• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is a front runner. When the lights get brightest and the game is close he is a no show. When he has a stacked team or the other team is crippled with injuries he shines. When his team is up by 20 he can always make that 3!

"Since the Golden State Warriors became title contenders during the 2014-15 season, Curry has faced the Cavaliers 18 times. In those contests, he's averaged the following box score line:

23.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.2 assists, and 3.9 turnovers per game; 43.2 FG% (139-for-322 shooting) and 39.5 3P% (73-for-185)

On the one hand, Curry has outpaced his career scoring and rebounding averages against Cleveland, which certainly isn't a bad thing. On the other, he's way behind his career marks for assists, field-goal percentage and 3-point shooting.

In fact, it's Curry's efficiency that suffers the most on the biggest stage. Last year's unanimous MVP has shot 4.4 percent worse from the floor overall and 4.5 percent worse on 3s against Cleveland over the past three seasons."

@tlance

Please.

Try harder. This is trash. Could could easily have 2 Finals MVPs and this wouldn't even be a topic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's a stone cold 100% fact that you 2 girls are sharing the same brain.
lol.....if the same brain is a free agent can choose who and where he wants to go and chose NOT to play with LeBron- than sure- SIGN ME UP!!! lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well it happens. There are plenty of games Lebron gets hit 5-6 times on the head going to the rim, but bc he is 260 he doesn't the call. Bc Curry is smaller he will get a lot of calls other, bigger players will, at least going to the rim. The lack of free throws bc his game is mainly jump shooting.
this is ABSOLUTELY true.

LeBron should get far more calls than he does, but he does not get them due to his size and strength.

Curry is just not that aggressive and does not have the moves that a Harden or LeBron has at the hoop. Hes just not a great athlete like those guys are.

The difference in pure athleticism between Harden and Curry is vast.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why Steph is averaging 4.9 FTA a game despite a 30% usage rate?

Nope, dude drives and finishes a lot. Gets bumped a lot. This isn't about LeBron, who surely gets jobbed sometimes but gets much better ref treatment than Curry

wtf does being a jump shooter have to do with usage rate? lmao It is a fact he isnt as aggressive as Lebron, Harden, RW, even KD.
The 11 3 point fg attempts shows....but it's common sense. Curry is mainly a jump shooter...I'm not knocking him bc he is also a great finisher.
The fact he shoots 3 more three-pt fgs than 2 pt fg's a game is something that is pretty crazy honestly.
Lets compare that ratio to other great jump shooters in the league...
Klay - 7 3's a game. 11 2's a game
Beal - same ratio.

Yes, Curry doesn't drive or shoot 2's to a normal ratio even compared to great jump shooters. I wouldn't say he gets every call but LOOK AT HIS RATIO. It's the opposite. Even Harden's is 50-50 lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf does being a jump shooter have to do with usage rate? lmao It is a fact he isnt as aggressive as Lebron, Harden, RW, even KD.
The 11 3 point fg attempts shows....but it's common sense. Curry is mainly a jump shooter...I'm not knocking him bc he is also a great finisher.
The fact he shoots 3 more three-pt fgs than 2 pt fg's a game is something that is pretty crazy honestly.
Beal - same ratio.

Yes, Curry doesn't drive or shoot 2's to a normal ratio even compared to great jump shooters. I wouldn't say he gets every call but LOOK AT HIS RATIO. It's the opposite. Even Harden's is 50-50 lol.

It is crazy to compare Curry's FTs to LeBron whose game is built around driving and Harden who might be the GOAT at drawing fouls.

But don't imply Curry gets bailed out by officials because that isn't true. 5 FTs a game is a pretty fair number for the way he plays.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might get called for bad reach-in fouls every now and then, but every player does. If he gets touched with a finger going to the hoop, he will get the call. Not to mention, every time he falls after shooting a 3 he gets a call (he isn't as bad as Harden but close). He gets plenty of respect from the refs, he doesn't see the result like Harden bc he shoots so many damn 3's.

Beal - same ratio.

Do you simply forget what you write?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....if the same brain is a free agent can choose who and where he wants to go and chose NOT to play with LeBron- than sure- SIGN ME UP!!! lol

As usual you are full of shit. You've always been a bit of a shit poster which is why you are constantly bashed and made fun of.

But stooping down into l23j territory is a new low, even for you.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual you are full of shit. You've always been a bit of a shit poster which is why you are constantly bashed and made fun of.

He's an interesting cat. He's not some total dumdum like Dorian, he knows his basketball. He's pure troll, and it's fun having him liven it up here IMO

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an interesting cat. He's not some total dumdum like Dorian, he knows his basketball. He's pure troll, and it's fun having him liven it up here IMO

meh, fun laughing at his bullshit sometimes, ESPECIALLY when he's caught being wrong, droll though at others...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, fun laughing at his bullshit sometimes, ESPECIALLY when he's caught being wrong, droll though at others...
This place would be way more boring without trolls

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so sure, honestly. how 'bout a one month trial without 'em...? :heh:
I'm not saying you personally wouldn't like us all to just talk about DJs lunch and Marvel movies but that would get really old for me quickly

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I would rather discuss basketball than play wack-a-troll.
But now we get both. You can ignore the trolls that aren't fun to debate and engage the ones that are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean- the fact that a free agent can pick where he wants to go and who he wants to play with is not exactly earth-shattering. lol.....cmon now.

George could have went to play with LeBron if he wanted to- but he didnt want to- he wanted to stay where he was and play with RW and take the money.

He is EASILY playing like a top 10, if not top 5 player in the league right now. Lakers have to be kicking themselves that they could have had him for either Ingram or the pick that became Ball.

Good for him.

you have always been a bit of a shit poster that has the blandest "mike and mike" takes that you constantly hedge on and it makes you look like a scared little girl afraid to ever actually make a prediction.

kind of like tlance with that

all though i do say you have more balls than Tlance (which i dont know if its possible to have less)- at least you dont say shit like "well, maybe he could be johhny flynn or maybe he could be kemba walker" LOL