• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, easy to say that AFTER the fact...

now let's see if we can win some games without LeClown...

Exactly. I'm sure when the Warriors cut the lead to 2 quickly with Lebron out, he thought the lakers would win.....

This is what he is known for though. Not shocking

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'm sure when the Warriors cut the lead to 2 quickly with Lebron out, he thought the lakers would win.....

This is what he is known for though. Not shocking

Butt-hurt on Xmas? But, you quote somebody after the fact.....

#Hypocrite

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by BS'ing the post......you've never quoted somebody after the fact @bksballer89?

Usually it's....

"Wrong, lol"

Yeah....and also quoted the person minutes after the same night the post was made.....there is a difference.

I don't constantly post shit afterwards to rub something in that poster face if i didnt make a comment shortly after the initial post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, him choosing to stay in OKC before Lebron signed with the Lakers and saying the Lakers didn't try hard enough to trade for him was clearly about Lebron.

You girls sharing the same brain tonight?
hey all i am saying is that if he wanted to play with LeBron- he EASILY EASILY could have. Thats a stone cold 100% fact. Instead he chose not too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    I just want to point out that Draymond has had a genuinely embarrassing season. And also, for whatever reason, can’t shoot anymore.

2. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 59m59 minutes ago
    It’s amazing that this never came up during 10+ hours of ABC coverage today. Seems relevant, no?

3. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 56m56 minutes ago
    In 2015-16, Draymond was good for 14-10-7 every night with 49-39-70% shooting and the best D in the league. That guy is gone. Unclear if he’s ever coming back. He’s only 28. It’s bizarre.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George: 26 pts, 4.5 assists, 8.2 rebounds, 2.2 steals, 45.4% FG, 39% from 3 on an insane 9 three attempts per game. A 3-1 assist to turnover ratio. Spectacular defense.

definitely deserves to be in the MVP conversation at this point. He has been simply outstanding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... And throwing millions at Klay Useless Thompson and Draymond Green when they don't produce at all
Klay is worth a huge contract with his 3 pt shooting and defense- he has never been a great player with the ball in his hands- but with how the game is setup he is worth it. He cant keep shooting 34% from 3 though and be considered a top player.

I would have said the same thing about Draymond Green but it appears he is aging in dog years- or has just kind of gotten lazy reading all his press clippings and how great he is. Maybe he has just lost that edge and that chip on his shoulder that made him great at one time. I dont know. Its perplexing but the fact is he is playing shitty basketball thus far this year and every year since '16-'17 has gotten a little worse.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one can watch the games today and say that Klay Thompson is a better player than Kyrie Irving. That is for sure.

Kyrie is just special and is one of the few guys in the league that can put a team on his back and will out a win. He is a nut-job but a ridiculously skilled nut-job.

Anyone saying they would rather have Klay rhan Kyrie just does not understand baskebtall at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry gets the least respect from.the refs of any superstar in the league. Gets bumped all the time for no calls
I watched James Harden force the issue time and time again and be aggressive and get to the hoop. Curry just does not do that. Curry is the greatest shooter of all time but hes just not that great at drawing contact and hes just not that great athletically.

Harden gets tons of calls but its becauuse of how aggressive he is and how he forces the issue. Curry does not play like that. You could not watch those 2 play tonight and even compare how the 2 play aggressiveness wise and how they get to the basket and force the ref to make a call.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    I just want to point out that Draymond has had a genuinely embarrassing season. And also, for whatever reason, can’t shoot anymore.

2. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 59m59 minutes ago
    It’s amazing that this never came up during 10+ hours of ABC coverage today. Seems relevant, no?

3. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 56m56 minutes ago
    In 2015-16, Draymond was good for 14-10-7 every night with 49-39-70% shooting and the best D in the league. That guy is gone. Unclear if he’s ever coming back. He’s only 28. It’s bizarre.

He's been so so bad this year, especially since coming back from his injury. I can't tell if he's just being lazy or has forgotten how to play basketball.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is worth a huge contract with his 3 pt shooting and defense- he has never been a great player with the ball in his hands- but with how the game is setup he is worth it. He cant keep shooting 34% from 3 though and be considered a top player.

I would have said the same thing about Draymond Green but it appears he is aging in dog years- or has just kind of gotten lazy reading all his press clippings and how great he is. Maybe he has just lost that edge and that chip on his shoulder that made him great at one time. I dont know. Its perplexing but the fact is he is playing shitty basketball thus far this year and every year since '16-'17 has gotten a little worse.
To be fair it's only 2 years of getting worse. But man it's real this year so far. Still a lot of story to be written. You don't hear about how the Ws have ruined the sport anymore.

Cousins is a real wild card here, be very interesting
I think they win the title this year still but it won't be easy.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but the Dubs have lost their juju, swagger and mystique.
Being defending champs & having every team gunning for you night after night takes it's toll in a lot of ways and it's starting to catch up to them.

One of their greatest strengths during the past 3+ seasons has been their bench depth & play. This year's rendition has been average to mediocre at best.

The entire team seems lackadaisical and disinterested a lot of the time during games..and flat, uninspired, lost & burned out at other crucial times.

They've become too complacent, and as a result, they are now a very beatable team again.

That being said:
Yes..I know it's only December and there's still a long way to go.
Hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited: