• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his other point, which is correct, is that Lonzo was a bad pick at #2. And since Wiggy loves trolling Laker fans he will never stop talking over and over about it.
esp. becuase they could have had Paul George with that pick, and Paul George is in his prime and kicking ass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll be out that long, but we'll see. According to the team he is day to day.

But, they have also said that they are going to be patient and not rush him back because it's the type of injury that can recur and cause him to miss even more time.

They said he will miss multiple games and as you stated, they're not going to rush him either. My guess is miss at least a week.....maybe more

Steph Curry had the same injury earlier and missed 11 games I believe. Not saying he miss that much but my guess is he miss between 10-14 days

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeeeelllllllsssss Gooooood! After that shot from dame I looked at the clock and thought "Shit here we go again" too much time left. But KD missed and all is right in Rip City!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean lonzo is a better shooter and ball handler and defender (ok he's just plain better at everything than MCW) but is Magic going to roll with him as his PG for the LeBron era you think? That's basically how I'm assessing this.

Imo, it depends on 2 things. Who they may trade for and how well (and quickly) Lonzo continues to develop.

IF the Lakers are able to pull off a major trade before the end of the season, Lonzo will almost certainly be included. Especially if another team involved in the trade needs a point guard.

Also, as I've pointed out before, Lonzo and Lebron being a bad fit isn't entirely true. They play well together when Lonzo is running the offense and Lebron is off ball. Lonzo has elite vision and passing skills, Lebron is an elite scorer...so it works.

But when Lebron is running the offense and Lonzo is off ball, it doesn't work nearly as well because, while Lebron also has elite vision and passing skills, Lonzo is not even a good scorer, let alone an elite one and he's not aggressive enough. So he ends up just hanging around the 3 point line keeping the ball moving instead of being part of the offense.

He's started showing some signs of trying to be more aggressive when he's off ball, but he's too inconsistent about it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeeeelllllllsssss Gooooood! After that shot from dame I looked at the clock and thought "Shit here we go again" too much time left. But KD missed and all is right in Rip City!!!
All is right, enjoy your latest 2nd round exit from the playoffs...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it depends on 2 things. Who they may trade for and how well (and quickly) Lonzo continues to develop.

IF the Lakers are able to pull off a major trade before the end of the season, Lonzo will almost certainly be included. Especially if another team involved in the trade needs a point guard.

Also, as I've pointed out before, Lonzo and Lebron being a bad fit isn't entirely true. They play well together when Lonzo is running the offense and Lebron is off ball. Lonzo has elite vision and passing skills, Ledbron is an elite scorer...so it works.

But when Lebron is running the offense and Lonzo is off ball, it doesn't work nearly as well because, while Lebron also has elite vision and passing skills, Lonzo is not even a good scorer, let alone an elite one and he's not aggressive enough. So he ends up just hanging around the 3 point line keeping the ball moving instead of being part of the offense.

He's started showing some signs of trying to be more aggressive when he's off ball, but he's too inconsistent about it.

If they're to keep Lonzo LeBron would do well to play more off ball and save his legs for the playoffs and see what the kid has anyway

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, as I've pointed out before, Lonzo and Lebron being a bad fit isn't entirely true. They play well together when Lonzo is running the offense and Lebron is off ball. Lonzo has elite vision and passing skills, Ledbron is an elite scorer...so it works.

So basically for it to work Lonzo needs to: 1. Become a better catch-and-shoot player and move better without the ball 2. Become more efficient, 2's and 3's

Doesn't seem like a difficult task considering he shot well at UCLA. The hardest part is going to be moving without the ball, for any player that is used to the ball being in their hands that is hard to adjust to and some never adjust.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said he will miss multiple games and as you stated, they're not going to rush him either. My guess is miss at least a week.....maybe more

Steph Curry had the same injury earlier and missed 11 games I believe. Not saying he miss that much but my guess is he miss between 10-14 days

At least a week is probably pretty close to accurate. Agree that it could be more. I know with the kids, the Lakers have been overly cautious with injuries.

I expect Lebron will have a little more say in how long he's out because he's a veteran and he knows his body better than anyone. But I'm pretty sure the Lakers will want him to sit at least 1 or 2 more games after he says he's ready.

Interestingly, as far as potential in season trades, this stretch of games without Lebron could really help the Lakers pull one off if Lonzo plays like he did last night.

Of course, if he doesn't, it could virtually kill any chance at a trade as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're to keep Lonzo LeBron would do well to play more off ball and save his legs for the playoffs and see what the kid has anyway

Agree. From everything I've read, that's the plan. They don't want this to be a situation where Lebron has to do everything, all game long. They want him to be able to play off ball more so that he can take over at the end of games and have something left for the playoffs.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All is right, enjoy your latest 2nd round exit from the playoffs...
New year new team.
ezgif.com-optimize%20salty.gif

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. From everything I've read, that's the plan. They don't want this to be a situation where Lebron has to do everything, all game long. They want him to be able to play off ball more so that he can take over at the end of games and have something left for the playoffs.

Last year had to have been very hard on LeBron physically. He showed the haters up that shit on him for resting games (despite playing several extra seasons worth of playoff games) and had to carry a team with almost no ball handlers or slashers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically for it to work Lonzo needs to: 1. Become a better catch-and-shoot player and move better without the ball 2. Become more efficient, 2's and 3's

Doesn't seem like a difficult task considering he shot well at UCLA. The hardest part is going to be moving without the ball, for any player that is used to the ball being in their hands that is hard to adjust to and some never adjust.

Pretty much spot on..

At this point, catch and shoot seems to be ok to a point. At least he seems to shoot a little better in that situation. It's the step back 3's that he seems to really struggle with.

Imo, he needs to scrap the step back 3 and concentrate more on catch and shoot. He's young enough that he can add the step back 3 later if/when he becomes consistent at the catch and shoot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year had to have been very hard on LeBron physically. He showed the haters up that shg it on him for resting games (despite playing several extra seasons worth of playoff games) and had to carry a team with almost no ball handlers or slashers.

That's why I disagree with a couple on here that think the Lakers need to just surround him with shooters.

Do the Lakers need to get or develop a couple of shooters? Yes, the 3 is a huge part of the game now and if they don't have at least a couple of guys that can hit it consistently, they're going to be at a disadvantage.

But, if you just surround him with shooters, then it gets back into him having to do everything, all game long.

If they have a couple of playmakers and a couple of guys who can hit the 3 consistently...they can lighten his load a bit which should help with his energy later on.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dead. @tlance Warriors shouldn't match just so we can have fun with Wiggy to see how he changes his tune on McCaw.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dead. @tlance Warriors shouldn't match just so we can have fun with Wiggy to see how he changes his tune on McCaw.

I don't think anyone expects GSW to match. It would cost them an additional $12 mill in tax

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone expects GSW to match. It would cost them an additional $12 mill in tax

Well this was the EXACT offer the Warriors offered to him at the deadline. I know Cleveland allows for more possible playing time, but considering the Warriors offered him that amount I think they will at least kick the tires on matching. It's not like we're getting great wing production right now from anyone. The only problem I see with this is that it would be for the last roster spot. The Warriors are painfully thin at Center, even with Boogie coming back. I think they may eventually want to use that spot on a buy-out.