risk (albeit low reward) move for the Cavs. Best case- he plays better than he has in the past since hes not playing with 4 all stars-

worst case- he continues to kinda pretty much suck and gets cut or is added into a deal as salary cap flotsam.

So you do agree there is (potential) upside here for the Cavs right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Cavs to blow it up, for the most part, only Love, Osman, Sexton, TT and Nance will be not be traded and Love isn't exactly safe but I doubt they trade him especially being injured.

Hood or Clarkson - I think Clarkson is much more value but Hood could be gone bc of his 1 year deal.
Burks
Henson
Obiviously, J.R.
Nwaba
Nwaba is intersting- he has actually played very very solid D and is on a VERY reasonable contract.

I woudlnt trade him unless they got something that was actually worth it--- maybe aggregate him ina trade to get a first rounder- but i wouldnt take a 2nd roudner for him.

Burks they could have traded for a 2nd rounder or two already---- but are waiting to see if they can aggregate him in a trade to get a 1st rounder.

I hope they can take the contracts of JR, Burks and Hood and get another first rounder or two out of them by taking some bad money back.

If say the Cavs gave Houston Hood and Burks for Knight they should be able to get AT LEAST a first and 2nd out of that.....itll bei nteresting to see what happens.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not spin.

Are you dizzy? So much spinning

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not spin.

I think he will get good playing time, especially with the injuries and hopefully plays well bc I think they signed him for two reasons: 1. So the Warriors couldn't (at least for not A LOT more) 2. to add him to an upcoming deal

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not spin.

Please, stop.

You Shit on this kid for years...Lmfao

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also- no guarantee that GSW wont match- hopefully they do.

3M, lol.......the way this guy was talked about he was goign to be the next great 6th man in the league instaed he waits months to get a 3M dollar offer sheeet from a team that is in last place with a slew of injuries and guys that have been traded.

pathetic.

What?

Who said he was going to be the next great 6th man? I know some thought he had the potential to develop into a really good bench player and eventually take over the Iggy role (although obviously not as well).

That said, it is obvious why he wants to play somewhere like Cleveland. He should get a chance to post better numbers than he ever would have in GS and possibly get paid in his next contract.

I don't think it will work, but that is his thinking.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will get good playing time, especially with the injuries and hopefully plays well bc I think they signed him for two reasons: 1. So the Warriors couldn't (at least for not A LOT more) 2. to add him to an upcoming deal
tenor.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, stop.

You Shit on this kid for years...Lmfao
and im not shitting on him now? did you even read my posts?

hes a warm body that is only on the team because they have lost guys for injuries, lost guys for trades, sent guys home (JR), and are likely to trade even more guys (Burks, Hood).

They need SOMEONE to play- and McCaw will fit PERFECTLY trying to get that top 3 pick! lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes a warm body that is only on the team because they have lost guys for injuries, lost guys for trades, sent guys home (JR), and are likely to trade even more guys (Burks, Hood).

They need SOMEONE to play- and McCaw will fit PERFECTLY trying to get that top 3 pick! lol.
Lmfao

Yeah, he's a warm body.

But, the kid isn't supreme garbage.

He's not a starter in this league. But, he can be a decent t rotation player.

* tosses out bait *

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just trade for Lonzo and Whiteside.

Then you will be all set!